PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout Pure Ship Stats

infoxicated
18th March 2005, 09:40 PM
Man... phpBB is ****ed...

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/features.php?action=display&id=97

Dimension
18th March 2005, 09:44 PM
Thankya kindly foxxy, looks like it's piranha all the way for me. I like the looks and it's got all the speed in the world, yup that's gotta be the one! :D *changes avatar swiftly*

Lance
18th March 2005, 09:46 PM
Piranha = Icaras

Feisar = Feisar, just like always

Hellfire_WZ
18th March 2005, 09:56 PM
Hmmm.... interesting. Looks like the stats have very little in common with the previous games. Can't imagine Piranha as having the worst handling, and Triakis taking over from Qirex as the resident iron rocket. It's good to see a lot more balance in the teams this time though, should make for some good racing. :)

Dimension
18th March 2005, 09:57 PM
Seems the Feisar might be a decent option, it ranks at the top in terms of stat total at 14 with everything except the piranha and Harimou on 13, those two being on 12 so it's pretty even, glad there's nothing with 1 in top speed, the FEISAR really suffered in W3O from that one :)

Thruster2097
18th March 2005, 09:58 PM
I dont know what ships are available from the start, but hopefully Auricom are included. Good old Auricom, never let me down during W1 and W2.

I may even venture over to the darker, more purple Qirex side.

xqpx
18th March 2005, 10:06 PM
I've just switched over to Triakis. :D

Colin Berry
18th March 2005, 10:51 PM
We did use the previous games as a guide believe it or not :) however... there is quite a bit of disparity between all the previous versions (we compiled a big table of all the ships to try and get an overall feel of 'what should X be like', but it was hard; Piranha for example was the daddy in Wipeout 1 with uber stats for everything but no weapons.. but then a normal ship in WO3 so we decided the KEY feature of a piranha was speed and made that its top stat), plus we had a new 'ethos' to work to to make sure all the ships were balanced and there was no real hierarchy, so some 'traditions' had to be sacrificed... sorry...

Dimension
18th March 2005, 11:19 PM
How little hierarchy will there actually be though Colin? in W3O we saw that the icaras' top speed stat, despite its terrible other stats, let it blow everything else away, might we not be seeing that again here? Just a thought is all :roll:

Seek100
19th March 2005, 01:14 AM
Yay, my beloved Feisar has not been gimped, and from the looks of it should be as fast as AG-5Y5.

The only decision that miffed me a bit was the swapping round of Qirex and Auricom, 'historically' Auricom has been the balanced all-rounder (which Qirex is now) while Qireж was more focused on top-end speed which is now Auricom's niche (at least it was that way in wo1 and 2097).

Oh well, I rarely fly either so it doesn't bother me too much.

Assegai may be more of an option now as I really like the new design and their emphasis has shifted from all out speed and handling to be more moderate and not so fragile (shields better than AG-5Y5). Though Feisar will be my first choice to play through as.

P.S. is there any unlocking of teams to be done in purE? Or will they all be available straight away like in w'o" and 2097?

Chill
19th March 2005, 05:29 AM
Thank goodness their aren't any ones anywhere!! :wink: This puts the crafts closer together in competition, important online and all. Good work Colin!!! :D

btw: I hope we have to unlock crafts, which helps get an overall feel of all the crafts. So, as seek100 wrote, will we unlock, or recieve all as one big surprise? :P

Deadly Diabetic
19th March 2005, 05:54 AM
I just want to take a moment to remind everyone about Colin's earlier comments about the rating system. Where he said that although two ships could have an identical whole number ranking (ie - 2) they could in actuality have a different ranking if looking at the decimal (ie - 2.2 vs. 2.5) and that those decimals could have a significant impact on the ranking of the craft.

So I guess what I'm saying is that although the table is good for general information we are probably better served by waiting to play the game and get a feel for it before making solid conclusions.

Just my $.02!

BTW, I CAN'T F#$%IN' WAIT TO GET MINE!

GJ to Foxy, Colin, and the entire Studio Liverpool team!!!! You deserve atleast a month's holiday (vacation for us Americans) ;)

-DD

silaris
19th March 2005, 03:01 PM
There's no doubt I'll be starting out with Qirex if they're available, but in the end game, it'll either be Piranha or Triakis. For now, I'm going to remain neutral till I find a team that suits me most. Hopefully, Icaras will come out with a 1-2 Handling and 5 Speed. :)

Shem
19th March 2005, 03:09 PM
Piranha is the fastest team for the second time in the series....... 8O

But the good part is that it's as maneouverable as Icaras (yay!!!) :D

G'Kyl
19th March 2005, 03:38 PM
And it's a good thing they always "forget" to give pilots of fast ships a means to actually steer their craft! ;-) I don't know, I always had this affinitiy to deadly-fast-almost-not-maneuverable vehicles in racing games. You get the best kick out of flying them perfectly well over the courses (which, of course, I can't manage most of the times). :)

Ben

Rapier Racer
20th March 2005, 03:18 PM
Damn you! Assegai is practically what Auricom used to be, I think some betrayal is in order, or maybe not. Let’s see what Van-Uber has to offer

Shem
20th March 2005, 08:34 PM
IF (Bran)Van Uber(Weiss) is going to make it to Pure! (if so - i hope it has some reasonable design)

Salt|Ultra
21st March 2005, 01:12 AM
btw: I hope we have to unlock crafts, which helps get an overall feel of all the crafts. So, as seek100 wrote, will we unlock, or recieve all as one big surprise? :P

The teams are all available from the start. Maybe there are a few hidden ones, I have a feeling it will be a while before we find out.

BTW harimau is the r0x0r5 :lol:

JABBERJAW
21st March 2005, 02:08 PM
When the game has run it's course(6months to a year), please add a supership(maxed in everything) to be downloaded. There are so many people who want a piranha type ship from xl or 64. But have it be like 64(since it had weapons). Would there be a way to have a separate records table for it to be downloaded if it happened?

xEik
21st March 2005, 02:46 PM
The links in the features section of WipeoutZone aren't working for me.
Am I the only one? :?

infoxicated
21st March 2005, 03:06 PM
Sorry about that - it was the upgrade to PHP5 over the weekend that tripped some retro coding style up there.

Actually... I'm amazed the forums even work at all... with the rickety shack that phpBB has become. :)

Lance
21st March 2005, 04:21 PM
and speaking of extra times sets for Piranha... dum dee doo, la la...
[keeps singin' ] ;)

Axel
21st March 2005, 04:51 PM
yeah, a maxed out ship to download would be sweet. I wanna get this game so badly, but the price of the PSP has to drop bgi time for moi.

Seek100
21st March 2005, 05:16 PM
But have it be like 64(since it had weapons).

Erm, the 64 version of Piranha was just like a normal ship wasn't it? I thought they toned it down for that version which is why they gave it weapons.

Personally I find the whole idea of such superships to be quite boring and ridiculous, Piranha in 2097 was so stupidly powerful you could not lose ever, I don't really consider that an interesting craft to pilot, but to each their own I guess.

Shem
21st March 2005, 09:18 PM
heh, but Pirahna 2097 is the best ship there is! i don't know why it's a problem of winning all the races with it, if you want some challenge, pick up Qirex. All in all, Pirahna is an extra ship. This ship suits all the pro-racers needs. Nothing to do but to beat times!!

zargz
22nd March 2005, 09:35 PM
Personally I find the whole idea of such superships to be quite boring and ridiculous, Piranha in 2097 was so stupidly powerful you could not lose everSeek100: I'm with you on this one! :mr-t

Praeterea censeo autopilotum esse delendam

Mano
22nd March 2005, 09:56 PM
Shem thinks exactly like i do, when i want a fair challenge i use the same / lower class ship the other person uses.

But one of the best things in the game for me is to go as fast as possible, and you cant beat XL pirahna in that matter, i crave for speed :D even if i crash and burn lol. breaking speed records and time records is awesome!

Theres no harm on putting a ship like that in the game, if you dont like to use it then dont ;), my reasoning in this subject is that if you put the ship you harm no one, but if you dont, you will be pleasing far less people...

superships boring and ridiculous?... come on, you are just looking at the competition side of the game its bigger than just that, i respect your opinion but believe me its not boring at all going at those speeds with full control :D

Dimension
23rd March 2005, 09:53 AM
Thing is, a maxed out ship won't be all that, at least not compared to 2097, in purE the stats onl go to 5 so you would only get all 5s, there are already several ships at 4 and 5 top speed so the difference wouldn't be all that noticeable, the piranha should do you just fine i'd think, plus it's more challenging with a harder to steer ship, we wouldn't want it too easy now would we? ;)

Mano
23rd March 2005, 05:16 PM
Dimension: Challenge can come in different ways, i prefer to be challenged reaching faster speeds, which in turn are more difficult to control, thing is i want a challenge that allows me to reach a new goal, not so much a challenge for the challenge itself, as would be the case with the regular ships, thats why, well , the regular ships exist for...

like i said i can play with the regular ships, and enjoy them, but i enjoy more the possibility as a prize to use a supership, like the pirahna in XL.

its like saying that ship is too easy! i can drive a ship with less control...but then what?; and by the way in my opinion theres a definite unbalance between every craft in XL/2097, if you hadnt pirahna there would be complaints about quirex definitely, its not like its bad steering balances its speed advantage at ALL... what i prefer is this: learn to drive a hard to steer ship or any regular ship for that matter AND have the possibility to have a supership, reach faster speeds, make tracks on faster times. No need to take something good out of the game.

this reminds me of everytime regulations put a barrier on technology on racing associations. ;)

i dont know about Pure having a supership or not, it could exist however even if theres a 5 rank rating

Chill
24th March 2005, 01:18 AM
I certainly hope that their won't be a ship better than any other!!!! :? I love the ability of others against me always being by me, thus always providing competition. And I hope their isn't a big supership (like the zone ship) at the end, because that would definately be bad for the WIpeout tradition. And it would be bad for good play for everyone, but I dought this will happen, hopefully!!!! :? 8)

Mano
24th March 2005, 01:37 AM
Easy there Quick Wick, let me repeat myself: if you dont like the ship, dont use it ;)

bad for Wipeout tradition hehehe thats a funny one, ask how many people like pirahna.. and its a supership born in the first sequel.

Bad for good play?, hmm good and bad are really becoming subjective here, let me help you; you might mean FAIR play, and even so thats not the case, if you want a challenge without supership, then put on the rules of YOUR challenges: no supership. then again you can make a challenge with all of the participants using the same supership, and it would still be fun, maybe more fun that races with all regular ships, but thats subjective too.

really guys one of the first things you need to learn to show your points of view or opinions is, well, to do it! what i mean by this is just saying its good or bad without any valid explanation is like saying "its good/bad because i say so"

as simple as that, you gotta start reading posts on the topic more than writing them QW ;)

TMoney
24th March 2005, 01:52 AM
I'll always love Feisar...

But I have Pure... and harimau has been a common selection lately :(

Dimension
24th March 2005, 04:40 PM
I think it would be cool to have alternatives of all the basic 8 ships with maxed stats, then you wouldn't have to ditch your own team to play supah stylee. Kind of like this option for extra liveries, but for maxed stats instead :) i could dig that because then there would still be that equal competition thing that's being complained about... or not :(

zargz
24th March 2005, 04:44 PM
I like pures start grid a Lot better than wo3/se. Why? > it's more Even!
the reason - not all pilots like piranha_2097 or icaras_wo3/se
with some skills or even with sheer persistance you can beat the time of a ship +1 faster than your favorite, for sure!
but not a maxed one > all stats thru the roof!
then people have to 'betray' their team in order to get a good place on the tables > ts ts ts!
I dont mind fast ships. I Do mind superior ships!
besides if you can't get enough there's always zone mode!
my 2 öre ! ;)

Praeterea censeo autopilotum esse delendam

G'Kyl
24th March 2005, 05:00 PM
Are you saying Qirex is inferior? *falls in shock*

Dimension
24th March 2005, 07:51 PM
Who Zargz? 8O I hope it doesn't look like i'd ever say that! :( Inferior it is not, just on a higher difficulty setting to TT competently is all :lol:

Mano
25th March 2005, 02:35 AM
aha, but in zone (which i think looks beautiful in Pure btw) you cant play all the tracks ;)

what you mean by "betraying" your team?, maybe you have less fun using other ships you dont like, then i think you shouldnt trade the fun in order to get a position on the tables... i know maybe what im gonna say next wouldnt matter to you, but i wouldnt trade the fun i have playing the game for a position

Cammodude
25th March 2005, 05:13 AM
For anyone who is interested here are the offical stats from the US Wipeout pure website. The chart at the top of the thread is pretty accurate, but there are a few flaws. According the the U.S. website, Fiesar got screwed once again and was slapped with the dreaded '1' stat in top speed. In the previous games, it was at least built like a tank, but not this time. In shield strength it has a lousy '2' stat points, making it as fragile as Harimau and AG-Systems. At least you can perform a few good doughnuts with it though. :oops:

AG-Systems
Handling: 4 Thrust: 5 Top Speed: 2 Shield: 2 Stat total: 13

Pirhana:
Handling: 2 Thrust: 2 Top Speed: 5 Shield: 3 Stat total: 12

Auricom:
Handling: 3 Thrust: 2 Top Speed: 5 Shield: 5 Stat total: 15

Qirex:
Handling: 3 Thrust: 3 Top Speed: 3 Shield: 4 Stat total: 13

Feisar:
Handling: 5 Thrust: 4 Top Speed: 1 Shield: 2 Stat total: 12

Triakis:
Handling: 2 Thrust: 2 Top Speed: 4 Shield: 5 Stat total: 13

Harimau:
Handling: 5 Thrust: 4 Top Speed: 4 Shield: 2 Stat total: 15

Assegai:
Uknown as of yet due to an error or ommision from the website.

Colin Berry
25th March 2005, 04:18 PM
Couple of things

Feisars top speed is 2/5 not 1/5

stats total is largely irrelevant as it does not take into account any form of weighting to the stats, it values handling as important as thrust as important as shield and as important as top speed

Chill
25th March 2005, 04:31 PM
For the of it so far, the one I think I'll be good at will be the Harimau. Well, I guess we'll have to see what Assegai's like. :wink:

RJ O'Connell
29th March 2005, 12:50 AM
I'm really going to miss the days of the nimble Piranha and the brick-like Qirex. Then again, at least Feisar is competitive! :D

Seek100
29th March 2005, 03:06 AM
Feisar:
Handling: 5 Thrust: 4 Top Speed: 1 Shield: 2 Stat total: 12

I'm praying to the god I don't believe in that this is another bit of incompetency from the people who put up the wrong team info, with no punctuation formatting and forgot to put Assegai in at all. I'm trusting for now that Infox has put up the actual stats and Feisar are actually good.

Are the stats presented in the manual or ingame? Can anyone with the game verify which set of stats is actually correct?

def
29th March 2005, 03:27 AM
i can verify that infox was right
Feisar is handling: 5 thrust: 4 speed: 2 shield: 3

Zero [RG] [HG]
29th March 2005, 04:51 AM
Assegai was missing and a craft called "Core" was put in on the manual.
SHEESH, IS CORE THE ZONE CRAFT SOME PEOPLE WERE TALKING ABOUT?

def
29th March 2005, 04:58 AM
as far as the manual is concerned assegai = core. zone ship isnt in the manual neither are any of the other unlockable ships.

Zero [RG] [HG]
29th March 2005, 05:00 AM
There are other unlockable ships? What are they?
What do they look like?
What does the Zone ship look like?
What are the unlockable ship's logos?
What are their names!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!?!?!?!?!?!

def
29th March 2005, 05:05 AM
there are (as far as i know) two unlockables at the moment, the zone ship can be seen easily by doing a zone race get gold on all of the zone races and you can use the zone ship in single races and tourneys, i dont think the zone ship has a logo. The other unlockable is the 'midevil' looking ship, im not positive how its unlocked since i havent gotten it yet but i saw that someone else on this forum had it. if you dont press any buttons on your psp and let it do a demo race you might see the midevil ship in that, it looks like a freaky bat ship with two prongs coming off the front. gl later.

Mano
29th March 2005, 05:18 AM
It seems there will be two ship categories, the regular ones , and special/super ones, wise choice, that will level gameplay but in a higher speed class with many ships to choose, now you have more than one supership, hmmm, i wonder if there will be an Ultimate ship in the game :twisted:

speed, spEED, SPEED!!!!!

infoxicated
29th March 2005, 06:52 AM
Just to clear things up - Core is the engine supplier for Assegai, and the only part of the original Assegai operation that Piranha did not acquire. The racing craft is built around the Core technology, they are partners in the same way you get with Williams/BMW, for example. The Core logo in the US manual was a missprint, and should have been an Assegai one.

Seek100
29th March 2005, 12:17 PM
Cool, I was wondering why one of the Assegai logos had 'core' I figured it was a corporate slogan of some kind like Triakis' 'Mega'.

Cheers for the confirmation def. 8)

def
29th March 2005, 12:25 PM
no problem. I also unlocked the midevil ship and thats what its called "Midevil Team". I think you get it by beating the classic races (in single race mode) here are the stats:

Midevil: 5/5 Thrust 4/5 Handling 4/5 Speed 1/5 Shield

similar to the zone ship, for all you guys curious what the zone and midevil ships look like ill snap some photos tomorrow, later.

JABBERJAW
29th March 2005, 02:29 PM
seek, piranha 2 was just like the piranha from wipeout xl except it had weapons, maxed out in all statistics

JABBERJAW
29th March 2005, 02:38 PM
In every wipeout game, if you take out the supership(ie piranha, piranha2), there is always one ship that is the best on almost every track, at most 2 ships can get best times on any of the games, so to say the ships are balanced is a wrong assumption. Pure for example(if youtake out the superships-Thank you colin!! :D for putting them in), I'm pretty sure either harimou or piranha will be the best on every track, so that is 2 out of 8. there is no possible way feisar will ever result in a best time, or qirex for that matter. I don't see why people complain about the supership, when all that is needed is a separate records table. I would personally like to keep track of both styles of records. For everyone who says the superships are too easy, Have you done a perfect race with one(on gare d'europa)? There is no competition in the older games from the computer anyway, so records was all that was left, and trying to do a perfect race with an insanely fast ship. The slower ships are much easier to do this with.

Mano
29th March 2005, 04:55 PM
I told Seek100, Zargz and Dimension about that too, not the same words but close, i said, "if there werent a pirahna there would sure be complaints about quirex, its not like its bad steering makes up for its speed advantage AT ALL", and i agree with the last part you said too, in a previous post i said there are many ways on where your skills can be challenged, not only difficult steering, more speed means more difficult control, and your reactions need to be faster, something way more difficult than learning a track and just anticipating the turns, which almost completely solves the problem of difficult steering.

i too recommend that the ones against a supership try to make perfect laps with it on difficult courses in phantom, maybe we wont get across our point, but maybe you will discover the fun it is to play at the fastest you can go.

Colin Berry
29th March 2005, 05:06 PM
The ships we have found to be the best in the office are (in multiplayer this is)

Assegai and Triakis - The Harimau tends to get blown up quickly :) (as do zone and medievil*) Piranha doesnt get picked much oddly

I use the Qirex and generally do alright......

Some ships are better suited to certain tracks....... until you become an absolute master.

Footnote: The Medievil ship was built by the nice people at cambridge studios (currently doing Medievil PSP.... ) as a bonus for us to put in the game, hence its slightly unsual look ie its not strictl;y part of the wipeout universe, but just a nice bonus.

JABBERJAW
29th March 2005, 07:12 PM
What about single player best times? There must only be one or two ships that get the best times in this. Thanks for putting in the zone ship, that is a good bonus.