PDA

View Full Version : Emulation query (ePSXe)

BrutalAl
19th May 2005, 02:31 PM
On what framerate (fps) is a pal psx game supposed to run. the only WO2097 copy i could get hold of was a PAL psx one and it runs in 50fps, all good?

Also, I'm having major problems getting the music to work (not sfx). Music do play when im racing but its extremly low so even with max music and lowest sfx volumes its not possible to have the master volume high enough to hear the music without going deaf from the sfx. Is anyone successfully emulating this game on the ePSXe without glitches? If so, what plugins/settings should use to get it to work for me as well.

Space Cowboy
19th May 2005, 02:35 PM
They are supposes to run at about 30fps, you'll notice that when you up the framerate the FMV and race times are all skewy because its running too fast. as for the music, im not sure it can depend on what drive you have and what plugin you are using.
If I were you i'd check out the compatability forums on the epsxe website. :)

Welcome to the forums btw :)

BrutalAl
19th May 2005, 03:14 PM
thx for the welcome.

30fps cant be. That's extremly slow, every second on the timer (in 30fps) is without doubt more than a real second (dont have a stop watch). 50fps seems to be ok, it's just that NTSC games run in 60fps so I wanted to double check to see if 50fps was all good or not.

Ive tried diffrent plugins but this is as good as i can get it. Any wipeout without music is somewhat lame and was hoping someone had already gone through the trouble of finding working settings.

Gonaka
19th May 2005, 04:13 PM
a got a list of lugins the length of my arm but i never got the music workin in any wipeouts, tho it worked on tekken3 tho it was very choppy!

what i do is play winamp while playin wipeout on epsxe that way i have music from every wipeout game playing, and becuase ive got 2 monitors, i just have winamp on one and playstation on the other. easy music. with an xbox like functionality! ^_^

BrutalAl
19th May 2005, 04:25 PM
I guess i could do that as well (use the other monitor for playing the music, however that would not solve the problem, just work around it and i still would not be perfectly saticfied :cry:

To my knowledge this music problem is a wipeout problem only, every other psx game ive emulated so far works perfecly fine (at least the music).

EDIT: Wonderfull, i just found a plug-in that solves the problem :). It's called CDRMooby if you're interested.

LukStarkiller
19th May 2005, 10:23 PM
The FPS are only the images generated by the game per second, you talk about the Hz(frecuency) the times that the screen is written or the electrical frecuency. USA and Japan have 60Hz as a standard and here in Europe are 50Hz ( like on the TV that here has more lines of resolution on top and botom of the screen ( as default)), these are tecnical diferences, but the FPS, frames per second means teh times that the computer or the PSX can send a image to the screen, mainly on games the recomended FPs are 60 but on many games has another number, and if you has a good graphical card you have higher FPs on a game that if you have a bad graphical card.
The 3D Wipeout2097 engine only can work at a max of 30FPS, the same in USA and Japan as in Europe, this is a limitation of the game engine.
By the way, the audio problem try putting the patch that is on the forums for the game, if you have it now, sorry it could be some tipe of problem with your sound card
That's all XD

BrutalAl
20th May 2005, 12:42 AM
Im emulating the game on a PSX emu, im guessing the patch is for the PC version and thus would not help me? The problem was however solved thanks to that plugin I mentioned earlier.

Im calling it FPS becaus the emulator it self is calling it FPS. If I increas that number i do indeed get more frames shown per secound (however the game speeds up with them), same goes for lower values (less frames, slower game).

adam917
20th July 2005, 09:00 PM
On what framerate (fps) is a pal psx game supposed to run. the only WO2097 copy i could get hold of was a PAL psx one and it runs in 50fps, all good?

Also, I'm having major problems getting the music to work (not sfx). Music do play when im racing but its extremly low so even with max music and lowest sfx volumes its not possible to have the master volume high enough to hear the music without going deaf from the sfx. Is anyone successfully emulating this game on the ePSXe without glitches? If so, what plugins/settings should use to get it to work for me as well.PAL: Either 25 or 50 fps, depending on content. (I say depends, because in video, NTSC has 30 frames per second and PAL has 25, but both have double the FIELDS per second) Try both & see how it works for you. If you try 60 fps on PAL game made for 50 fps, just hope it has an accurate timer & you know how long a second should be, so u can figure out what to do (lower or increase the framerate). (usually, you'd be lowering the framerate if it's too high)