PDA

View Full Version : Need a Negcon? Look here

wipeoud
16th June 2005, 05:24 PM
http://www.wolfsoft.de/

I found this shop 3 weeks ago in germany, i ordered my negcon and after 1 or 2 weeks i received it in NL :D
New to my suprise, be quick i dont know how may he has left.

btw it is a new way of steering, i get cramp in my hand after playing 2 rounds, i hope that that goes away :lol:

But WO1 is more playable now

btw2 i could pay with paypal so the transaction was done in 2 minutes,

zargz
16th June 2005, 06:00 PM
a bit expensive :?

wipeoud
16th June 2005, 06:20 PM
i tried ebay before it and they went second hand for 40$ !!!

zargz
16th June 2005, 06:29 PM
the one I gave to the winner of the zargzAttack challenge (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1824) cost me 5£ on eBay. 8)
Too bad it was almost as much to send it :?

phoenixx
17th June 2005, 11:06 PM
It's worth every cent - even 40 $.

Hail Seizure
18th June 2005, 12:16 AM
Anyone in or near Huddersfield might want to check out Games 2 U.
They have a brand new boxed NegCon for £1.99. Also a few cheap Airpads and Madkatz hand-held racing wheels.
I got mine from their Halifax shop for the same price.
:D

---

btw it is a new way of steering, i get cramp in my hand after playing 2 rounds, i hope that that goes away :lol:

Are you turning it properly?
I've found that the least painful way to use it is to think of it as a stearing wheel - I use my arms to rotate the whole unit in the direction I want to turn in, while twisting at the same time.
I hope that makes sense lol.

Having said that, I don't use it with any Wipeout game because I find it a little too cumbersome to control pitch with my thumb on the D-pad while steering with my wrists. It just feels a bit uncoordinated and indirect.
I wouldn't be without it in Ridge Racer 4 though.:D

edit by Lance: two immediately sequential posts combined.

Sausehuhn
18th June 2005, 05:48 PM
...hehe, and I can read the page without any problems :radar
30 Euros? Hm... If it is really as good as everybody says it's okay I think. But I would have to test a NeGcon before I would buy one. Most of the time I'm really satisfied with the original PS-Controler.
I'm curious about the PS3 controler - I'm not sure if they are good for playing WipEout - they are so small and - but's that does not matter for the handling - look a little bit like a Boomerang. We'll see if Sony will change that. The most important thing is that there will be a new WipEout...

phoenixx
20th June 2005, 08:53 AM
... Hm... If it is really as good as everybody says it's okay I think. But I would have to test a NeGcon before I would buy one. Most of the time I'm really satisfied with the original PS-Controler...

negcon so much more precisely - it's worlds apart in my opinion. After a short time I improved all my results.
It's so much better than any analog stick.

Lion
20th June 2005, 10:43 AM
I used a neGcon for the first time tonight at skipper's place...
words cannot describe the improvement to the game.
wipeout (especially 2097) was BUILT to be played with a neGcon
the piranha is a totally different ship and the Qirex is a lot more drivable too.

I've been playing the first 3 emulated on my PC, but tonight's experience has convinced me to go buy a PSX and a neggy

phoenixx
20th June 2005, 10:49 AM
welcome to the club, lion. it's a lot more fun now, isn't it? i bought another one at eBay yesterday.