PDA

View Full Version : Difference in soundtrack between regions?

Readymade
23rd June 2005, 03:41 AM
I thought I was pretty happy with my US / Canada version of Wipeout Pure.

Then I found out that the Americans are far behind the Japanese when it comes to putting out Gamma packs. I stewed over it for a bit, but then decided I could be patient. I could wait.

Then I found out that the European release would have more music tracks than the US one (probably because some ignorant Sony execs think that Americans "don't like dance music", next to "the Earth is flat").

Is the Japanese version like that too? Are there extra music tracks?

Does anyone know if the Americans plan to release the extra music tracks in the downloads? And while we're at it, when's that "music mixer" coming online? :P

phoenixx
23rd June 2005, 08:38 AM
the earth is NOT FLAT?? :o

greetings from a forgotten continent.

BTW if europe will have more music tracks I'm sure they'll be downloadable.

Boxman
23rd June 2005, 05:27 PM
At the rate the gamma packs are coming out the music mixer probably will never come out.

Readymade
24th June 2005, 07:32 PM
Just downloaded the Gamma Pack 2 for the US/C version :twisted: Read somewhere that Gamma Packs will be released every month and it looks like the Sony people are actually keeping to that schedule. This bodes well.

On a side note, I noticed that the Music section on the US website lists Royksopp, but their track's nowhere to be seen :x Darn it -- I want my music :cry:

Dogg Thang
24th June 2005, 07:37 PM
In a previous thread, someone pointed out that Royksopp's track is actually what is used on the main menu screen. I don't know their stuff well enough to recognise it although it just seems to be a beat.