PDA

View Full Version : PSP dead pixel issue

Space Cowboy
24th March 2005, 11:54 AM
I've just been over at the sony boards for the psp, and there seems to be an alarming amount of people that claim to have multiple dead pixels on their psp's! 8O
Does anyone here have them? Apparently they can be quite nasty, and im not sure sony repairs/replaces them.

infoxicated
24th March 2005, 12:29 PM
They do replace them, as far as I know.

hailstorm
24th March 2005, 12:32 PM
My previous complaining about this issue aside, dead pixels can either be really annoying or barely noticeable. It depends on where the dead pixels are on the screen, how many and if they are stuck on or off. I am unsure what Sony's policy on this is I've heard everything from they won't replace them at all to them only replacing if it has 7 or more dead pixels. I guess one reason for us people considering importing to hang on is that at least if you buy it in a store you can inspect the display first before buying.

infoxicated
24th March 2005, 12:37 PM
You can usually get a monitor replaced if it has three or more. I don't know of the official line on the PSP replacement - it's probably specific to each territory, but once they are in good supply I doubt there would be much of a problem in getting one replaced.

It does all depend on where they are - if they are around the edges of the screen then it's barely worth the hassle. If they're dead center, though, you'd have a good case for getting it replaced.

Edgecrusher2k
30th March 2005, 01:35 AM
I have them on mine but I checked the manual and it says it is normal??

Ally Graham
31st March 2005, 07:23 AM
It is normal to some extent, but normal in that it is a malfuction that occurs in a large number of HD screens.

Sony go back and forth on this item, one moment they say that they will not replace any at all, then saying that if you have more than about 4 in a square cm, then they will replace it.

Wish they could make up their mind.

Another reason not to import, when it does, finally, come to Europe, any defects you can sort out with someone from you Country.

Rapier Racer
31st March 2005, 11:16 AM
Yeah I agree, I'm waiting to buy one from the shops, maybe they will test it right there to save me the trouble, I don't want one from Amazon on thinking about it, would you trust Royal Mail with your new PSP? You don't even have to sign for Amazon packages...

Mobius
31st March 2005, 01:27 PM
There is an amzon logo on the packages - or on the tape isn't there?

Rapier Racer
31st March 2005, 02:23 PM
Yes, Amazon are nice enough to plaster thier logo all over the box just so everyone knows that theres something of value inside, pricks