PDA

View Full Version : Crash Games in Multiplayer-Using Jap and American PSP-HELP!!

Sweaty_roo
27th June 2005, 03:09 PM
:(
Hi, I was wondering if you could help me with a massive problem I have!?
I have an American PSP and a JAP version.
I have 2 copies of Wipeout Pure (both American Version).
However, when I try to link the two up and play multiplayer, the American PSP always freezes up after 10 seconds of playing.

Does anyone know why this happens?

Would a downloadable pack help me out?

Please help, as I would like to play with my girlfriend at Wipeout whilst we are away on our hols!!
Many thanks!

Task
27th June 2005, 03:40 PM
One of the download packs was supposed to help with a "freezing up" problem, especially after coming out of sleep mode, so maybe if you get that one (Gamma 1 I do believe) that will help.

Purist
27th June 2005, 06:11 PM
Sweaty_roo check out this http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2312&start=150&sid=be60aa602ef68966696bab04f6ed6b74 and the next few pages

Sweaty_roo
27th June 2005, 06:37 PM
Cheers guys. I will check it out soon.
Thanks for the help!

Sweaty_roo
27th June 2005, 07:12 PM
Aaarrggghh!!
It seems to still want to crash.
I have loaded gamme pack 1 on the Jap Machine, and Gamma pack 1 and 2 on the US machine, and still seems to crash after 10 seconds.
I have taken out the batteries in both systems and yet it still has a problem.

If anyone can help, that would be appreciated!!

many thanks!

Dogg Thang
27th June 2005, 07:39 PM
Have you tried removing the Gamma packs altogether? You're sure both copies are US right?

I've only actually played multiplayer once but could you take us through your steps to see if there is anything that might spring to mind?

eLhabib
27th June 2005, 10:09 PM
have you updated both your PSPs to version 1.52? If not, that most likely is the problem! If not 1.52, at least make sure they are both using the SAME version. You'll find the OS version information in your PSP menu -> system information.

Sweaty_roo
28th June 2005, 05:59 AM
Thanks for the advice guys.
I have put the Gamma Packs on as I read that this would help. But so far it has not!

I have seen that my PSPs have different software versions:

Jap PSP: Verison 1
USA PSP: Version 1.5

How would I go about adding the new software on it (Version 1,52)?
ANd would this really help?

Many thanks

Rudi

Dogg Thang
28th June 2005, 06:24 AM
Hmmm, a 1.0 JP PSP is a treasured commodity. I'd have a hard time recommmending you upgrade your firmware but elhabib is right that it could well be causing (or partly causing the problem).

Although now that I think about it, I'm running 1.0 and my mate was running 1.5 and we had no problem. Maybe hold off on the firmware upgrade until you are sure it's not something else.

Did you try removing the Gamma packs? Can you go through your steps?

eLhabib
28th June 2005, 09:09 AM
I am positive that the gamma packs have nothing to do with multiplayer experience. The new gamma 1 pack was only recommended because the old gamma 1 would cause freezes. Means that if you have freezes in multiplayer even if you take all the gamma packs off (which I am sure you will have), then downloading the gamma packs isn't gonna change it either.

As I said above, I am pretty sure it is the difference in firmware versions.
One other thing you could try is go to your PSP's power save settings and make sure the wi-fi power save is turned OFF. I have found that my connection to the internet is better if I don't use power save, so it might affect the multiplayer, too.

Lion
28th June 2005, 10:18 AM
now that you mention that, I seem to remember finding issues multiplayer with a friend when we both had wifi powersave on, I changed mine but he left his at default and it started working... we had a different issue though, we simply couldn't see each other's games.
incidentally his psp is jap, and mine american

Sweaty_roo
28th June 2005, 12:57 PM
Hi Guys

Thanks for all of the help and advice.
However, I am still having problems!!

I have deleted my Gamma Packs from both of the PSPs, and I have tried to work the multiplayer in the following ways:

Wi Fi Mode as being OFF with the Gamma Packs 1 ON
Wi Fi Mode as Being OFF with Gamma Packs OFF

Wi Fi Mode being ON on the USA Version, and OFF on the Jap Version, and Gamma Packs OFF

Here is the method I use to connect each PSP to one another and race:

1. Load each PSP up
2. On both PSPs load up my Saved Game Info (diifferent saved info on each one)
3. On the American One, go to the Mulitplayer screen and set up a single race.
4. Choose the first speed setting, and level and ship.
5. On the Jap Version, I join the multiplayer race.
6. I then choose the first ship as well.
7. The PSPs sync and then the main game loads up.
8. We start to race, adn ten seconds later, the American Verison pauses.

I have noticed that one of the versions of the game actually has a different view point of the ship. It is actually nearer the screen (i.e Bigger).
Whether this has soemthing to do with it I dont know (maybe theres a hint there somewhere).

I am not sure what the consequences would be if I was to update the firmware, however, it is the American PSP that seems to have the problems, and that is using 1.5.

Please help!!

Rudi

Sweaty_roo
28th June 2005, 01:06 PM
Also, I forgot to mention. I have 2 copies of Luminies and they work perfectly together (they are both American games). Just thought this might help.

Cheers

eLhabib
28th June 2005, 01:26 PM
the different view point of the ship has nothing to do with it. you can change view by pressing select button.

does it freeze after exactly 10 seconds everytime?

Sweaty_roo
28th June 2005, 02:27 PM
Hi, its not exactly 10 seconds each time, it just seems to be around that time.
Any ideas?