PDA

View Full Version : Holy Sh... ezzmet!

Rachel Johnson
2nd March 2005, 09:15 PM
Not been here in a while! Goddamn!

So, how has everyone been? Anything new happened?

Hehe, I feel all nostalgic now. ^^;

Hows your day been etc? *nosey stare*

Shem
2nd March 2005, 09:28 PM
Hi!

well....uhmmm......wipeout Pure is about to be released :D

Thruster2097
2nd March 2005, 10:46 PM
....but just dont ask when, because no-one really knows.
Hi rachel, my day has been great today because I am on holiday. Still in the united states of england, but just taking a well earned break from work.
How's you? Been a long time, what'ya been upto?

Prometheus
2nd March 2005, 11:50 PM
In fact, you've been away so long, we've actually developed anti grav crafts... yup, we're kicking major butt along the M25 ;p

infoxicated
3rd March 2005, 07:25 AM
In fact, you've been away so long, we've actually developed anti grav crafts... yup, we're kicking major butt along the M25 ;p :lol:
That's almost true! ;)

mid
3rd March 2005, 11:02 AM
Not today it isn't - the thing was an absolute mess on the way to work.

Rachel Johnson
3rd March 2005, 07:56 PM
Hehe! xD

Well, my life has been random. o_O I now volunteer at a community centre (I do stuff like Web design/Setting up rooms/general admin), I'm going in for Police training and I've also applied for another volunteerin position at the local CVS! xD

Daniel had a laptop... till it bust recently with all his stuff on it HEHE! Poor guy...

My brother (You may remember him as Quakedisruptor from the WOF Forums) is now in a band. ( www.ninehundredmore.co.uk - He's the one in the Sadist hoodie xD)

Anyone got any info on Pure?! Not seen a single thing about it yet!

Lance
3rd March 2005, 08:19 PM
you could always look at our section on the PSP. currently 2367 posts there, almost all of them about Pure. several of those are by Colin Berry, the lead designer of Pure. if you've not seen anything about Pure, it's because you've not looked. lots of screenshots and discussion on the general gamesites; though here on the WZ is the best place to start

Bob Todd
4th March 2005, 07:02 PM
I had some mad misadventures with custard.

Sausehuhn
4th March 2005, 07:26 PM
Colin Berry, the lead designer of Pure.

and Fusion of course...
___

Hi Rachel, nice to meet ya' :)

Pure is going to be the best WipEout ever. It will be available for the PlayStation Portable. The graphics are really cool and the handling is like it was in WipEout 2097/Wip3out and not as bad as it was in Fusion. Back to the beginning.

Enjoy the forums again :D

edit
:oops:

Bob Todd
4th March 2005, 07:43 PM
not as worse
:lol:

EDIT: Just realised that you're in Germany, so English probably isn't your first language. Fair enough, then.

Lance
5th March 2005, 06:42 PM
Sausehuhn wrote: ''and Fusion of course...''
? was Colin the lead designer of Fusion? ! this is news to me.

Sausehuhn
5th March 2005, 08:21 PM
Erm. I think so, yes. Maybe he was not the lead designer, but he worked as a designer of Fusion as well. Maybe I can check out the credits or the infos of the Limited Edition of Fusion tomorrow. I will tell you if I don't forget :wink:

Thruster2097
5th March 2005, 08:45 PM
afaik it was Rob Francis who was heading WOFusion.

Lance
5th March 2005, 10:12 PM
Rob Francis was certainly the project head; i thought that was pretty much the same as lead designer. ?

Seek100
5th March 2005, 10:50 PM
A dubious honour if ever there was one, to be known as the lead designer for Fusion.

In any case purE is quite a return to grace, almost phoenix like in it's glory. 8)

Lance
5th March 2005, 11:14 PM
i suspect that Mr. Francis was under considerable pressure from above to make it different, give it broader appeal to the typical gamer. but of course this is only speculation on my part.

--------

if Pure turns out to be as great as we expect, i imagine that Colin will be nominated for godhood :)

Thruster2097
6th March 2005, 12:31 AM
The problem with that one is that PurE is now getting the same standard of praise and hype that Fusion did.
The advantages for PurE now are the fact that it will be released as a launch title, along with possibly eight or nine other titles, for the exclusive use on the UK's must-have gadget of 2005. PurE should go platinum very quickly.
Besides, Colin (and his godhood) have to really be thanking all the previous producers, since PurE is being portrayed as a colaboration of the best bits of the previous titles.

And I believe it is a well known fact that Rob Francis was ordered to make Fusion appeal to a wider audience. I'm not going to hold that against him though, after all, he worked on 2097!

Sausehuhn
6th March 2005, 11:34 AM
Yes, Colin was "just" another designer, without the "lead" ;)

So Mr. Francis did a great job with Fusion anyway. The most people don't like the style Fusion has, but I love it. It looks so futuristic. Maybe you think: "it's okay, but it's no WipEout" Maybe I define WipEout a different way, but I love it how Fusion's design was made. It looks real, like the future could be.
Pure is going to be like this, too. A different style to Fusion, but it could also be the real future. The old games (maybe Wip3out not) aren't like the future I think. I don't wan't to say, that 2097/XL has a bad style (the most people will say it's the best), but to me it looks to colorful and unreal. All the "danger!" boards etc. is not as good as the style of Fusion or Pure.

rhys
6th March 2005, 11:40 AM
It's been a while since I posted too... but with all this Pure talk I just can't resist :D

Hey to Rachel, and everyone else.

Rachel Johnson
7th March 2005, 09:28 AM
Hey rhys! Long time no see etc etc yadda yadda.

You found Fusions Handling bad Sausehuhn? Woah.

Sausehuhn
7th March 2005, 02:25 PM
Er... "bad" was/is the wrong word. "different" would be better. Don't understand me wrong: I think Fusion is the best WipEout game ever. The style, the graphics, all is perfect. I really like it! The handling is also not bad, it's just no normal WipEout handling. At the beginning, when they started with Fusion, the game had the old flying style, but the changed it. Fusion could have been the best WipEout ever, but the most people don't like it how the handling was made.
Pure will be better I think. Maybe the style of Fusion will still be the best in my opinion, but Pures also doesn't look bad, and with the old handling it will be the WipEout.

So I think Fusion is a great racing game, maybe the best. Pure will be better I think, but Fusion rocks as well.

PS: I love Fusion! If I wouldn't, I had not buy the Limited Edition!

Rachel Johnson
8th March 2005, 11:12 AM
Hooray! ^^ lol, I was going to say... *slaps forehead*

(Back onto the How are you all and hows your day topic: I'M SO COLD! >_< Will this weather ever stop being crappy!? And will Daniel EVER get another laptop, so he won't have to keep using mine!? *thunders* )