PDA

View Full Version : Yeah baby! NIN Live!!!

Sumimasen
6th July 2005, 08:53 PM
Very excited, and just had to tell someone! (and since this is the only forum I use anymore, you guys get the pleasure!)

I'm going to see Nine Inch Nails on Friday night!!! 8)

:rock_on :guitarist :rock_on :guitarist :rock_on :guitarist :rock_on

Not seen them live since 1990, and I can't wait!!!

:D

Sausehuhn
6th July 2005, 08:57 PM
Have fun, man :D

infoxicated
6th July 2005, 08:59 PM
Awesome! Enjoy, man! :D

Lance
6th July 2005, 09:15 PM
yikes! that reminds me that i've still got that NIN poster of a dirt-covered Trent Reznor at Mudstock... er... Woodstock II on my living room wall. it's been a fixture there for so long that i hardly notice it anymore.

lucky lucky Sumi. enjoy!

Sumimasen
6th July 2005, 09:51 PM
Cheers guys! 8)

Shame I had to get the tickets off eBay (and pay through the nose for the priviledge!!!)

Apparantly the UK gigs all sold out in 20 minutes! 8O

Still can't believe I first saw them in a Birmingham nightclub, with a capacity of 200 people! Oh how times have changed... :roll:

Hellfire_WZ
7th July 2005, 08:04 AM
Lovely stuff, not often you get a good gig in the UK. Enjoy! :wink:

Sumimasen
10th July 2005, 08:39 AM
Well, the gig has been and gone. Three months waiting for the most AWESOME concert of my life (so far)!!! Trent Reznor is THE coolest frontman ever, no question!

It's been a couple of days and I'm still wired!!! :rock_on

For those of you that are interested, this is a list of the tracks that they played (although not in this order - my memory isn't that good!!! :oops: )

The Frail
The Wretched
The Line Begins To Blur
Burn
Closer
Terrible Lie
The Hand That Feeds
Getting Smaller
You Know What You Are?
The Collector
With Teeth
Love Is Not Enough
Even Deeper
Something I Can Never Have
Hurt
March Of The Pigs
Head Like A Hole
Suck
Gave Up
The Day The World Went Away
Star****ers, Inc.
Reptile

They started with The Frail/The Wretched and ended with Head Like A Hole. Also, in a great change in tradition (that I personally think ALL bands should adopt) they played a straight set of 22 songs with no encore!!! Great! No crowd-teasing, just a full set with no breaks!

Once again, AWESOME!!! :rock_on :guitarist :rock_on :guitarist :rock_on

Later guys!

Sumi 8)

Shem
10th July 2005, 08:52 AM
heh, i wonder when they'd get to visit Poland to play a gig for us. Till then i'll be remixing their "Only" track, at least that's what's left to do.

Lion
10th July 2005, 09:36 AM
cool :D I saw them as part of the Big Day Out (http://www.bigdayout.com/) here a few years back, we are some of the lucky few
I don't think they compared to Tool live (the ÆNIMA tour anyway)
but NIN are one of the best sounding live groups out there, a lot of bands that are good in the studio are pretty poor on stage, conrats on getting to see one that is awesome everywhere :P

Sumimasen
10th July 2005, 10:22 AM
Yeah, I first saw NIN 15 years ago ( 8O ) and they were amazing even back then.

That was a totally different experience, as the venue was a club that could only hold 200 people, and even then it was only half full!!! Trent was in the habit of drenching everyone and everything (including lighting rigs and amps) in water, before virtually trashing the set.

They've calmed down a helluva lot since then, but the intensity is still there.

Not a big fan of Tool TBH, but to be fair, I've never really heard much of their stuff.

Going to three more gigs this year, which has to be a new record for me!

Rammstein in a week or so, Skinny Puppy in August (which I CANNOT WAIT for!!!) and Feeder in November. All should be awesome gigs!

Sumi

eLhabib
10th July 2005, 01:07 PM
best gig I have ever been to was a month ago on the novarock festival near vienna - prodigy were the headliners on the 3rd and last evening - BEST.GIG.EVER. I didn't even get ONE second to take some breath between all the bouncing :rock_on

btw. I also enjoyed audioslave, system of a down, and weezer very much on this festival.

Lion
10th July 2005, 07:44 PM
as much as I hate to say it. Michael Jackson put on the best stage show I've ever seen.
Marilyn Manson also does a very good live set

Roger
11th July 2005, 10:22 AM
Caught Black Sabbath :rock_on (tuesday) and Iron Maiden :guitarist (thursday) last week. Both bands were on top form, Maiden not surprisingly so, but seeing Ozzy and the lads "tearing the roof down" was really a sight!

Hellfire_WZ
11th July 2005, 12:14 PM
You lucky....oh, Finland. That's hardly surprising then, Scandinavia gets tons of brilliant metal festivals. I've only been to one gig, Judas Priest and The Scorpions back in March. My next one is in November, which'll be Stratovarius and Hammerfall. Can't wait to see Stratovarius, especially now they've got Timo Kotipelto back. :wink:

Roger
11th July 2005, 06:43 PM
Speaking of the Scorpions, they'll literally be playing in my back yard come saturday, courtesy of the Rockperry festival (http://www.rockperry.fi/). The concert area is something like 300 metres from our house! :) Too bad I won't be at home, going away for a wedding.

Hellfire_WZ
11th July 2005, 07:45 PM
Children Of Bodom and Thunderstone... I wanna move to Finland... :cry: