PDA

View Full Version : GAMMA 'pack 1' download (and tracks within the league)

Purist
22nd April 2005, 07:12 PM
After the initial glee at the new track (and accompanying league), ship, and skin available to the Japanese version (so far) it appears everyone seems has forgotten about the other three tracks in the 'GAMMA' league???

Erostra Run
Ubermall
Sebenco Peak

GAMMA SCREEN (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/kevs355/gamma.jpg)I hope these are the correct names (the text ia a little small :cry: )

What are people's hopes/wishes/thoughts with regards to these future downloadable tracks?

Dogg Thang
22nd April 2005, 07:21 PM
Ah the relevance of the ad for Sebenco Peak hotel becomes clear! So I had seen another clue! And, actually, now that I think about it I've seen a sign for Ubermall too. Erostra Run is completely new to me though.

I didn't know we knew the names of the other tracks. When did I miss that? I can't see the names in the image you posted.

I'm hoping for a total ice/snow/blizzard setting for Sebenco Peak! If Sebenco Climb is the way up, it would make sense to have the Peak totally snow covered. Maybe, just maybe, we'll be able to see the underside of Sol2 there too.

For Ubermall I'm hoping we go blind with the colour. A MegaMall type but with Vineta K's vibrant colours.

Purist
22nd April 2005, 07:33 PM
Dogg Thang... sorry, wrong pic :oops: anyway, have changed it to the correct one and the clarity is MUCH better :D

Here it is again GAMMA SCREEN (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/kevs355/gamma.jpg)

Dogg Thang
22nd April 2005, 07:36 PM
Ah, very cool. Nice find!

def
22nd April 2005, 07:49 PM
hehe...*cough*read (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2019&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=exostra%20run%20sebenco%20peak%20ubermal l%20staten%20park&start=95). (i didnt forget):wink: i cant wait to see what sebenco peak is like. might be crazy to have a track at the very top of a mountain. i wonder if they are going to release them in that order. i cant wait to race them whatever they are! haha.

Dogg Thang
22nd April 2005, 08:16 PM
Thanks def, looking at that I even replied to it. Wow, my memory is really awful...

That Ubermall sign is right at the start of Chengou by the way. A big blue sign on the left as you start that says 'CONSUME'.

Purist
22nd April 2005, 10:29 PM
:idea: maybe a fifth ZONE track with a 35 lap gold target? :wink:

Purist
23rd April 2005, 11:42 AM
CHRIST!!! 8O just been up til 3am (I do have a life honest!) trying to crack the Staten Park time trial on VECTOR!!! - EVERY single boost is needed, sharp cornering skills, a lotta patience and a little luck... came in with a point tenth of second left.

and to think, I considered myself quite good! - don't even wanna THINK bout Phantom

YEAAAAAAAAAAAA :D if the other tracks are this hard... bring em' on

Dogg Thang
23rd April 2005, 04:31 PM
Gah, Purist, you're making me really want the new track! What do I have to do - buy the japanese version also?! Man, I really hope they release it soon for the US version. That or some wiley coder finds a way of making the japanese release work on US Pure (heh, I probably shouldn't be suggesting such subversive activities, should I?).

Actually, has there been any word on the intended order of release? Will we get all of Gamma league before we get any new classic tracks or will they split them up? I'm just thinking Gamma league might feel a little disjointed if we end up waiting months and months for the final track.

So looking forward to Sebenco Peak!

Mobius
23rd April 2005, 04:59 PM
The us and euro releases will proably be at the same time - so about Mid june/Early july

Dogg Thang
23rd April 2005, 05:06 PM
If the PSP gets a release in Europe by July I'll be stunned.

Unless you mean 2006...

def
23rd April 2005, 07:23 PM
i have another treat for you guys. here (http://defaulted.ath.cx/saku.mp4) you will find a couple minute long mp4 video recorded by some faithful japanese wipEr of a kids show featuring wipeout pure. the show is your typical puppet/person show only in japanese. but heres where the neat stuff starts. they are demo'ing some tracks, the first one they show is vineta THEN they move on to some unknown track customized with all the billboards made for the female host. the track definately doesent look like ubermall and is certianly not sebenco peak so my best guess is exostra run well. enjoy!

( you would think this stuff would be under tight wraps, then they go spreading it all over puppet shows, im confused )

new unknown track video - HERE (http://defaulted.ath.cx/saku.mp4) (8.58mb)
edit: please dont use download managers to dl this file. its hosted on my home server.

Dogg Thang
23rd April 2005, 08:06 PM
Nice find! I'd say your guess on which track it is must be right. It couldn't really be any other. Hard to judge the tracks because of the cuts in the footage but it certainly looks interesting. A little like an airport or something.

Purist
23rd April 2005, 08:10 PM
Dogg Thang, get the JAP version dood, you won't regret it and as a bonus you feel a level of superiority over all the peeps that only have one copy! and have to wait! - the manual and inlay alone are worth the price of entry :D

Whilst were on the subject of JAP downloadable content, if there's anyone important out there, when MIGHT 'GAMMA 2' pack be available? 7th of the month again?

def
23rd April 2005, 08:33 PM
well, according to this (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2019&postorder=asc&start=57) translation i did a while back of the japanese site it _should_ be every month around the 7th. but who knows how dependable they are? if there are enough people who care i will set up a little script that checks the downloadables site for updates and have it dispatch emails on arrival.

Purist
23rd April 2005, 09:40 PM
YES PLLLLEASE! :D that would KICK ASS!!!

Mobius
23rd April 2005, 10:26 PM
http://www.playfrance.com/psp/galeries/zoom/,74957284-0876-36-02

What's the chance that is Ubermall?

def
23rd April 2005, 10:45 PM
mobius: none. that is corner ten of thirteen on sinucit.

purist: ill start on the email notify script, might not get it done this weekend so it will probably have to wait till the next.

Egg
24th April 2005, 01:26 PM
the track definately doesent look like ubermall and is certianly not sebenco peak so my best guess is exostra run well. enjoy!

I think you can see the name of the track just after the start of the race ... look carefully

Def, where did you find this?! We prepared the custom billboards, of course, but I never thought I'd get to see a clip of it in action.

I love the squeaks of delight when the presenter notices her face in the game :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dogg Thang
24th April 2005, 01:58 PM
Hmmm, that writing (if its what I'm thinking it is) doesn't seem to say any of those Gamma track names. It's hard to make out - I actually thought that maybe it was part of the presenter's name or something. It looks like - Koitiwa or something like that. Now I'm confused. Is this a Gamma league track at all?

Dimension
24th April 2005, 01:59 PM
heheh, cool, nice one Def :D Is it Roltiwz? Roltiwa? Raltiwa even? 8O

Sausehuhn
24th April 2005, 02:17 PM
I would say it's Roltiwa :)

def
24th April 2005, 07:33 PM
hmm, very very interesting... ^_^
to me this doesent exactly look like one of those "minimalistic affairs" and all the gamma league tracks scratched off the list we sure have some stuff to look forward to. to me that text at the end of the first straight looks like it says 'Koltiwa'. thanks for pointing us in the right direction egg, haha. it surfaced fairly randomly on a japanese spam board ( posted by some anon. user ). SL impresses me more and more every day, great work guys.

Dogg Thang
24th April 2005, 08:11 PM
Well I suppose it could be considered minimalist in that there really only seems to be billboard covered walls in terms of scenery. I had pictured more abstract tracks (like the classic tracks) but this could be what they meant.

Rapier Racer
26th April 2005, 11:12 AM
Does this mean we can put anything on those boards?

Mobius
26th April 2005, 03:45 PM
In theory, yeah

It was in the edge magazine that is would be possible to via the Pure website.

tapioca
26th April 2005, 10:41 PM
If anything is possible, could be funny to replace some of the adverts with landscape visuals. This would look like big windows, then make these levels less abstract (although i'm satisfied with its appearence from the japanese video).

Be careful, some of your holiday photos might not work well in Wipeout…

Rapier Racer
27th April 2005, 08:04 AM
This might not be such good feature, sticking any old photo on them I feel would spoil the look/feel. What about copyrights? Would there be any problems if I say put the old Assegai logo on the boards?

Lance
28th April 2005, 04:28 PM
note: at this point, the discussion went completely off-topic and stayed that way, so i have moved that part to a new topic called: ''adverts on billboards in Pure or other games. good? bad?''

please contine to discuss the Gamma download here in this one, though. :)

Purist
28th April 2005, 06:23 PM
Phew! thanks Lance... anyways, is it a solid that 'GAMMA 2' will be downloadable from the 7th May?

Dogg Thang
28th April 2005, 06:53 PM
I was just having a look at the track list to see which one would be in Gamma 2. Well, does it strike anyone else as odd that Staten Park seems to be the third course in the Gamma league and was available first? It certainly gives us nothing to go on in terms of which one will be next although I'm hoping for Sebenco Peak.

eLhabib
28th April 2005, 06:58 PM
my nonexistent female intuition tells me it shall be ubermall :)