PDA

View Full Version : NICK BURCOMBE

JABBERJAW
13th March 2002, 10:43 PM
a few more questions. Is there pitch control? Every wipeout clone I have played in comparison to wipeout has had controls that are not even close to wipeout and certainly not as fun(f-zero,xg3,n-gen, aerogauge,episode 1 racer, ect). In fact, while they are fun, the controls are for a lack of a better word, "crap" in comparison to any wipeout game. How does this game feel, airbrakes sliding around corners, ect. Sometimes it's fine to copy other games if you do them right or better than the original. I would rather play an exact wipeout clone rather than playing something that isn't fun that is just trying to be different. The main thing I'm asking about is turning(which better not be like f-zero or xg3, if it's going to be good), and pitch control(which adds muchos to the gameplay. I hope it is better than all the wipeouts, but seeing is believing after all the dissapointing clones. Also, the site said there would be rivals that will constantly attack you. In fusion, they attack you a little too much sometimes slowing down the flow of the game, any comments on that.

Nick Burcombe
14th March 2002, 09:28 AM
There is pitch control. And smooth and level landings will do wonders for your lap times.
It's fairly critical to get it right and discover the lay of the land where landings are involved.

There is slide and real weight and feel to the vehicles, although some slide more than others.

And rivals are there to keep you on your toes thoughout the game.

As was discovered in both the Wipeout games I worked on orginally, "it's more fun to shoot, than to be shot".

Nick B

zone
14th March 2002, 12:09 PM
It certainly is fun to shoot :wink:

JABBERJAW
15th March 2002, 05:40 PM
Sounds good. I wasn't trying to say copy wipeout, but I'm sure you know what I meant if you have ever played f-zero or xg3