PDA

View Full Version : the Doctor?

Lance
11th March 2005, 12:10 AM
for all you lucky Dr. Who fans who don't know the good news yet, the Doctor returns to television on March 26.

i wish i lived in England.

lunar
11th March 2005, 12:26 AM
apparently episode 1 is already available on the internet, after a sample DVD was stolen from a Canadian Broadcaster. I`m sure the BBC has it in mind to sell it into the USA at some point.

Lance
11th March 2005, 12:47 AM
yes, but:
a: i'm on dial-up; downloading videos is impractical

b: i prefer to see the 'live' telecast if possible

c: it's a place i want to visit and even live in for a while

d and not least: i'd like to meet some of you lovely people

Dimension
11th March 2005, 01:36 AM
Yeah, I'm looking forwards to that already, hopefully it'll be good, remember reading somewhere that they're changing the Daleks in this series as well, going away from the old pepperpot-ish design :o

Lance
11th March 2005, 02:09 AM
didn't lovable, warm and fuzzy old Davros get killed off at some point? although he's very hard to get rid of. but i do recall that the Daleks rebelled against their creator when they realised they didn't need him anymore. i'd still like to see him again.

remember back in the Sylvester McCoy era when the Daleks were finally able to go up the stairs? lol. the Doctor was a bit shocked. who knows what other shocks may be in store? the new episodes look to be a bit more adult than the earlier ones.

Jelly Baby, anyone?

Rapier Racer
11th March 2005, 09:32 AM
Oh no you are having laugh aren't you? Not more of that pathetic crap, the only thing Dr Who is good for is a piss taking on Dead Ringers

piranha wiper
11th March 2005, 09:45 AM
"wher does this interstitial time delay helix go to?" london eye
lmao, what a guy, on my bank card it says DR Thompson, and people always take the mick

Lance
11th March 2005, 12:18 PM
i am not having a laugh. i loved Doctor Who, especially the Tom Baker years, but also liked Colin Baker. too bad the series got screwed with during his time

Dimension
26th March 2005, 07:20 PM
Anybody watch the first episode? It was pretty good, enjoyed it :)

Axel
26th March 2005, 07:39 PM
yeah Billie is hot!!!! Oh and the show was good as well LOL. Yeah Billie yum :D

Dimension
26th March 2005, 07:55 PM
:roll: but still... yeah, won't argue :P

infoxicated
26th March 2005, 10:02 PM
I watched the last fifteen minutes and it was okay... but it did show the usual BBC hallmarks of being a bit ambitious for the budget and looking a bit ropey in places due to that. Some of the dialogue was awful, too, but then it was Billie Piper.

Part of the way through my girlfriend said "Oh yeah, like Billie is just going to shrug and follow him knowing he's an alien."
To which I replied "She's been living with Chris Evans for the past five years - hanging around with a time travelling alien is hardly front page news!" :D :lol:

I sort of enjoyed it... not sure why, as I was pretty sure it was going to be cheesier than it was. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

Lance
26th March 2005, 10:06 PM
sometimes cheesier is more enjoyable. :)

stin
26th March 2005, 10:10 PM
Part of the way through my girlfriend said "Oh yeah, like Billie is just going to shrug and follow him knowing he's an alien."
To which I replied "She's been living with Chris Evans for the past five years - hanging around with a time travelling alien is hardly front page news!" :D :lol:
My thoughts exactly!!!!!!

stevie :D

Axel
27th March 2005, 04:35 PM
heheheh Chris Evans, lucky bar$&"£d. But I really do wonder what she sees in him :(

Thruster2097
27th March 2005, 06:44 PM
errr.... ferraris?