PDA

View Full Version : help me?

stin
25th March 2002, 06:50 PM
I just got the SE today by luck!. the game looks hard to me!
I need some hints or tips from you? please thanks
SH
PS I got W.O.FUSION as well

infoxicated
25th March 2002, 08:28 PM
I can imagine if you've been playing Fusion for the best part of two months, Wipeout 3's handling will be difficult to master.

Since I spent most of tonight playing 3SE, I can sympathise there!

Best thing to do is take it easy in the Vector or Venom classes first. Also use the up and down buttons on the d-pad, or pull back/push forward on the stick to raise or lower the pitch of your craft. Wipeout 3's handling was a bit more sophisticated than Wipeout Fusion, believe it or not, in that the ship responds quite well to where you point the nose.

For instance, if you're going round a downhil left-hander, such as the spiral in Mega Mall, you'd want to push your nose down as well as turning to the left in order to take the corner more smoothly.

I'm hardly the best at the game, though - perhaps if Al Sartwell drops in then he can elaborate further. :)

Best of luck with it - it is worth sticking at, though - it's a great game.

stin
25th March 2002, 09:54 PM
Thanks I will work at it especiality the way you talk about it and I will handle it! that way!.
SH

Piranha Advancements
26th March 2002, 01:10 AM
And have fun unlocking the ships and getting all the medals.Don't get discouraged if your Auricom ship go Boom! by the third lap,cursing at the Flying Anvil,crying on Hi-Fumii,just try harder!

JABBERJAW
26th March 2002, 02:12 AM
this as well as all the other wipeouts are difficult after playing fusion in that well, they are very different, but if you could ask me specific questions about a certain track I could help out--hopefully

jmoid
26th March 2002, 03:02 PM
hi stindah.
i'd listen to infox's advice about tilting the nose of the ship; try pressing down on the d-pad as you go round corners as well, you'll notice the difference straught away.

stin
26th March 2002, 03:46 PM
Thanks guys I will do that. That sounds a lot of work to concentrate on the corners. Anyway its takes practice!
SH

vh5150
26th March 2002, 09:22 PM
Start with the slower class races. Try the time trials as well.

stin
27th March 2002, 03:51 PM
Start with the slower class races. Try the time trials as well.

thanks I will do that as well thank you!
My laddie keeps beating me on this game and he`s only 6yrs old!!!!! (I let him won anyway. :oops: )

SH

Lance
27th March 2002, 04:27 PM
~
ah, you LET him win. i seeeee. :)
i'm lucky i don't have a child. i would be so badly defeated... sigh.
^

Confusion
27th March 2002, 05:10 PM
Fusion's handling totally destroy's the ability to play Wipeout 3. :(
he handling is crazy!

Does anyone here find the handling of Ships in Wipeout 3 Empty? I mean with Fusion I get the impression I can feel every bit of the ship... with Wipeout 3 I can't feel a thing!

Weird...

vh5150
27th March 2002, 11:30 PM
You talking about playing with a NegCon right? I find that the Dual Shock pads have no feel to them as well. Regardless if the rumble effect is lost, I still think that's the best way to operate a F-3600 to F-7200 ship.

Confusion
28th March 2002, 10:20 AM
I wish they would re-release a new NegCon... one with dual shock and a few more buttons. If they released it to conincide with a new wipeout release too...

Lance
28th March 2002, 03:18 PM
~
why wait? we could use a new negcon with a better button configuration on all current wipeouts and a lot of other games, too. besides, a new wipEout could be a long time coming.
^

stin
28th March 2002, 07:49 PM
~
ah, you LET him win. i seeeee. :)
i'm lucky i don't have a child. i would be so badly defeated... sigh.
^

Have you played WOF yet?

Lance
28th March 2002, 09:40 PM
~
nope, i don't live in PAL land, and i'm not willing to make the cash investment required to buy PAL television, game console, game, and power adapters.
^

vh5150
28th March 2002, 11:31 PM
~
why wait? we could use a new negcon with a better button configuration on all current wipeouts and a lot of other games, too. besides, a new wipEout could be a long time coming.
^

How 'bout we petition Namco to make one. I'm down.

vh5150
28th March 2002, 11:36 PM
~
nope, i don't live in PAL land, and i'm not willing to make the cash investment required to buy PAL television, game console, game, and power adapters.
^

Dude you can play your PAL discs on a modded PS2. Just gotta get the tools.
The only out of pocket cost to you are the games and cd-r's.

Check this if you want http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=216

Lance
29th March 2002, 04:05 AM
~
i don't want to mod, and in any case, there is an NTSC version coming that is reputed to be better than the PAL one.

i can wait for this better solution.
^

turbodawgy
8th July 2002, 08:01 PM
hey stindah! i've been looking for a copy of wip3out se myself. where did you buy yours? do you know any online stores that might have it?

thanks in advance.

-tom

stin
8th July 2002, 08:54 PM
you can buy it in uk or europe in PAL PS1 but if you are in USA!? then can`t get them in there cos you got NTSC not PAL!.

Hopefully someone might help you whoever read this forum.

stin

Is it wipeout or golf? tough question

PS only try to help

turbodawgy
8th July 2002, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the speedy reply stindah. Yes, I live in the US, but I have a modded PS1, so I can play the imports.

-Tom

stin
8th July 2002, 10:19 PM
I`m glad you got the right one and hopefully you will get one soon!

stin

Is it wipeout or golf? tough question

PS when you got it and you will enjopy it :wink:

JABBERJAW
8th July 2002, 10:48 PM
Pal imports play in black and white(with a few bizzarre colors) on ntsc televisions. You will probably need a converter or a tv that could play both. Actually to get the colors right, you will need a pal psx. My modified psx's played the games, but black and white. the converter is needed to make the screen the proper size.

turbodawgy
8th July 2002, 11:16 PM
That's true, but I have an Xplorer FX Pro, and there are codes for Wip3out SE that take care of all that.

Their site is www.xploder.net (previously www.x-plorer.co.uk), and their codes are backwards compatable with gameshark and action replay, as well as having codes unique to the Xplorer / Xploder.

Another way is to copy the game, and patch the file before you burn it. Patches can be found at www.megagames.com or www.psxcopyworld.com

turbodawgy
8th July 2002, 11:21 PM
I forgot to mention this, too:

A lot of the newer tv's can play the games in full color, mine works fine with my PAL Wipeout 3.

Interesting note: I also have the NTSC Wipeout 3, but the PAL version when it is patched is MUCH faster, ie, rapier seems like phantom, and phantom seems like phantom times two! (I didn't know this at the time, I bought the PAL version for the awesome vapor trails that come of the wings... not present in the NTSC version.)

The speed increase has to do with the frequency conversion. It makes the game faster, but the clock is all messed up (example: you are cruising before curly says "Go!")

JABBERJAW
9th July 2002, 12:21 AM
It is sped up 15% for the difference between the two tv's. I noticed this too. It is much harder to get a good time with the patched version

turbodawgy
9th July 2002, 01:48 AM
Yeah, it's great. It's like having a super phantom level... very challenging and fun! That's why my son Joey and I are trying to find a copy of Wip3out SE... we can't wait to play our favorite tracks from WipE'out" and Wipeout XL at high speed (and with analog)!

vh5150
9th July 2002, 11:01 AM
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&query=wipeout&categoryid=&ht=1&category1=1249&maxRecordsPerPage=100&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&submit=Search&BasicSearch=

You can look here for Wipeout 3 Special Edition. That's how I got my copy. Be prepared to pay $30+ when one does pop up.

Do a search for whatever articles I posted here. I have to links you can use to help you or others to try and get a copy.

turbodawgy
9th July 2002, 04:13 PM
Thanks! I'll try that!

stin
13th August 2002, 02:54 PM
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&query=wipeout&categoryid=&ht=1&category1=1249&maxRecordsPerPage=100&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&submit=Search&BasicSearch=

You can look here for Wipeout 3 Special Edition. That's how I got my copy. Be prepared to pay $30+ when one does pop up.

Do a search for whatever articles I posted here. I have to links you can use to help you or others to try and get a copy.

is this site good?

would like to know thanxs

stin

ps hoping to buy from scotland

infoxicated
13th August 2002, 05:16 PM
I thought you'd already bagged a copy, Stin?

I used to find that the EB's in the St Enoch centre and Buchanan Galleries were great for finding obscure stuff in their pre-owned or bargain baskets. Granted I haven't been in either of them in a couple of years now, so I guess that may have changed... that and they're both probably GAME's now.

stin
13th August 2002, 07:32 PM
sorry infox! yes i`ve got a full collection of wipeouts.

l was meaning for ebay in america is it safe for me buy from there because i was really interested at this one material i really want!

stin :wink:

vh5150
27th January 2003, 06:17 AM
That's true, but I have an Xplorer FX Pro, and there are codes for Wip3out SE that take care of all that.

Their site is www.xploder.net (previously www.x-plorer.co.uk), and their codes are backwards compatable with gameshark and action replay, as well as having codes unique to the Xplorer / Xploder.

Another way is to copy the game, and patch the file before you burn it. Patches can be found at www.megagames.com or www.psxcopyworld.com

I do not see anything there for Wipeout 3: SE

turbodawgy
27th January 2003, 06:25 PM
I'll check the site out and get back to you. If I can't find them there, I'll dig up my codes and post them.

-Tom

vh5150
27th January 2003, 07:46 PM
GREAT!!