PDA

View Full Version : announcers 3..2..1..GO

username
17th June 2005, 08:53 AM
heres a thought ive been having: :roll:
who is everyones faivorite announcer from any of the wipeout series.
mine is kurly from wipeout 3

Hail Seizure
17th June 2005, 08:29 PM
Curly, definately.
She's damn sexy, despite having a body shaped like the Greek letter pi.
:oops:

Rapier Racer
17th June 2005, 08:43 PM
Yes Curly is my fav 3 2 1 GO! announcer as well, and I'd also like to throw in that the contender eliminated announcer from Fusion was great!

Dimension
17th June 2005, 10:01 PM
Curly, gotta be :) Funny, i'm starting to see a pattern here :roll:

Lion
17th June 2005, 10:07 PM
I just cranked up wipeout and 2097 for comparison... definitely curly for the win :P

Hail Seizure
18th June 2005, 12:14 AM
I think it's the little wink she does that swung it for me.

username
18th June 2005, 12:40 PM
i think that the worst ready go was from wipeout fusion :evil: . but i also like the female voice on wo3 that tells you what weapon you got and wether autopilot is on :lol: .
didnt think much of the male voice on wipeout 1 and 2097 :cry:

zargz
18th June 2005, 04:41 PM
curly annoys the @#ยค% out of me after hearing it million times! :evil:
it also disturbs people around me since i play wo3/se so much :?
2097s is okay - not that whining and high pitch at all, as curly is.
Best announcer imo is the one from Fusion >> one of the few good things with fusion.
The most close to the 'real' thing - F1, motoGP etc
the Ready, Hand Go is brilliant imo
Cool successor of the 5red lights tunring on after eachother and then all turn of at the same time like in F1, motoGP etc
I'm really glad pures announcer is simillar to fusions as far as I can see on the in game vdos on the net
It adds to the 'real feel' of the game.

Sausehuhn
18th June 2005, 05:17 PM
In my opinion the best 3, 2, 1, GO! is the one in Wip3out/WipEout 3 SE
The best voice that tells you what weapon you got is the one in Fusion. It's so... well, you know :lol:

Lion
18th June 2005, 10:44 PM
the announcer guy in wipeout (original) sounds australian. and even though my country's accents sound aussie to the rest of the world we here really dislike the twang of the australian accent

I like the voice used in pure, but because of the size of the gap between "ready" and "go!" I think it almost needs "steady" thrown in between... either that or the gap shortened

Hail Seizure
18th June 2005, 11:23 PM
the announcer guy in wipeout (original) sounds australian...

It sounds more like an Essex or London accent to me.

Lion
19th June 2005, 04:57 AM
the weapons voice sounds like some english accent to me (I coudln't hazard a guess as to the region though) but the countdown guy sounds aussie to my ear

username
19th June 2005, 10:03 AM
i also think that the announcer from wipeout 1 has an australian accent :lol: .
im not sure if it just mo or does curly have a slight japanese accent 8O . also it sounds quite japanese when you get a weapon eg: rockets is pronounced: Lroookiit. :?

Snake
25th March 2006, 09:39 AM
does anyone some of the sounds on his computer?
the robotervoice from wipEout 2097(made by an amga 1200) or curly?

Zerow
22nd April 2006, 10:47 PM
My favourite "3, 2, 1, GO!" announcer has to be Curly from Wip3out.

My favourite weapon and "Contender eliminated." announcer is Pure's.

username
25th April 2006, 06:55 PM
a good combination ;)

Dominator
27th April 2006, 04:46 AM
My fav "3, 2, 1, Go!" without a doubt, Curly, wip3out.

Zerow
27th April 2006, 11:04 PM
a good combination ;)

Thanks! :)

Speaking of Curly, oddly enough, has anyone noticed that in Pure, Curly's voice makes a guest appearence at one particular point? If you've downloaded the Omega league, go into a single race (or time trial or free run) on the 123 Klan circuit, and listen carefully just after you exit the final corner and approach the start/finish line. As you fly underneath the sign of that small boy who raises his arm up and down, you actually hear Curly saying "2, 1 . . ."! At least, I do whenever I fly underneath it. Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me?

eLhabib
28th April 2006, 06:01 AM
If you stop under said sign, you will actually hear her say the whole 3, 2, 1, GO! This has been mentioned before in one of the Pure Forum threads, btw.

Zerow
29th April 2006, 11:38 PM
I would've been very suprised if I was the only one who noticed it, considering how instantly recognisable Curly's voice is.

username
30th April 2006, 06:51 PM
i want curlys voice to be in the next of the series

Dawizz
2nd May 2006, 05:36 PM
Curly all the way 2 the bank!!!!!

q_dmc12
11th June 2007, 04:51 PM
:rolleyes:hmmm.... I can't choosehttp://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/images/buttons/reputation.gif

Chill
16th June 2007, 01:41 AM
Curly deserves to be on PS3!!!!!

But it would be enteresting if it was changed just a little, a bit more smooth rather than just a shout over some microphone... Like an echo effect or something. ;)