PDA

View Full Version : WipEout PurE Review - Gamepro

Deadly Diabetic
10th March 2005, 07:17 PM
Not real long winded at gamepro obviously but to the point I guess. Anyway they gave it a 4.5 of 5 and it's the first "review" (not preview) I've seen of the game. Check it out:

http://www.gamepro.com/sony/psp/games/reviews/42989.shtml

-DD

eLhabib
10th March 2005, 07:52 PM
there you have it: double tap on the shoulder button performs a side-shift maneuver! sounds fun, I would love to nudge a contender into a wall in wipeout! everyone who has played F-Zero on the cube knows how it feels 8)

UncleZeiv
10th March 2005, 07:57 PM
release date: 23 march 8O

_dave_

ps - yeah, side-shift sounds really cool! (not useful in time trials though)

BenjaminBirdie
10th March 2005, 08:24 PM
Namco.

:lol:

Salt|Ultra
10th March 2005, 08:26 PM
Umm why do they say Pure is from Namco?

Other than that little goof, a pretty good short review. The slide sounds like it will be lots of fun in multiplayer.

Rapier Racer
10th March 2005, 08:44 PM
This is weird, at night when trying to fall asleep I sometimes picture myself in the Wipeout world *ahem* :oops: anyway I see myself as the new fearless pilot for guess what team :wink: and as this strange fantasy goes there is this pilot that flies for another team who always bullies the other pilots by taking his ship and smashing them into the track walls, no one else will challenge him for they are all afraid and so he keeps winning year after year, until I come along in my Assegai and teach him a lesson by smashing him into the wall and keeping his ship there so it scrapes along at the high speeds until it eventually becomes to damaged to go any further and explodes, he is not happy, the other pilots see this action and take a stand AG racing is now more competitive and so on.

Miles off topic sorry, but it does kind of relate to the ability to nudge contenders into wall on Pure, I always tried it out on WO 3 with the normal steering to se if I could force another ship into the wall, I cant wait for this feature!

Shutting up now

Seek100
10th March 2005, 09:10 PM
until I come along in my Assegai and teach him a lesson by smashing him into the wall and keeping his ship there so it scrapes along at the high speeds until it eventually becomes to damaged to go any further and explodes

Except of course your weak arse shields would give out long before anyone elses, maybe you could do in a half-damaged AG-5Y5. :lol:

I find it more funny that they put the developer at the top of the page as SCEE, they could at least mention the actual developer which is SCEE Studio Liverpool, that's like saying Rockstar developed the GTA games.

Rapier Racer
10th March 2005, 09:56 PM
Ah yes the weak shields not just Assegai, on WO 3 SE Assegai, Icaras, Piranha and AG-S all the same weak arse shields.

eLhabib
10th March 2005, 10:08 PM
assegai reign supreme! but when it comes to style, AG-5Y5 gotta be the choice!

gbit
10th March 2005, 11:01 PM
That was a pretty amateurish review, I must say. Although I think it may have been a 'final impressions' more than a review.

zargz
11th March 2005, 07:38 AM
.. Except of course your weak arse shields would give out long before anyone elses.. you never know what shield the assegai or any other ship will have in purE! ;)

Praeterea censeo autopilotum esse delendam

infoxicated
11th March 2005, 07:41 AM
8O

lunar
11th March 2005, 08:29 AM
:lol:

is the word "ambiguity" on your toilet paper today, by any chance?

infoxicated
11th March 2005, 09:10 AM
I had a funny feeling I shouldn't have said that! :lol:

Rapier Racer
11th March 2005, 09:38 AM
I hope they haven't altered Assegai's stats too much weak shields are a compromise I’m willing to take, If I was a Piranha fan I’d be well pissed off seeing as the handling is now inferior to what it used to be

zargz
11th March 2005, 09:42 AM
where did you see that :?:
or do you mean in wo3/se

Praeterea censeo autopilotum esse delendam

Rapier Racer
11th March 2005, 10:00 AM
Pure, I'm sure Infox recommended Piranha to Lance as a replacement for Icaras, now in Lances post I’m sure he said he wanted a ship with tremendously poor steering or at least poor steering and high speed, why would Infox recommend Piranha if they still had good handling? A bit of clarity here wouldn’t go a miss…