PDA

View Full Version : Kochira, Snaku

Wamdue
20th March 2005, 03:23 PM
Sooo, whos played MGS3 yet?

Completed it this weekend and my first impression is its as good as the original MGS with some very cool new features. Basically, if you get hurt you gotta fix yourself up, not just taking a healthpack. For example, if you get shot you gotta carve the bullet out with a knife, disinfect the wound, stitch it, bandage it. So you care a lot more about your character than youd normally do, it became rather frustrating at times tho when you get multiple bulletwounds all the time in certain boss fights.. The camo-idea ( you need to put the right camo on for the right enviroments ) is great, you could camo yourself so well that its hard to see where you are on the screen hehe. It seems Hideo Kojima also found a balance between cutscenes and gameplay, theres _a lot_ less codec conversations in MGS3 than in MGS2. If you liked MGS and thought MGS2 was not as good, youll like MGS3. If you liked both previous games I think youll like this one just as well. Seeing Revolver Ocelot as a newbie is a great moment for any MGS veteran :)

Axel
20th March 2005, 08:01 PM
Yeah the game is brilliant, I'm now facing the END, man this boss is a F%$king Bas$%rd!!!! Bloody hell man, i guess i have to really take my time and stuff with him. But as you said, it's definately up there with MGS1.

Wamdue
20th March 2005, 10:03 PM
If you get him using the tranq gun only you should both get his camo and his rifle I think.

Axel
20th March 2005, 10:54 PM
so wot your telling me, if i wait for him to sleep, then tranq him, i can finish him with one shot? please let this be true!!!

piranha wiper
20th March 2005, 11:39 PM
no thats not the case, if you tranq him he wakes up, just his stamina bar goes down, i got his rifle but no camo :evil: :evil: yeah its a great gamei got the rank of crocodile for my first go, has any one got the healing radio? the best touch i think that hideo put in was the big ladder after The End, the title music comes on but just the woman singing that was excellent, well done :clap

infoxicated
21st March 2005, 07:28 AM
Wamdue, update your e-mail address please - it was bad enough getting bounced e-mails when you were sent PM's, but now I'm getting bounces because you're watching this topic! :lol:

Axel
21st March 2005, 08:08 AM
ah I see, yeah I want his sniper rifle, wen i've got a spare hour, I'll go back to him :P

Wamdue
21st March 2005, 09:37 AM
will do infox hehe sorry about that :S. You know me and e-mails..

About the tranq gun, basically, you can defeat bosses by using it only and get their stamina to 0. Its the same thing as killing them, each boss drops a different camo-kit if you do that. The boss camo kits also got hidden mods to them, I suggest a camo-guide at gamefaqs for finding out what each suit does.

Oh and I got crocodile rating too :D

piranha wiper
21st March 2005, 12:59 PM
hey wammy, do you know where to find the camoflage key disc?