PDA

View Full Version : media request

rejj
29th March 2005, 09:17 AM
I have a simple question - does anyone know of any (video) media on any of the review/whatever sites that shows Sagarmatha in Pure? I know I'm in the minority here, but that was one of my favourite tracks, and I was happy to hear that it got included. I'd like to see it in action, if there are any vids around...

Or does anyone with the game possess the technology (digicam, I guess) to produce their own vid of a lap around sagarmatha? :)

def
29th March 2005, 09:28 AM
I have the game and the track, PM me tomorrow and i will try to record one.

def
30th March 2005, 03:00 AM
i recorded a little vid of sagarmatha on rapier class ( 17mb ) if anyone would like a copy just pm me and ill work out a file transfer ( i apologize for the poor piloting in advance, i had to maneuver the camera and the ship ~_~ ). later.

gbit
30th March 2005, 03:49 AM
I must point out that the Sagarmatha in pure only very generally has resemblance to the Sagarmatha in w'o" 2097. The vast changes in the slope of the track are gone, and the 90' curve/bend that transitions the first uphill climb to the long (and rather fast) downhill section is also gone (which is sad, since it was my favorite part of the track).

However you can still recognise some areas. The changes are for the better, as I doubt the original Sagarmatha would be well suited to the physics and handling of pure.

Thruster2097
30th March 2005, 06:15 AM
same rant for karbonis, it only holds a very general resembelance to the mighty w1 track. the back half of the course with the massive chicanes, or moguls depending on howfast you go over them, has completley disappeared.

a once awesome track now just below average.

surely there must be another compromise to make? i understand that the tracks have lost the tight corners because we are now pelting round them at insane speeds, but surely thats just all part of the challenge.