PDA

View Full Version : Soundtrack problems

Sausehuhn
9th April 2005, 03:07 PM
I've problems to get the soundtrack from the CD. I can't extract it.
It's in a special format and I don't know how to convert it.
Does anybody know how to do that?

I'm sure there is a answer for this question in the forums or in the old ones, but I haven't found it.
It would be awesome if someone could help me!

Dimension
9th April 2005, 07:55 PM
Try download.com (http://www.download.com) there are plenty of proggys capable of what you're after, the actual files you'll find through my computer or whatnot are not MP3s, one of the programs you should find on there (search for ripping or rip music) I can't help you with what one to use since I rip all of my files with my choice wave editor, Sound Forge (currently on version 8, costs $399) but any free or trial (trialware?) one should work fine :)

*edit* in fact just look on the front page under the header audio and video, there's a ripper section there :D

Sausehuhn
10th April 2005, 04:59 PM
Thanks,
but I didn't find what I was searching for.
The files on the CD are SWP files.
Does anybody know where I can get an extractor from? I think I read a few month ago that some people here had find a converter.
I would be very happy if someone could give me a link or a name I could search for.

lunar
10th April 2005, 05:03 PM
I did it easily and simply using either windows media player or CDEX, I can`t remember which, though they are the only extraction tools I have. CDEX is easy enough to get as a free download. Hope that works. :D

Sausehuhn
10th April 2005, 05:53 PM
Thanks man, CDex worked well :D
It converted without any problems the files to MP3 :)