PDA

View Full Version : stick2trax dex + SE !!

zargz
25th March 2005, 01:48 PM
okay, here it goes! Officially opened -> the stick2trax dex + SE (http://www9.brinkster.com/zargz/timez/default.asp) Challenge! 8)
for all owners of a dexDrive and wo3SE.
check the Rules on the minisite (http://www9.brinkster.com/zargz/timez/default.asp)!!

for the moment avalible ships > Goteki45 and Feisar
let's see who'll get most points till the end on next week!
A winner will be declared then for this Goteki45 mini-challenge!
then I'll add Auricom and Piranha! :D

Deadline for the Goteki challenge is set to sunday 3rd of april 18.00 hrs CET!!!

Let's FLY!!!

Praeterea censeo autopilotum esse delendam

G'Kyl
25th March 2005, 02:35 PM
Zargz, your site appears to be down, could that be true? *frowns* Or is it just me having internet problems - not being able to load the wallpapers from the other thread and all...

Dimension
25th March 2005, 02:37 PM
Nope, his site's down :lol:

lunar
25th March 2005, 02:47 PM
the site seems up to me. 8)

stin
25th March 2005, 03:41 PM
G`kyl site is down???!!! :twisted:

Hey zargz when is the deadline till Ben comes back on?

stevie :roll:

Dimension
25th March 2005, 05:53 PM
Hyd-fud-whid-nn... it's working now :oops: By the way, I might not be competing for a few days since I seem to have completely done my eyes in, i'm struggling to even look at the screen when typing this and i can't play more than few minutes of wipEout so yeah, maybe i'll join in after a few days of rest for my eyes 8)

lunar
25th March 2005, 06:06 PM
I had that problem once after too much zone mode. it felt like someone was pushing red hot needles into my eyes whenever I tried to play. I suppose actually having needles shoved in your eyes would probably be much worse, but you get the picture.

I`ll have a go at some of the trax. 8) I think our sensitive eyes will be quite safe with a Goteki. :wink:

zargz
26th March 2005, 01:44 AM
zargz, your site appears to be down, could that be true? *frowns*well .. it's false unless brinkster.com was doing some upgrade or similar :)
about the deadline I think next sat or sun around 18.00-20.00 CET would be fine?
Welcome to this challenge the two new contenders > lunar and Dimension!
with both of you now we are Five wipErs fighting it out! 8O WOW!
we might have as much fun as they have in France at the moment! http://www.geocities.com/zargz/leenden/phm.gif ..
but for Longer time!! :D
I'll get back to you damorra about the deadline > it's a bit hard thinking coherent at 2.40am! ;)

Dimension
26th March 2005, 12:12 PM
Alright I had a quick play, couldn't be arsed really after I set the fastest at MM though, the other two were set on my second goes around *shrugs* you guys were too fast for me :( [slow speed classes rant]bleeah, i don't like Venom class, it makes me uncomfortable on straights, I feel as if i could go read a book in the time it takes[/slow speed classes rant] :roll:

*edit* oh and zargz, how and why are there pirhana and auricom times on there? I thought this was for goteki and feisar only? :?

zargz
26th March 2005, 03:54 PM
ahh! those times are .. 'leftovers' from my First stick2trax some years ago >
> it's cool try to beat them with a Goteki and as I said before Auricom and Piranha will be added end of next week anyway ;)

Deadline for the Goteki challenge is set to sunday 3rd of april 18.00 hrs CET!!!
oh and I'll take care fo ur MM time http://www.geocities.com/zargz/leenden/huh.gif *I'm I saying to much again!?* as I just did with G'Kyls terminal time! 8)

point by point ben I'ma getya! :twisted:

Dimension
26th March 2005, 04:12 PM
Can't you remove them from there? They affect the scoring, especially since a few of them are pretty good times :?

*edit* A few questions:

A: When are/are you planning on adding Rapier?

B: Will you be sure to leave the Assegai out of it since it completely overshadows the pirhana:
Thrust: P=2, A=3, Assegai wins
speed: P=3, A=3, draw
shield: P=2, A=2, draw
handling: P=4, A=5, Assegai wins

You see my point? :?

C: why aren't all of the tracks on there? Any real reason :?:

Dimension
27th March 2005, 10:43 AM
Alright then pavel, think you're clever one upping my 2:05 at mega mall, you'd best go faster cuz i've just recorded an illegally fast time, check this: 2:00.12 in a gotekias! :D That's over 4 seconds faster than yours so i'ma not upload it yet ;) *does a little dance* By the way, it's still possible to beat that since my second lap wasn't a perfect one, my third lap was a 39.44 though :) Now for the other tracks!

*edit* oh right, I didn't see the chat thing on your site until now, i'll not post any more crap like this on here :oops:

zargz
27th March 2005, 11:39 AM
8O 2.00.12!!! you kidding!!! took me a good 30min to beat that 2.05.xx you did!! MAN!

zargz
28th March 2005, 10:42 PM
benjy-bwoy I'm in your exhaust pipes! ;)
though stin is doing ALL he can to get me of the racing line (including pushing my elbow while I try'n beat his time :evil:)!
:D heh! you won't belive what a Great time we are having > tomorrow I'll try post some pics ! ;)

G'Kyl
29th March 2005, 11:34 AM
Damn it guys, take it easy on the challenge, willya?! ;-) Do I really have to add a Mega Mall time in order to stay on top of the table? *G*

Seriously, though, I have SO little time these days as I move next Sunday and won't have a PSX where I'll be living at first. I'll try all I can, though, to not forget about S2T, I promise.

Ben

Dimension
29th March 2005, 01:35 PM
Hmm, I might have a try at doing some more of this challenge tomorrow, just taking a while out at the moment to rest my poor eyes.

Heh, a funny thin on the eyes subject, I found my old pair of glasses, really cool seeing as both of the arms have fallen off (I sellotaped one back on) and i had to put a replacement screw in one of sides to keep the left lens in lol, probably the most run down pair of glasses you'll ever see :lol:

zargz
29th March 2005, 09:58 PM
Damn! G'Kyl strikes back!! 30 points and the lead!!! 8O
*gotta work harder* :x

G'Kyl
30th March 2005, 05:22 AM
Well, that's one point down for each of us as soon as Dimension adds his 2:00.x record. :) Whereas I didn't have the perfect run at MegaMall yet... *g*

Dimension
30th March 2005, 01:55 PM
Alright, I added my time but it looks like Ben still has 6 points over you zargz, I was doing some laps on sagarmatha in Phantom but I think i'm gonna start on trying this challenge now :) At the current rate of knots I can't see it doing much good though :(

Oh and here's a question, seeing as you're at stin's now, does the CET thing still apply or are we talking GMT now? :P

*edit* so i upped a few of my times, mega Mall included: 1:59.36 :)

zargz
30th March 2005, 11:37 PM
Ouch! I think I'll leave MM till next week = i give up on it! 8O for now! >> awsome time, ali!!!
6 points yeh you are right! i been trying hard at SI but only managed to better it by .04 sec!!!
Couldnt get better at Altima either! Looks like ben's gonna get away with it .. :(
and yes it's still CET! the UK changed their time some days ago > did the 'Continent' change as well??!
if not we got the same time atm! 8)

>> changed my avatar due to this challenge and to not blend my posts with Dimensions (visually!) ;)

Hmmpff! Just noticed it's 7 points! > no time in the day so you race in the middle of the night huh, ben? :P

stin
31st March 2005, 10:36 PM
I`m just getting there bit by bit! but it is not finished yet ;) (fingers crossed)

stevie :D

Dimension
1st April 2005, 12:11 AM
aww maaan, damnit stevie, you've dislodged my Altima time! :cry: Oh well, guess there's always elsehwere that I could pull back a point... Hmm :twisted:

zargz
1st April 2005, 12:24 AM
stin very concentrated while me, cool Lover and a friend drank some ice tea, baileys and sang karaoke! 8O
seems to be the only one that can tuch G'Kyl atm :|
I almost give up now .. :(
:x but may be not yet!!

Dimension
1st April 2005, 12:55 AM
lolol, i think this might be a first... I updated my goteki race time at Mega Mall and it's faster than your icaras time zargz, putting it third, behind only sartwell and senand, how's about that for an achievement of the stick2trax contest? :D

zargz
1st April 2005, 01:07 AM
8O 8O 8O 8O !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you gotta be kidding me!!!!

well that's what the stick2trax G45 challenge is all about > beating the auricom nad piranha times with a G45 but .. ICARAS!!!
WOW !!! that is indeed an Achievement!
Great job Alistair !! One word for that > Priceless!
:clap :clap :clap << stin, gkyl and me ;)

Dimension
1st April 2005, 01:28 AM
Heh, I dunno, maybe one of G'kyl's or possibly stin's arridos time could be up there? Hmm :)

G'Kyl
1st April 2005, 04:56 AM
Pavel is right, beating at least some of the bonus or hyper-fast crafts with a...shall we say... amazingly slow vehicle is much more fun than beating an Icaras with another Icaras.

Well, seems like I won't be able to keep my position in the tables for much longer. I have virtually no time left to play before I move and I am not going to take my PSX to my new place immediatly. I would have to update Terminal, but I don't yet see this happening. Or maybe...? ;)

Ben

Task
1st April 2005, 07:27 AM
Fantastic results with Goteki on MegaMall there Dim!

I downloaded your ghost and raced it (wow, was that ever great to be able to do!) and I was ahead of you till the second turn (I use a lot of thrust off the start line) where you hit the speed pad and I didn't and I saw you FLY over that first jump (more like the track drops 5 feet than jumps, but whatever) and take the curve and FLY over the next jump (another damn fall) across the ramp and onto the spiral. You were gone by then. Awe-inspiring.

So, tell me, what are you doing on those jumps? MegaMall has always been one of my better tracks (I used to hold most of the Golds on the NTSC TT tables, now I'm 2nd to Al, not a bad place to be) and I've never _quite_ figured out how to take those parts of the track where the track just stops and carries on several feet lower farther on.

So the first jump, I have to nose down while I go over the boost pad and the edge so that I don't top out on the ceiling. Same for you?

Then the drop onto the ramp that leads to the downward spiral... The best way I've found to do this is to go off the RHS and nose up while turning a bit left and that seems to give me the softest landing. But what I saw your craft DO there... what are you doing on that jump?!? 8 O

Congrats man, well done. If you can take an Icaras on the same flight path I think you can take all the golds on the WOZ for MegaMall. 8 )

G'Kyl
1st April 2005, 08:20 AM
I'm way behind Dim's MM skills, but I think the trick is to hit the thrust at the very moment you are about to leave the ramp. Then, in order to keep going without getting grounded after the next jump what I do is try and use the jumpy behaviour of the craft after the first jump to get up in the air a bit, then keep pulling back and doing the thrust-accelerator thing at the ramp again. If Dim has another way of doing things I could at least wonder why I didn't get to go faster. ;)

Ben

stin
1st April 2005, 08:32 AM
At least he is good at MM and nothing else :wink:

stevie :D

Dimension
1st April 2005, 08:25 PM
heh, yeah you're right stevie, I am good nowhere else :P

Basically I always hit the pad before the first drop off and pull back as I launch since for some reason in SE the goteki can launch under the wierd roof thing that catches you on 3 even when you pitch up a little, coming into the next corner, i already have started pointing my nose into the air and you boost on the pads and over the edge, never letting off the pitch, if you keep the nose up, with a bit of practise you should be able to keep it from bottoming out and carrying some massive speed into the spiral, thankfully the goteki's turning is just right for the spiral and it doesn't take much airbraking to sort yourself out for it. Go ahead then, all of you go and beat my time, you know you can :)

zargz
3rd April 2005, 01:00 AM
okay! tomorrow before 18.00 CET, I'll be giving it another last try for the top G45 spot!
cya there! 8)
now 3am soon > need sleep! 8O

G'Kyl
3rd April 2005, 11:12 AM
OK, even though I'm going to leave today I managed to rip one hour of Wipeout off my tight schedule and at least bettered my Terminal record. Now it's hoping Stin won't be able to improve on some of HIS weaker positions until tonight. ;)

Ben

P.S.: Ghosts for Terminal and MegaMall to be posted in one or two hours.

stin
3rd April 2005, 12:25 PM
Weaker!!!!! cheeky git!!! wait I`ll tell you this Boy!!! I will prevail!!!(clutching my straws!!)

stevie :twisted:

G'Kyl
3rd April 2005, 12:53 PM
Hehe, got me all wrong though. :) I was just referring to the records that didn't bring you into either of the top two positions.

Ben

zargz
3rd April 2005, 03:42 PM
8O 1hr left! just managed to get 1 point back from stin > 2 points between us!! will have to go for 2nd :| ..

zargz
3rd April 2005, 05:14 PM
well! *throws away the paper with the Victory speach* we got a winner of the Goteki45 challenge!

:!: :!: :!: > G'KYL < :!: :!: :!:

Final standings
-- -----------------
1. GKyl 30
2. zargz 24
3. stevie 22
4. Dim 12
5. vincoof 12
6. Task 3

Congrats, Ben!
Very well organised and even in a middle of the move-thing didn't leave anything to chance! Well done! http://www.geocities.com/zargz/leenden/ok.gif

*looks at why the Heck did I wake up this late(played about 2hrs today & nothing yesterday and the day before) speach/excuse*
*throws it away*

I just added the Auricom and Piranha to the Post times (http://www9.brinkster.com/zargz/timez/input.asp) and Rules (http://www9.brinkster.com/zargz/timez/rules.asp) pages! 8)

* Edit > took me about 7 tries to beat G'Kyls goteki time on terminal with an auricom!
shows you how good time he acomplished there! :D

zargz
5th April 2005, 03:26 PM
Some Changes!!!

Before we go on I been thinking seven trax are a bit too much - we are all busy with Other stuff than wo right? we'll most of us :D
and thinking futher down the line (way further) when adding rapier 7trax' x 2classes =14 trax 8O !!! nah
I'll take away Altima and Arridos > much due to the fact they are the only two here where shortcuting is Obviously possible!
will change also the top points to be from 6 and down so even nr 6 gets 1 point and also in order to get more points 8)
will do that ^ tonite.
Don't have a deadline for this 2nd part of the challenge yet but at least 4weeks imo is a good span!
and this time I won't be sleeping till the last day! :P
will be back with a deadline soon but do post times for the auricom and piranha ships!

* Edit > Done! 8)

Dimension
5th April 2005, 08:43 PM
I dunno when i'll be able to compete, maybe in a week, maybe after that *shrugs* I dunno, i'll get some done in a while though :roll:

zargz
12th April 2005, 11:56 PM
minor changes to the Changes above! :D
I took back the Piranha, leaving Auricom as The new ship >>

------------------------------------------------------
Let this challenge be known as the stick2trax Auricom (http://www9.brinkster.com/zargz/timez/default.asp) mini-challenge! 8)
Beginig this friday? .. naah!!
Today, *looking at the clock* Wednesday !!!!
meaning when you read this it's already ON !!! :robot
Closing date will be announced later - prob'ly mid of next month!

Avalible
class --> Venom
trax --> Sagarmatha, Mega Mall, Sampa Run, Terminal & Stanza Inter
ships --> Feisar, Goteki45 & Auricom
complete Rules (http://www9.brinkster.com/zargz/timez/rules.asp)!

Let's >>FLY!!!<< :mrgreen:
------------------------------------------------------

Dimension
13th April 2005, 03:15 AM
Only Boricom? Aww maaan :(

zargz
13th April 2005, 10:28 AM
:D heh! the fish ><^> be there Next step! Patience, young padwan http://www.geocities.com/zargz/leenden/sef.gif
didnt beat your MM time yet :evil:
my ghosts (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/user_files.php?user_id=46) are up now!

Dimension
13th April 2005, 12:29 PM
That puts rapier even further away if the pee-rana's still some distance away :cry:

zargz
13th April 2005, 03:08 PM
yeh :|
i still didn't sit down to figure out the code for that ..
so it might be a subconscious way for me to postpone that work 8O !! .. :oops:
but don't be sad good thing are waiting ahead first piranha then rapier
(possibly assegai but not sure yet have to find out some statistics about the ships)
and about then we'll hopefully have the psp here in europe And hopefully have the cash to buy it + pure 'fcource!
so .. smile! :mrgreen: and .. >>FLY!!!<<

dunno if tonite but latest damorra i'll have crushed your MM time with at least .04 sec! :D

Dimension
13th April 2005, 03:19 PM
Go for it, even then I still have 1 top end speed stat in my favour :wink:

zargz
17th April 2005, 09:33 AM
:evil: AAARGGHH!! wtf did you do with that goteki45!??
I demand some official investigation - you must have tweeched with some illegal components! :P
to beat that MM time I gotta beat my best time done with an ICARAS!!!!!!!! 8O
:guns I'll gechya!
tonite I'll post a deadline for the Auricom challenge! 8)

Dimension
18th April 2005, 07:15 AM
LMAO, I see my MM time is the only thing keeping you from full points Zargz, heheh, I think i'll have a blast when my recently paid for neggy gets here *does'nt know how long that'll be* :oops:

zargz
19th April 2005, 12:16 AM
:x Arrghh! yet another neGer to fence off ! :P
you know sitn, gkyl and I think task (not sure) use the neG right? ;)

------------------------------
Deadline for the Auricom Challenge is Sunday 8th'f May !!!
------------------------------
This time I won't be sleeping till the last day! :evil:

Lance
19th April 2005, 01:00 AM
i know Jay has one, and that's what it says he uses in the records tables

zargz
19th April 2005, 01:11 AM
:) heh! thanks, Lance!
didn't think about checking there :? ..

Lance
19th April 2005, 01:21 AM
IIRC, he once posted that he only used it for Time Trial because of the difficulty of controlling the weapons in SR mode. he may have got weapons skills with the neG now, but you're just racing TT anyway, si?

Task
19th April 2005, 07:22 AM
i know Jay has one, and that's what it says he uses in the records tables

Oooh, my ears were burning for a reason! 8 D

I do _have_ a neggie, but I don't really use it.
The incredible lack of ergonomic design defeated me. 8 (
It is most certainly a fantastic controller, but my hands cramp up if I use it for more than 5 or 10 minutes. Not a good feature, I assue you. So I'm still flying with the trusty old D-Pad, just as it says on my name in the tables. 8 )

zargz
19th April 2005, 08:58 AM
:( I too was defeated by the neG .. but still didnt give up after about 5 tries > now I got the Black neG - smaller!!

.. but you're just racing TT anyway, si? si, seƱor! :cowboy

Lance
19th April 2005, 12:12 PM
hm... the table i saw that in said neGcon, but it was probably the XL table, not 3se

----------

i still haven't figured out why people who have bigger hands than i do seem to prefer smaller controllers than i do, finding them more comfortable

zargz
19th April 2005, 03:58 PM
:twisted: finally under 2min at sampa! primary objective (on sampa) - accomplished!
now to stanza (my house! [ home track ] ) objective, to begin with, > a low 1.39! 8)

G'Kyl
19th April 2005, 06:02 PM
May 8, huh? I move at May 1 - might as well take my PS with me. :) Hopefully I'll be able to do some good records within one stressful week....

Ben

rejj
20th April 2005, 12:40 PM
While I'd have to say that my "home track" would be a Classic League one - Sagarmatha - I've always also had a soft spot for Stanza. Even if everyone else (except zargz) hates it.

So I won't be uploading any ghosts (no dexdrive, no special thingo for copying from ps2 to psp) I think I'll have to see if I can keep you honest with a few hot laps or so.. ;)

zargz
23rd April 2005, 03:33 PM
have to admit found it pretty hard to improve my time on stanza :?
begining to like more and more terminal and sagarmatha!!
if I was you I'd buy a dexdrive they are cheap on eBay and great fun > pure seems great, don't get me wrong
but a controller in your hands and a tv infront of you is not that bad at all! 8)

Okay! working my way through the trax' - atm I'm pretty happy about my times on Sampa and Terminal
Stanza :x .. or Sagarmatha will be next.
MM i leave for last .. :evil:

*Edit: rejj, this is a link lunar posted in another topic > http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=15&products_id=3115&
afaik lik-sang is situated somewhere in Asia so > it's colse to you! ;)

zargz
25th May 2005, 10:21 AM
due to requests from G'Kyl and stin I'm moving the Auricom challenge deadline to the end of NEXT month!

New DeadLine is set to >> end of June!! 8)

hopefully we'll have less to do then ..
which doesn't mean I wont be improving my times all the time :twisted:
I didn't race for about 3weeks though ..

Dim !!! what have you done man??!!
you just wont let go of that MM 1st place huh?
Aaarrgghh!! :evil: