PDA

View Full Version : Nub / D-pad?

yawnstretch
9th June 2005, 12:27 AM
Have always been a d-pad man but started off Pure with PSP's nub.

After much enjoyment I've switched back to good old D - for speed.

Thoughts?

-One more thing: This game just gets better and better > it's definitely got the addiction/rush factor. I live in phantom mode!

aesop
9th June 2005, 01:04 AM
Started with D-Pad and stuck with it. Tried the nub a couple times later, but it felt like i was starting over again. Might try learning it when the games becomes too easy.

Dimension
9th June 2005, 02:48 AM
I use the D-Pad, It's what I used for the PSX WOs before switching to a neggy so it feels more natural, even if the PSP's one's a bit on teh funkeh side :roll:

Lion
9th June 2005, 05:37 AM
originally I found the nub better in certain speed classes. but now I'm definitely firmly planted in dpad.
I need to find the time to open up phantom, rapier no longer feels like my mind can't keep up with the game :P

Hellfire_WZ
9th June 2005, 07:29 AM
D-pad all the way, the nub feels a little unresponsive.

Readymade
23rd June 2005, 03:51 AM
Been reading the FAQs on Gamefaqs and those writers all stand by the nub (together with Single Airbrake). I tried it but the position of my right hand's even more uncomfortable and my thumb keeps slipping off the darn thing.

phoenixx
23rd June 2005, 08:33 AM
I use the nub. Can't imagine phantom with d-pad.

Lion
23rd June 2005, 09:42 AM
eew, single brake... that's just nasty
can't imagine trying to play like that

Boxman
23rd June 2005, 05:35 PM
I got to phantom using th d-pad and recently tried teh nub and it is impossible for me to use.

Snapper
23rd June 2005, 10:59 PM
I got to phantom using th d-pad and recently tried teh nub and it is impossible for me to use.

I feel the same way, I'm shaky with the nub even when I use feisar...
The weird thing is, when I'm playing zones, it is kind of easier for me when I use the nub..

G-Hob
24th June 2005, 04:11 PM
I almsot always use the D-pad, but I use the nub for Zone mode, and also on some tracks where the D-pad just won't do. I was having a lot of trouble beating the Karbonis Time trial on Flash, then I switched to the nub and got a gold medal on my second attempt. Those twisty corners just before the start/finish line are just a lot easier using the nub.

Drakkenmensch
25th June 2005, 05:55 PM
I started off with the D-pad, it never occured to me that the analog nub was an option, and for a while it worked nicely, though by the time I arrived in Flash, something was wrong. I kept hitting walls all over the place. I was out of my league and I couldn't make up for it.

I read that the analog nub was the more accurate choice, so I retrained myself by re-racing all tournaments in all classes, and managed to finish Flash and unlock Rapier.

I couldn't even consider returning to D-pad now, but that's just my own opinion on this.

Go with what WORKS for you - that's the best advice I can give, whether it's analog vs D-pad or single vs dual brakes.

Dogg Thang
25th June 2005, 06:12 PM
Well I don't know if it is more accurate. I can't help feeling the d-pad is better but I trained myself to use the analog in WO3 just because I liked the idea of it so I stuck with analog.

phoenixx
25th June 2005, 06:20 PM
I just can't handle the D-pad at higher speed. wondering that others can.