PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout Pure Japanese Website!!

TMoney
25th February 2005, 04:13 AM
http://www.playstation.jp/scej/title/wipeout/

Everybody notice this recent update to the Japanese Wipeout Pure website?

The hardcore fans will take notice : In the "World" section - the screenshot in the top right... 2097/XL FMV intro of the lucky cat up on the top of the building is present in a level ;)

You can also get an idea of the new track environments in another section...

I have my Japanese PSP all ready - living in Canada... will have Pure the second it's available and can't wait.

Chill
25th February 2005, 04:23 AM
Oooooooo!!!!! Saweet again!!! I see an online link!!!! This is gonna be awesome!!!! I don't think I can handle the G-force!!!!! Oh, help me!!!! 8O
--
But seriously, this looks great. I can't wait tell it comes out!! See ya all at the finish line!!!! :wink:

Dimension
25th February 2005, 04:48 AM
Wow, nice! Those track wireframes look pretty spiffy :D

Welcome to the forum TMoney

Salt|Ultra
25th February 2005, 05:24 AM
Now that is the kind of update I was hoping for.

All kinds of goodies for us to look at there. :D

Even if I was hoping for a new movive of FMV clip... Guess I 'll just have to wait a bit longer.

---

Hi Tmoney, Welcome.

AmishRobot
25th February 2005, 05:30 AM
Any guesses on what the weapons icons represent?

Thruster2097
25th February 2005, 07:07 AM
we havent got a proper list yet but from the screenshots and bits of fmv it looks very squarey... the plasma bolt symbol is just a small horizontal line?

xEik
25th February 2005, 10:29 AM
The background in the system section is upside-down. :P

uberweng
25th February 2005, 10:32 AM
Wow, some of those tracks look pretty wild, esp that one 2nd from the end.

zargz
25th February 2005, 11:37 AM
site looks Great!! 8O
welcomeTmoney! 8)

Praeterea censeo autopilotum esse delendam

Sausehuhn
25th February 2005, 01:46 PM
WOW 8O

Look at the track maps. The weapons!! The teams! The design!!
Sadly, it's all in japanese, I can't undestand one word of it...

I want this gaaaaaame!!! :rock_on

Chill
25th February 2005, 03:24 PM
This'll probably be at wipeoutpure.com in english. It'll be nice to learn all about it!!!

TMoney, welcome!!!! :oops: I forgot to welcome you to the zone!!! :wink:

uberweng
25th February 2005, 04:36 PM
Don't worry about not understanding japanese, I asked my wife to translate it for me and it didn't really say anything new. The site does say that the next update will contain information about each team and track so this should be a little more interesting.

I looked in this weeks weekly famitsu (most popular game mag in japan) and it had a page on Wipeout pure in the coming soon section which had a screen shot of a stage selection screen with 6 stage names in katakana. I think one was "blue ridge," I will confirm this and other track names tomorrow (I will take pen and paper because its a long walk home from the magazine shop and my memory isn't what it used to be).

Sausehuhn
25th February 2005, 05:01 PM
:D Thanks for that uberweng!

TMoney
25th February 2005, 06:58 PM
Hi guys,

Actually although I forgot my ancient username/password, I'm not actually new to the forums ;) My name is Tye Roberts,... when I was a little younger I was responsible for the Feisar Wallpaper you can find in the downloads section w/my name in the download description. You guys didn't think I could possibly be new did you... what with the japanese web-surfing and all? :D

Anyway, I have every Wipeout game (except 64) and I'm looking forward to Pure... I'll keep an eye on these forums just like back in the Fusion days ;)

Tye

Sausehuhn
25th February 2005, 07:16 PM
Welcome back, TMoney!! :)

Pure will be so cool. I can't wait to see these tracks and informations about the teams uberweng spoke about.

I'm asking myself when the site will be released in other languages. I can understand german, the most things in english, too. But actually not japanese :wink:

Hellfire_WZ
25th February 2005, 07:19 PM
... when I was a little younger I was responsible for the Feisar Wallpaper you can find in the downloads section

You made that? Bloody hell, I've been using it for ages now! Nice work! :wink:

It'd be nice if in the next site update they could put up some proper schematics of the craft, I still need to work out if it's possible to do that Qirex conversion on that Eldar Falcon.

TMoney
25th February 2005, 08:37 PM
Yeah ;) I made that wallpaper.

Looking at it now it's hilarious... I made it in MS Paint mostly... but the reason I was proud of it was because I threw that logo together from a blurry screenshot before they'd actually released what the new logo's looked like, etc.

After I was finished with it in paint, I remember it looked aliased, so I used the blur tool in Photoshop to take take the edge off ;)

What an amateur! haha

Tye

yawnstretch
25th February 2005, 09:13 PM
W00t - great! I wish I lived in the US so I didnt have to wait for my copy to fly over :P
So annoying - made IN UK, and Ive to import it back to UK from Canada (Videogamesplus)

Asayyeah
25th February 2005, 09:36 PM
Thank you very much Tmoney , this site is really cool , the tracks seem to be wonderful and the team logo of my PuRe Piranha is ...sweety...

lunar
26th February 2005, 12:41 AM
check out the esses on one of those tracks 8O

As for the site in general its really good to see wipeout looking like wipeout again. And to see the old logos, especially AGS and the MIghty Q back in business is super-sweet.

zargz
26th February 2005, 07:36 AM
I noticed those S-es as well! 8O
they do look Fiiine!! *karbonis anyone?http://www.geocities.com/zargz/leenden/phm.gif
;)

Praeterea censeo autopilotum esse delendam]

stin
26th February 2005, 07:52 AM
Droool!!!! but happy :lol:

stevie :D

G'Kyl
26th February 2005, 08:00 AM
they do look Fiiine!! *karbonis anyone?

That's what I thought at first, but then the Pure esses seem more regular and longer. Either way, it's going to be hard work (read: fun!) pushing a Qirex through these turns at Phantom. :)

Ben

Lance
26th February 2005, 02:37 PM
bloody hell! it looks like i'm going to have to actually work my a$$ off to buy a PSP for this game

G'Kyl
26th February 2005, 04:18 PM
Same here. If there is any way I can afford it I will buy a PSP as soon as possible, even though I thought I'd wait until the price goes down considerably. That is, of course, assuming Pure is going to be the game we are hoping for.
What's funny is that I only realized today it was 2097 that made me buy my first 3D accelerator card. It was all of the first three Wipeouts that made me get a PSX. Later I had to have an XBox for Quantum Redshift as well as an N64 for WO64. It never occured to me how much of a system seller this kind of game is for me, because I never haunted down new hardware right upon hearing of a new Wipeout like release. It more or less just happened that way.
Now, should I start worrying about the not-so-subtle grasp Sony holds tightly around my neck/wallet? ;) And on a side note: Too bad Microsoft doeesn't seem to have another Quantum Redshift in the hole when XBox 2 hits the market at the end of this year. *whistles innocently* *g*

Ben

Cod
15th March 2005, 09:04 AM
The "Team" section on the Japanese website has been updated.

Looks like some of them have little movies as well, although not all of them worked when I tried.

Goodness.

Cod

yawnstretch
15th March 2005, 09:42 AM
Niiice!

You let them load - particularly like the Feisar! Auricom looks tasty too.

Mmmmmmm 8)

Thruster2097
15th March 2005, 10:29 AM
I like the look of the new and more streamlined qirex. Now edgey, as opposed to the brick of previous games.
Best in show? AG-Sissies. And it hurts me to say it, but it just looks the most dynamic craft ever to appear in any wipeout.
Worst in show? Piranha. It looks like a frikkin footprint!
Also unhappy about the feisar having its wings clipped, but what ya goin to do?

yawnstretch
15th March 2005, 10:37 AM
Yeah qirex looks sharp literally but I personally think that AG looks bad - from the back.
Piranha looks decent again from the back to me but I agree with you about Feisar's wings. I still think it looks fabulous - a lot like the intro ships in WO1

edit by Lance: unnecessary quote of immediately previous post was removed
how many times do i have to say this?: do not quote the entire immediately previous post; it is unnecessary, it is irritating to the readers, it is time wasting. it even looks ugly to an aesthete. and it adds to the clutter when i feel it necessary to make a public notification within the post in an attempt to eliminate this kind of abuse of the readers. don't do it.

eLhabib
15th March 2005, 10:59 AM
omfg these ships just look freakin awesome! i LOVE the new feisar, sweetest ever, and now even the harimau, which i didnt like from previous screen captures, absolutely rocks! the quirex is sharp as can be, and the piranha is great, too, i think it's just the perspective that makes it look a bit awkward in this picture.
i am a bit disapointed with the auricom and the triakis, they somehow look a little bit like they were built with lego bricks (well, for the auricom it fits, but the triakis was supposed to look slick i guess, didnt really work out - and it's just gray...)
AG looks GREAT from the side, but i also dont like its bulky behind...
also the assegai is not as sleek as it used to be (well it's gotta have stronger shields now!)

all in all, GREAT work there, Studio Liverpool, absolutely love the textures on the ships!

Sausehuhn
15th March 2005, 01:42 PM
Looks good!

But the Assegai looks like they've stolen the back of the ship ;)

The Qirex is very cool and AG-5Y5: wow!

Feisar also looks okay, but
1. not like it does at the cover
2. the thing with the wings is not bad, but it could look better.

tapioca
15th March 2005, 02:31 PM
I've just had a look at the ship design. I must tell i’m a bit disappointed on a few points :

- Why do the all the ships look like aluminium painted in watercolor (see what i mean ?) ? Those textures make them more an everyday car painting than a racing one. WO3 bright colors were far more efficient and realistic in a race context. How would you recognize teams when you're in the crowd waiting for pilots that run 400mph ?

- Second point : i know the Pure cover might not be definitive but why always make ships ingame slightly different ? The same happened on 2097 for Qirex (looked great in red, but with a strange piranha on its left wing, though)
http://www.playright.dk/covers/wipeout2097_psx_eu.jpg
Make a comparison with Pure cover AG-S and Feisar. The first one looks far greater in red and white than in the game, wheras the Feisar looks heavenly more agressive with this painting, black cockpit window, and enhanced shape.

yawnstretch
15th March 2005, 02:46 PM
Hey Lance - sorry for quoting someone who was before me :oops:

I never know how long it will take to write my post and sometimes it's clearer in busier forums that way.

I too hate it when there are massive quotes all over the place on forums and I think it's great that wipeoutzone is so disciplined in this regard. I will endeavour to reduce my superfluous quotes.

tapioca
15th March 2005, 03:18 PM
Here’s my opinion on individual ships (did I say I loved the overall WO3 ship and logo design ? I will take it as a comparison) :

- AG-S : great shape (loved the XL split nose, too) but needs the Pure cover painting, actual one beeing too neutral. Doesn't fit the cool logo.
- AURICOM : strange, but i like the idea of an old-war-plane-shaped cockpit; Logo OK but classical.
- FEISAR : oldfashion style (i know there are 2097 CG intro lovers). I pray for the box cover design. Great logo update.
- HARIMAU : looks great like this (with bright colors maybe ?). Good logo.
- PIRANHA : interesting shape but painting far too complicated (as for the logo, i would only keep the two biggest chevrons. It is too descriptive.)
- QIREX : surprising but i like it. Reminds me of an artwork from Fusion. Logo OK.
- TRIAKIS : the grey one. Good sharp design, interesting with this all-rounded logo. I would like to see a great black and white design (WOstyle), that would be classy ! Maybe for a new team.
- ASSEGAI : prefered the original external cockpit in WO3, but this design follow the new carateristics of the ship. Logo not as good but not too bad either. Love the font.

That's it. I’m now waiting for secret teams to show their wings (Van Über, Goteki…)

Sausehuhn
15th March 2005, 03:27 PM
Van Über
:lol:

Shem
15th March 2005, 04:26 PM
Thruster 2097 - What is your favourite team? I'd just like to know that to make up a new name for it, equivalent of AG-Sissies. In other words - :evil:

As for the design - It seems that these are no loger areodynamics that play a significant role in the design. I always thought that fins are for the stability of the craft while flying, that they have some actual purpose, that's why i like previous designs. Pure ships? What are the fins for? To attatch some airbrakes to? A wierd design, i cannot figure it out...

Anyway - I choose Piranha. it's maybe too smooth, but it's agressive enough. Qirex is like a knife (but it's kinda short). Feisar is.....Feisar. AG-Sys - I like W3O design the most, this one fits Piranha. Triakis should have been painted blue and called Auricom. The best part of Auricom is the logo. Harimau - better be fast, because it looks slow. Asseqai - why not, isn't that too small? Nice to know that this team is still around.

(and imagine, this could have been a nice - non-cynical post, if it weren't for Thruster's AG-sis....)

Chill
15th March 2005, 04:40 PM
It would just be cool to have a Wipeout with the ability to design your own caft "mabye put the disc in your computer and plug in your memory card some way". To tint your windows anyway you want, to design you logo and colors, and it would actually be tested for the actual ability of speed and handling. It could be too bulky, thus heavy. It could be too light, thus weak. It could be slick and light, thus fast. And to design the engine, the possibilities seem endless. Mabye once racers become really good, they can be smart enough to design real crafts!! :lol: Ya right!!
--
I'd also like to welcom tapioca since I haven't been around that often lately. Welcome to the zone, my friend!! :wink:

Salt|Ultra
15th March 2005, 05:34 PM
I actually like all of the designs, but that Harimau is tops in my book. But I'll wait until I can see how it handles. Looks aren't everything you know.

BenjaminBirdie
15th March 2005, 06:33 PM
I've been more enamored with the slight glimpses of the tracks we've been getting. You can see the edges of the green and orange tracks here. (Green/Feisar, Orange/AG, I think). Which is awesome because I thought that crazy neon track we've seen in trailers was going to be zone. But no! Mega Mall 1000x, baby! You can also see some really cool stuff going on in the background of the cities (that spotlight was tight).

Very cool stuff.

Oh, and I liked pretty much all the designs. Although I prefer the edgier stylings of the olden days, these are head and shoulders above the WF ones.

Is it possible that these are the eight main tracks we're seeing as well?

Seek100
15th March 2005, 07:46 PM
FEISAR : oldfashion style (i know there are 2097 CG intro lovers). I pray for the box cover design. Great logo update.

Indeed there are, vehement ones at that... :lol:

Having finally seen all the teams up close I must say none of them are dissapointing, except Piranha, ohwell, 7 out of 8 isn't bad. :wink:

F.E.I.S.A.R.: best since 2097, not as good as 2097 CGI version, but then nothing new really could be could it? LOL At least it's not as bad as the cover art, I must say I really didn't like the purE CGI version.

AG-5Y5: Awesome design, and the freshest one in the lineup, it'd be nice for AG to get a settled design but they are the most experimental team so I guess being unpredictable is in character for them. One thing I would have preferred is the brighter half-white/half-red paintscheme from the CGI version which just looks totally nang.

AURICOM: Best design since 2097, I really didn't like the forward swept w3o design and absolutley despised the lego-brick Fusion design, but I really like this version, it's a bit more substantial, the w3o version looked like it was slouching down, this fixes that nicely.

QIREЖ:Very nice design, again fresh like AG, but still keeping the traditional layout, and they seem to have made it less like an Eldar Falcon Grav tank since I saw the early pics ;)

PIRANHA: I agree with Thruster it's a bloody footprint, with 2 malformed fins, I really can't think of much positive, I really liked the 2097 and w3o versions, this is too rounded and weirdly proportioned.

ASSEGAI: beautiful, this is a real triumph, I especially like the angled forward hulls, remeniscent of the 2097 era angular ships I like so much, a little bit stumpy at the rear, maybe a pair of small fins there could have helped but viewed from above this does actually have pretty good proportions.

HARIMAU: looks pretty cool, a nice variant companion to the AG-5Y5 craft, but with a more proportioned rear section, the front hull seems very tall in the shot we're given which is a novel feature. The team name looks like it says λArimAu

TRIAKIS: looks too similar to the Auricom - which isn't necessarily a bad thing but could have been differentiated a bit more than just giving it a pointy nose and grey paint.

Hmm, I think too much about this I'm sure, I'm gonna watch some reality TV to dumb myself down a bit. :lol:

tapioca
15th March 2005, 07:51 PM
Thanks Chill. I'd really like to see customizable ships too.
This would be a great playground for pilots and graphic designers (many of them seem to haunt the Zone).
What i'd like too see is also the possibility to choose weather condition or daytime but i don’t know if it’s planned (remember Mega Mall at night in 2p mode in WO3).

Thruster2097
15th March 2005, 07:56 PM
(off topic)
What keys did you press to get the correct X for qirex? like alt+0134 or smthn...
Very smart!

(back on topic)
The Triakis could have done with looking a bit more like a trident. To me it just looks confused. To use a technical term, it needs more pointy.

And whats up with the different writing on the harimau?

tapioca
15th March 2005, 07:57 PM
By the way, which trailer are you talking of, BenjaminBirdie ?
Don’t remember seeing something like MegaMall. Is it the dark track with rows of advertising everywhere ? I’d call it Mega Pinball… If Mega Mall is back, i’d like to see the spiral but even more impressive : what i've had in mind for a long time is lots of turbos before it and then the track following the walls of the cylinder almost 90° of inclination, just like throwing a marble in a pipe. This would be a great time !

Dimension
15th March 2005, 08:00 PM
eeeurgh! The Qirex looks terrible 8O The piranha looks awesome though and so does the Harimou, looks like i'm converting to those two for pure :roll:

Seek100
15th March 2005, 08:09 PM
(off topic)
What keys did you press to get the correct X for qirex? like alt+0134 or smthn...
Very smart!

(back on topic)
The Triakis could have done with looking a bit more like a trident. To me it just looks confused. To use a technical term, it needs more pointy.

And whats up with the different writing on the harimau?

I had to cut'n'paste from word, you type 0416 then alt+x and it converts it to the cyrillic Ж or 'zhe' if you write it in the latin alphabet, same with the lambda which is 03bb then alt+x to convert to a lovely λ, again cut'n'paste, I dunno how to enter it on a message board since alt+x doesn't work.

P.S. if you go to insert->symbol in MSWord it has pretty much any unicode symbol you could want.

Back on topic again, I agree with the Triakis, it could have been a full blown trimaran, only connected by a spar about 7/8ths of the way back, that would be pretty nang. Oh well it's a nice enough ship, just not different enough from the Auricom to be unique, but I guess it's hard coming up with unique designs for 12 teams (counting the extras)

gbit
15th March 2005, 08:15 PM
I like 'em all! The QIREЖ looks really nice. And so does Assegai (my favorite team in wo3)

However, the although the colours on the website may look 'pale' or watercolour-like, it seems that they're just bad screenshots. All the ingame footage has bright, vibrant colours for the craft.

[edit: and who can forget the classic Feisar? :)]

gbit
15th March 2005, 08:20 PM
[some more OT]

Windows users can go:

start >> programs >> accessories >> system tools >> character map.

It'll let you paste any symbol directly into the clipboard, and tell you the correct
key combination.

BenjaminBirdie
15th March 2005, 08:56 PM
By the way, which trailer are you talking of, BenjaminBirdie ?
Don’t remember seeing something like MegaMall. Is it the dark track with rows of advertising everywhere ? I’d call it Mega Pinball… If Mega Mall is back, i’d like to see the spiral but even more impressive : what i've had in mind for a long time is lots of turbos before it and then the track following the walls of the cylinder almost 90° of inclination, just like throwing a marble in a pipe. This would be a great time !

There was a bit of green track surROUNDed by all types of crazy neon signs in one of the early trailers, I believe. I dunno, the glitz reminds me of Mega Mall, not necessarily anything track related.

Lance
15th March 2005, 09:21 PM
the Qirex looks decidedly non-brickish. the good part is that it looks evil, and wickedly fast. like it would cut out the hearts of its competitors without a second thought. if only it were really going to be fast. should be second only to Piranha, as in WO2

Assegai looks damn' fine.

Piranha looks a bit more bulbous than strictly necessary, but it's closer to Icaras than any of the others. and that is a good thing IMO

Auricom radically improved over the ugly clunk in fusion

Triakis too much like new Auricom

Feisar, pretty slick

Harimau, interesting

AG-S loooking gooood

Chill
15th March 2005, 10:50 PM
Hmmmmm, didn't see them until just recently. The Piranha went waaaayyy to far with the fishy look. It almost looks just like a sideways fish!!! :lol: Sorry to all the Piranha fans. :wink: My favorite design in looks would just have to be the Auricom, even though Assegai was always my all-time best craft. We'll just have to see how I think when a actually get to play my game (mabye in another life)lol.

Hybrid Divide
15th March 2005, 11:21 PM
I love this japanese site, but I think the question for all english speaking WipErs is: When will www.wipeoutpure.com have the translated site?

Prometheus
15th March 2005, 11:39 PM
I reckon the .com site will be the global site for updates downloads etc... the jap site is a sony site to promote the game... which makes sense for them to host all this graphics... eventually they'll put a link to the .com site...

Cammodude
16th March 2005, 03:43 AM
AG-Systems: Definetly best in show. I just love this design and how they seperated the thing into an "engine pod" and a "pilot pod" without making it look clunky and dorky.

Auricom: Not bad. It's actually more recognizable as an Auricom craft than the F-9000 ship. However, I think the fuselage could have been designed a little better.

Feisar: Tied with AG-Systems for sheer style in my book and has almost instantly become one of my favorite AG ships out of all that appeared in the Wipeout series.

Harimau: Looking pretty good, but not quite as good as AG-Systems or Feisar. However I do dig the color scheme!

Pirhana: Worst in show. Seriously, it looks like a shoe with a Tigeron engine blended to the back end.

Quirex: A very spiffy departure from the one AG-team that never seemed to change a whole lot throughout the Wipeout games. I had grown fond of the brick, so this one will take some getting used to. Nevertheless, I like it.

Triakis: *shrugs* The color scheme and the sharp, angular, uninspired shape of this ship gets the most neutral of neutral opinions from me. I don't hate it. I just really don't care about it.

Assegai: Nothing really stands out with this design. I liked the F-7200 Assegai better, but this one is good too.

My favorites in rank

1st AG-Systems
2nd Feisar
3rd Harimau
4th Quirex
5th Auricom
6th Assegai
7th Triakis
8th Pirhana

Asche XL
16th March 2005, 04:13 AM
I don't know if this should be asked in this thread, but I didn't feel like making a new one.
According to www.ebgames.com Wipeout Pure was suppose to be shipped today in the US, no?

Lance
16th March 2005, 12:24 PM
you don't need to make a new topic for this question; you can ask in the 'questions i want answered' thread in the PSP section

feiyen
18th March 2005, 12:34 PM
Urgh... Pure is so good, but the ship design is really really BAD! T_T
There's no one ship good looking... and also, the shadow sistem make them even more bad ;_;
They're OLD designed, un-stylish and too SMOOTH!
Too many ship with "2 arms", and the color scheme is... :(

i'm really sad... :cry:
i think Ossegoi, Piranha and AGsystem are the worst wipeout-ship design ever.

eLhabib
18th March 2005, 12:38 PM
I'm afraid you won't find many people agreeing here...

I, for one, think those are some of the greatest ship designs ever!

[no offense...]

feiyen
18th March 2005, 12:42 PM
i know i know, i've read the previous pages...
;___;

really bad, i'm so sad...
WHO is the designer?
WHY they don't give us back the TDR?

edit by Lance: Quotation eliminated[/b]

eLhabib
18th March 2005, 12:52 PM
I don't know why they couldn't get TDR to do it. Back in the days when I first read about Pure I was praying for TDR to do it, but now it seem StudioLiverpool has pulled off the trick just as well, so I don't mind THAT much. Still would have been nice though, just for the feel of it ;)

feiyen
18th March 2005, 01:06 PM
i think i'll pass Pure... :cry:

xEik
18th March 2005, 01:20 PM
Please don't start with the TDR crap. :roll:
We've been there too many times already.

They never designed the ships. They did billboards, team logos etc. but they did not design the ships or tracks or whatever.

feiyen
18th March 2005, 01:32 PM
Ok. But in wipEout the ships were excellent, in wipEout2097 very good... then... :cry:

These ones are too smooth, un-dynamic and un-stylish!

Rapier Racer
18th March 2005, 01:46 PM
You’re not going to Buy Wipeout Pure? Then yee are a fool!

eLhabib
18th March 2005, 02:30 PM
true.

eLhabib
18th March 2005, 02:35 PM
Ok. But in wipEout the ships were excellent, in wipEout2097 very good... then... :cry:

means you didn't like w3o's ships?

this man is crazy :roll:

G'Kyl
18th March 2005, 02:38 PM
Feiyen, here's one to agree with you. However much I didn't like Pure's overall design at first, I quickly came to terms with it. I think it's smooth, slick and stylish. Yet the same points you mentioned above crossed my mind when I saw those ships: Too much uninspired more-of-the-same the farther one progresses through the list of ships. But then I never gave much for the craft anyway. I'm still on pause - waiting to see how Pure turns out before I start celebrating or ranting or playing. :)

Ben

Salt|Ultra
18th March 2005, 02:38 PM
You’re not going to Buy Wipeout Pure? Then yee are a fool!

Well I guess taste is a personal thing so we should cut him some slack because... nah you're right he's a fool.

infoxicated
18th March 2005, 02:51 PM
To be honest I'm not keen on some of the ship designs myself - I don't like the AG Sys much, although you get used to it, and I think the Piranha is hideous.

But the Assegai is quite nice, and at least the Auricom is a bit of an evolution from the old W3 style rather than an abomination like it was in Fusion.

But anyone who still believes that DR designed the ships isn't really qualified to comment on anything at all, to be brutally honest. :roll:

feiyen
18th March 2005, 02:51 PM
this game is not F-Zero, this game is wipEout, and in wipEout the design is a big important thing, as the gameplay or the OST.
With a design like that Pure can be only a "nice game"... but to spend 250€ or more i want a masterpiece!

I'm glad that someone agrees with me ;)

:cry:

Shem
18th March 2005, 02:59 PM
heh, picky picky picky picky :D

I don't f****n' care if i fly the 'ugly' Piranha, or 'ugly' AG-Sys. I'll choose the fastest team around and master the tracks flying it. That's what I want to do with Pure. What's commited (previous ship designs) is history, nothing to cry about, unless you want to spend your whole life bitchin' about it. (that doesn't mean that I became a non-purist of it comes to Wipeout. I still think that W'O" rocks, nothing will change that). Cheers!

feiyen
18th March 2005, 03:03 PM
shem i can understand that someone really doesn't care about the ship design.
so, if you say "i just want to master the tracks" i can understand you.

but the ship design is still bad, and who cares about it can only... :cry:

G'Kyl
18th March 2005, 03:04 PM
I was just getting ready to write the same thing, Shem. :) I don't care much for the ship design. Yes, great design has always been one of the trademarks of the Wipeout series. But while I fly, I sit in my cockpit (not seeing any piece of my ship at all) and for the most part concentrate on mastering the track (not recognizing much of the obstacles before me). You get my point. ;-)

Ben

Shem
18th March 2005, 03:14 PM
I do care about the design, just read my post concerning the ship design in Pure. I just think that this is not the most important thing in Wipeout really. I know that Fusion had some bad ship design, and that was a problem. The problem was that the ship design of Fusion had very little to do with Wipeout or just a regular Wipeout ship design as such. Now, with pure it's all back to roots, and although you may find the ships badly designed, i think that they're not only to look at, but to fly with. I personally hate 2097 Pirahna design (i really think it was not as good as others, not to mention the fabulous 2097 Auricom), but i love to beat some records with it. As for the Icaras - if it was painted red and white (my country flag colours BTW...), and was a bit more maneouvreable, namely called AG-Sys - i'd praise it to my very end (but still i think that w3o's AG-sys design is the best so far). But i still fly Icaras to beat some records. It is a great team, the best one in w3o. The fact is, you just cannot have it all, but provided with what you see, you just gotta adjust. Bad ship design is not a reason for me not to buy Pure. Bad flight engine is for instance....but that's a different story.

feiyen
18th March 2005, 03:21 PM
For me the ship design is reeeeally important.
If i had already a PSP, i'd bought it.. but i haven't it, and spend 250+€ for an half-wipeout...

i think these ships are not so much better than fusion's ships...
bad smoothed, shaded and un-dynamic.

That's my point of view.

[sorry for bad english >.<]

Chill
18th March 2005, 03:24 PM
I thought the over-all craft design was pretty good; however, the pirahna really cought me off guard!!! :wink: And about the design of the crafts being too smooth and their designs, I'd agree with Shem. If Wipeout were a reallity (sorry to get off topic), then you would simply have to fly whatever came up as your teams design, not what kind of crafts you wanted to fly yourself (unless Wipeout became and independent sport), and the craft are designed on how well they fly, not how well they look (although looks come right after it's flying ability). So all that smooth surface is to hit the air at an incredible amount of speed, and the least wind resistance is the best. Remember, it's all about speed and control, not your eye's opinion. :wink: 8)

Shem
18th March 2005, 03:26 PM
heh, but at least they have closed canopy unlike some of the ships of Fusion. Heh, imagine flying over 1000 km/h with an open canopy cockpit........there wouldnt be much left of your head.... :D

Chill
18th March 2005, 03:29 PM
lol!! I never thought of that. Especially when hitting the top of your craft onto the top of the ceiling, I don't think the helmets can help much of that!!!! :)

feiyen
18th March 2005, 03:30 PM
if it was real, an human eye couldn't follow the speed of the game ;)
u can't tell which design is better for the aerodynamics... so it's better if we stand in the "eye-based opinion".
These crafts are bad.
Fast, good to control and master the tracks [maybe], but not goodlooking.

And for a wipEout game this is mad.

Chill
18th March 2005, 03:33 PM
if it was real, an human eye couldn't follow the speed of the game ;)
Won't be quite sure about that one until I try it. You never know, they could design some kind of goggles that would withstand speed better than the eye (like in Fusion), just a thought. :)

Colin Berry
18th March 2005, 03:39 PM
really bad, i'm so sad...
WHO is the designer?
WHY they don't give us back the TDR?

Why TDR - the good guys from there have long gone and they didnt design the ships in any of the previous games anyway, they were done by the artists as with every version.

Why do people have such myths about work TDR didnt do ??????
It is absolutely ridiculous, sorry if that sounds harsh but it is one thing that REALLY pisses me off, TDR get praise for stuff they had nothing to do with, its a joke.

Shem
18th March 2005, 03:41 PM
Yeah, but first they'd have to figure out a way to get rid of all the excitement :turd from the cockpit made by pilots. :lol:

feiyen
18th March 2005, 03:44 PM
@ Colin: ok, i understand. I was wrong, ok, but the point is the same... who is the ship-designer now? why they [sony and so on] took him?

bah...

Colin Berry
18th March 2005, 03:51 PM
@ Colin: ok, i understand. I was wrong, ok, but the point is the same... who is the ship-designer now? why they [sony and so on] took him?

bah...

They were done by several people, including guys who have worked on earlier versions of Wipeout, going back to 2097 in fact.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, there are always going to be ones you like and ones you dont, personally I choose my ship based on how it handles and plays rather than how it looks, but I think most of the ships look amazing, you really need to seem them 'in your hand' to get the best look at them.

As for the notion of the Music and Graphic design being as important as the gameplay, everytime I read that, or hear that - a part of me dies and I wonder if I should just make Music videos :cry:

Surely the main point on ship design is that True player play internal anyway :D

BenjaminBirdie
18th March 2005, 03:57 PM
All I know is that I saw a screen of Pirhana from behind and it looks a lot like a smooved out version of the Wip3out version which was, on record, my favorite ship design in the series, for some strange reason. When I'm rich, my first stop is to West Coast Customs with some pictures of that Pirhana and orders to turn my Scion Xb into a direct replica.

Concept
18th March 2005, 04:05 PM
Why TDR - the good guys from there have long gone and they didnt design the ships in any of the previous games anyway, they were done by the artists as with every version.

Why do people have such myths about work TDR didnt do ??????
It is absolutely ridiculous, sorry if that sounds harsh but it is one thing that REALLY pisses me off, TDR get praise for stuff they had nothing to do with, its a joke.

I don't think it's that people undervalue the work gone in elsewhere. tDR are percieved to have given the series a part of its aesthetic identity, and for me, along with the changed handling, their absence was felt in Fusion from a stylistic standpoint.

Having said this, I love what the current team has done with Pure. The series identity most importantly feels as if its come back. Everything from the menus, the HUD, the attract sequence etc. all have that minimalist futurism that's so important (for me) in establishing the series' atmosphere. To be honest, you really can't tell the touch of tDR is missing from what I've seen of Pure. The design is that concise and on the money.

All the subtle, underplayed intelligence, not to mention the distant, clincal feel that's always given the Wipeout universe its mystery, seem to be back. :)

Fusion felt too explict and turned on a tangent in comparison.

I don't think people really mean to under-appreciate the work by Psygnosis or Sony Leeds and Liverpool... and perhaps tDR were given more credit than they were worth, but along with the handling... that sublime and wonderfully muted and mysterious feel the series was always renouned for...

it's really good to see it back in full flow.

For me, Wipeout hasn't returned to its roots for six years. It's a long time, and in a sense welcoming Pure is like welcoming a new Zelda or Mario title. Something wondeful on the verge of realising its old identity again.

As a question, has Sony ever considered giving the game's universe more licence in the form of a GTA/RPG styled title? It'd be amazing to think what it'd be like to explore more of the world that forever seems to exist on the fringes. :)

In any case, I can't wait to read more reviews of Pure. I think this is the game which is going to persuade me to finally crack and import a US PSP.

Salt|Ultra
18th March 2005, 04:18 PM
As for the notion of the Music and Graphic design being as important as the gameplay, everytime I read that, or hear that - a part of me dies and I wonder if I should just make Music videos :cry:

People love shiny things and nice noises, but gameplay is what will have them playing it years from now.

Music videos heh... :lol:

feiyen
18th March 2005, 04:21 PM
FOR me it's important... i'm not saying that without a good gameplay the game will be good... i'm saying that i want a good gameplay AND a good design. And these crafts aren't good.

Surely the main point on ship design is that True player play internal anyway :D
Oh... so you can make green/fucsia rounded child toys... :roll:

Concept
18th March 2005, 04:25 PM
In the case of Wipeout though, I don't think the distinction is easily clear cut.

What baffles me about gameplay, is this emphasis that it's always separate from the asethetic design of a title. Atmosphere is important in helping to place the desire to progress in a title or come back to be intoxicated by certain aspects that help enrich the play experience.

Just as easily as gameplay, atmosphere can be developed by elements such as graphics or sound. Wipeout has always been in my opinion about getting in the zone and switching off. Eventually, you just kind of melt and absorb into the gameplay... I feel the minimalist and clear design helps players to more easily do that.

From a design point of view, with the right handling, a game's atmospheric sensibilites can be enriched by its various elements, which in turn aren't necessarily always play-related in the strictest sense.

This is why it's hard to define in my view, because gameplay isn't a separate device from the elements which represent it for us.

Colin Berry
18th March 2005, 04:29 PM
Agreed it is not easy to separate, and without the stunning visuals and music and sfx pure wouldnt be what it is, but look at fusion.
It had lovely visuals, nice enough graphic design and music, but didnt play as well as it could have.
If the music and graphic design had been even better, it still wouldnt have compensated for the gameplay ending up unbalanced and weapon heavy

Concept
18th March 2005, 04:34 PM
True. Gameplay is certainly (overall) more important to design than the surrounding elements representing it.

I suppose its about balance... perhaps a slightly obvious example would be a lot of EA Sports titles, where the emphasis on 'slick' presentation can at times feel over cooked, and almost an apology for a lack of depth in some areas.

What Wipeout historically has achieved well is a balance between minimliast design and highly focused gameplay. It was always very easy to get into and lose yourself in.

I think if Pure can recapture that essence, that marriage between gameplay and presentation in terms of balance, then it's more or less going to be the PSP's key first generation title.

Colin Berry
18th March 2005, 04:53 PM
feiyen, apologies if i came across as harsh or arsey btw, i didnt mean to :)

its just TDR get so much praise and yet our in house graphic design lads have done a great job on this one.

BenjaminBirdie
18th March 2005, 04:59 PM
I can echo that on presentation alone. The menus I've seen look absolutely gorgeous, and I'm quite infatuated with the new logos.

Special Bonus Props:
The cover iconography for 'Multiplayer', 'Memory Card Needed', and (my favorite) 'Downloadable Content'. All design ought to be this slick while being ever so functional.

feiyen
18th March 2005, 05:01 PM
colin, i understand.
the tracks seems to be very good, also the general design... but you are wrong about the crafts.

Take me! :D
Take me for the next wipeout, i'm a noob with 3d graphs [only a basic maya knowledge], but i'm good in 2d design. I can make stylish crafts for you. For free T_T

lol... ok. Stop whining, feiyen.

hope for the next wipeout ;_;

Concept
18th March 2005, 05:05 PM
I can echo that on presentation alone. The menus I've seen look absolutely gorgeous, and I'm quite infatuated with the new logos.

And don't forget the attract sequence. The best since Wipeout 2097.

The key thing is tDR's absence isn't felt from what I've seen of Pure.

If anything, it shows that the series isn't reliant on their presence to help form an identity, because the design is just...

You can tell in five seconds flat from looking over a few screens that Wipeout has properly returned in terms of its individuality.

Concept
18th March 2005, 05:07 PM
Oh yeah, and whoever brought Photek and Cold Storage back deserves major kudos.

Photek's Third Sequence defined 2097's soundscape for me.

eLhabib
18th March 2005, 05:38 PM
feiyen, you're pissing me off a bit! do you really think you can pull off better craft designs than some of the guys who have worked on W'O'' for...like...EVER!?

Give those artists the respect they deserve, and stop whining!

And to StudioLiverpool and everyone who is involved in Pure: I LOVE YOU. Seriously, I do. I have been waiting for the comeback of true W'O'' for years!

feiyen
18th March 2005, 05:45 PM
feiyen, you're pissing me off a bit! do you really think you can pull off better craft designs than some of the guys who have worked on W'O'' for...like...EVER!?

yes.
i think i can do crafts better than pure's one.

am i wrong?
maybe... i still think that.

Anyway... it seems here no one can say something in Pure isn't good, so i "stop whining" :roll:
On the next wipeout, please, put some goodlooking crafts.

Lance
18th March 2005, 05:52 PM
the person who owes an apology to someone is not Colin, but feiyen, who is behaving like the typical ignorant adolescent who worships Designer's Republic without even knowing what they did and did not do. i would be a good deal less tolerant of such uninformed personal bias pretending to be universally applicable Truth. Colin was a model of forbearance in this instance; but having dealt with this kind of arrogant ignorance so many times, i will be less forbearing.

feiyen, ship design is a matter of personal taste; who the **** are you to say that designs are ''bad'' or ''good''? you can say which ones you like, and which ones you do not like, but do not make the mistake of assigning an absolute value to a design or to your own opinions. you have now behaved like an idiot troll and inflamed the more rational people here to respond to your unjust accusations and assumptions, and consumed their time and mine, and by doing so have insulted all of us, but most particularly Colin. i demand that you apologise to him NOW.

Colin Berry
18th March 2005, 06:00 PM
Aaah dont worry about it. He is entitled to his opinion and I'm pretty sure people will say worse things :)

we are all big enough, daft enough and thick skinned enough to take it.

The only thing that bugs me is when people think TDR was responsible for almost everything in the first three games. They werent, and that does down the great work the liverpool and leeds teams did on those games (I didnt have any part of them btw)

What TDR did was good, but they didnt do everything that was good :)

Lance
18th March 2005, 06:05 PM
i appreciate your large and tolerant spirit, Colin, but it is my duty, as i see it, to maintain a level of intelligence, rationality, and civility on this forum. if this ignorant little twit does not apologise, he will be banned from the forums.

[and yes, i realise that i may be departing a bit from strict civility by the intensity of the language i used; i react badly to persistent fools and do not tolerate them]

eLhabib
18th March 2005, 06:28 PM
and you're right.

feiyen
18th March 2005, 06:39 PM
the person who owes an apology to someone is not Colin, but feiyen, who is behaving like the typical ignorant adolescent who worships Designer's Republic without even knowing what they did and did not do.

i said i was wrong about that about 20 post ago... have you read the topic?

I haven't said something offensive to Colin, i just said that for me the ship design is bad.
I'm 20, i know by myself if i have to excuse to Colin, and even if i want to do that, i'll do in a private way.

I haven't said "the ships are bad, STOP". I said WHY are bad.

I'm not good with english, so it's possible that something that i said is offensive, but i really didnt' want to do it. If so, i'm sorry for that.

For the TDR-question, i repeat, i'm not so good-informed about the backscene of wipEout, i just guessed the ship were of TDR because TDR did the design... i was wrong, and i said it. Amen.

You called me ignorant little twit does, fool, ignorant adolescent and so on... you don't know nothing about me, so YOU have to ask sorry for that.
I never wanted to be offensive with Colin, i just said my point of view.

And for the "ship design is a matter of personal taste", i think you're really wrong: if it was like that, how can the project leader say "this ship is ok, that is bad"? So you can make an ugly design and no one can say that is ugly. There are some things like "roundness", "good color scheme", "balance" that are absolute i think. And i repeat, when i said "bad" i said also "WHY bad".

I hope you can understand this spaghetti-english, i never wanted to offense anyone.

Thruster2097
18th March 2005, 06:48 PM
feiyen, I am sure that everyone had good intentions here, but the designers republic is a very delicate subject. Not many people truly realise that all TDR ever done was some pretty pictures and a fontstyle. The rest is all sony.
Lance and I have been through this before.
TDR have just supplied the icing onto the cake that is WipEout.
And even though it was just icing, it was still michelin-star worthy icing!

feiyen
18th March 2005, 06:55 PM
I think TDR done more than "a fontstyle and some pretty pictures".
They have created the "visual identity" of wipeout... i said it because it wil be my job [i hope] one day, i'm studing Industrial Design for Communication.

I can understand how it feels Colin to see TDR get merit when they didn't make the ships design, i just didn't know that! :)

tapioca
18th March 2005, 07:02 PM
About TDR, I'd like to have a precision just to make it clear in people's mind. Everybody knows that they designed the logos, packaging and interface, but were they involved in ship layouts (logo placement and painting) ? That might be where many guys here are a little confused.

Hope this will prevent from "over-venerating" TDR.

As a graphic designer, i have to admit that even if i love what they did for WO3 (IMO the best overall design), it sometimes lacked functionality : some of the letters in the menu font, ship info too tiny for tv screen application - solved in SE though - and some inrace infos not usable unless pausing the game.

Lance
18th March 2005, 07:14 PM
feiyen, i have read every word of every post on these forums since they began. by asking me the question, you show your own lack of appreciation for what constitutes an insult.

the only wrongdoing you admitted concerned your ignorance in thinking DR designed the ships. you did not show any recognition that your thoughts are opinions, not universal facts. the appearance of a videogame ship is most certainly a matter of taste, since the ships performance is unaffected by it. i like some of the very ones that you dislike. each person on these forums has his/her own set of aesthetic preferences, and own list of favourites and non-favourites. are you saying that only your judgement counts?

your criticism of the ship design in Pure was as follows:
''Urgh... Pure is so good, but the ship design is really really BAD! T_T
There's no one ship good looking... and also, the shadow sistem make them even more bad ;_;
They're OLD designed, un-stylish and too SMOOTH!
Too many ship with "2 arms", and the color scheme is... ''

at no point in that criticism is there anything other than your personal preferences. are you unable to see that your personal preferences do not equal 'fact', do not equal 'true for everyone'?

you say you are 20 years old, but a person's chronological age has no direct link to their level of social grace, nor their level of information, nor their maturity.
i do not care how old you are; i care about how you act in this forum, and so far, you have acted without maturity, without knowledge, without wisdom, and are clearly unable to determine when you have offended someone and when an apology is due. that is why i pointed out that your apology is owed to Colin for your own presumption of excellence and rightness, and your saying that the disigners of the ships are incompetent because they didn't design something you personally like..

''you don't know nothing about me, so YOU have to ask sorry for that.''
i know what you have stated in this topic, and it demonstrates very clearly that you are an ignorant and insulting twit. i owe you no apology for pointing out this defect in your behaviour

Axel
18th March 2005, 07:21 PM
please, the guy just apologised. I hate it when peeps get serious over something so trivia. I just say be greatful he even apologised, least he is a good willing to say that. Some people in this world dont even bother when they are proved wrong. Cut this guy some slack.

Hybrid Divide
18th March 2005, 07:26 PM
Wow, man.

This has gone off topic...

Um... How about that Japanese WipEout PurE site!

I sure wish I could read what it all said!

Let's move on, fellow pilots.
Let's just enjoy the newest game to our favorite series.

:D

Axel
18th March 2005, 07:30 PM
hehehehe
*Axel slaps Vagrant with a smelly fish :P

feiyen
18th March 2005, 07:33 PM
No insult, you said me a thing that i aswered 20 post before [the TDR question], so it's normal if i ask you if you read the topic...

The critics for the crafts are clear:

- too smoothed line*
- some ships are unbalanced
- color scheme not too good
- too many ships with the 2 arms

* i think to show the potential in polygon count of PSP... mah :)

After this, maybe i've said something unpopular, but i never offence anyone, and you cannot do that to me, even if you are moderator/admin/i don't know.

without maturity, without knowledge, without wisdom, and are clearly unable to determine when you have offended someone and when an apology is due

!!!

is more "knowledge" to know that TDR didn't make the ship design, or that a ship is goodlookin or not?
i can determine when i offend someone, but i have *little* problems with english, so if i did it i ask sorry for that.

I repeat, if i have to apologize to Colin i'll do in private.
You have to apologize to me for the insults you said and still saying to me.

Lance
18th March 2005, 07:35 PM
i do hope that wasn't a five days dead cod :)

Sausehuhn
18th March 2005, 07:39 PM
this thread is about the japanese website?

oh, yes, now I'm taking a look at the topic and you're right!

We should talk about that site!

I don't know what I think about it, it looks like there aren't so many informations, and the way the ships are shown isn't very good. Another view would be better, ones like in the backgrounds. *

* that are just my opinions!! :lol:

feiyen
18th March 2005, 07:42 PM
I don't know what I think about it, it looks like there aren't so many informations, and the way the ships are shown isn't very good. Another view would be better, a ones like in the backgrounds. *

You're so right!
The jpgs of the crafts are too compressed, and the shading has too contrast with the background! =)
(look at the ossegoi :))

Sausehuhn
18th March 2005, 07:45 PM
yep! and it's assegai by the way

feiyen
18th March 2005, 07:47 PM
emh... :oops:

Lance
18th March 2005, 07:50 PM
feiyen said:
'' too smoothed line*
- some ships are unbalanced
- color scheme not too good
- too many ships with the 2 arms''

yes, i aready quoted that before. i repeat that these criticisms are based only on your personal preferences; the characteristics are just something that you dislike; they are not fundamental absolute flaws of design. they are not characteristics that everyone dislikes. by saying that they are 'bad' design in some absolute universal sense, you are incorrect and are also insulting the people who made the designs. how would you react if someone said that your designs are 'bad'?

------------

it is not your relative language skill that is causing the problem; it is your feeling that your own opinions are universal truths. it is clear that you are at this phase in your life unable to see this, and that i would be wasting my time and everybody else's time and patience to pursue this discussion any further.

------------------

back to the topic.

Sausehuhn
18th March 2005, 07:50 PM
@ feiyen
Don't worry. I even didn't know what the NX1000 was (or will be)! :lol:

@ Lance
we were allready back to the topic! 8)

Chill
18th March 2005, 08:48 PM
Don't mean to but in, but if you have time to waste, Lance (which really wouldn't be wasted for the use of education), you should finish your argument over PMs (not that you didn't already know that :wink: ). You really wouldn't be wasting anyone elses time if you did this. I still think that this argument shouldn't have even been started (because I'm sure that others are sure that feiyen was just giving his opinion, and hoping for others that would agree), so we should just leave it at that, ya? :)

The only thing I thought was ugly was the Pirahna, the others look alright to me. And I'm sure the Pirahna can grow on me, just like anything can, so I'm pretty much cool with all of it. "Let's just all chill together and be friends, ya?" 8) ->quote motivated by Bob Marley. :wink:

Dimension
18th March 2005, 08:54 PM
what have people got against the pirhana? It's my favourite ship of the lot. Oh well, each to their own, also out of interest, the Harimou has a very similar colour scheme to the FEISAR don't you think? 8O

Lance
18th March 2005, 08:56 PM
:) Mr. Roadrunner, sir, you were, but i wasn't. ;)

Chill, i already said i was finished with that discussion. there is no point in continuing in any venue to reason with someone whose ability to analyse his own thoughts is not yet sufficiently developed.

Dimension, i love every Piranha/Pirhana design there has been so far [though i thought that Fusion's was the weakest]. i think it must be that they dislike that the bulge in the front section makes the Pure version less lean and razory. but it looks a bit more fishlike. fish are the most aero/hydrodynamic creatures of all, and they pretty much generally bulge more in the front third than elsewhere

Chill
18th March 2005, 08:59 PM
. Chill, i already said i was finished with that discussion. there is no point in continuing in any venue to reason with someone whose ability to analyse his own thoughts is not yet sufficiently developed.
Don't mean to be rude, and this is the last of it, but then why do you always add some kind of rude comment at the end?!! :? It certainly doesn't seem like you really want to be finished. And that is the rest of it, I'll keep my mouth shut about it for now on!! :wink:

Thruster2097
18th March 2005, 09:01 PM
what, the PurE piranha?
It looks too rounded at the front, whereas all the others are angular and pointy. And it looks like a footprint!
Not necessarily bad design, just a little too different maybe?
Hey, it might grow on me in the same way that calling "flash" a speed class has.

:edit
Chill, follow your own advice and calm down.
Also, stop trying to always have the last say. Besides, we ended the violence way up there !

Dimension
18th March 2005, 09:05 PM
I like the rounded front, maybe it's just the angle of it but I kinda reminds me of some kinda space cruiser-ish thing, looks like it should be about the size of a city :D But enough of that, I just think it looks nice and smooth, the Harimou is also very good and that thing's design's not too far away, it swells out nearer the cockpit rather than the front though, something tells me that'll make some kind of large difference in top speed, the Harimou looks almost like a dragster with those little wings on the back :) must just be me :roll:

Chill
18th March 2005, 09:09 PM
OFF TOPIC:

Chill, follow your own advice and calm down.
Also, stop trying to always have the last say. Besides, we ended the violence way up there !
Gotcha!!! :wink: Chill needs to chill, that won't be a problem, thanx thruster!!! :)
:OFF TOPIC

Lance
18th March 2005, 09:11 PM
Chill, in my opinion, it was not rude, but was an accurate summation of the current state of things

Thruster2097
18th March 2005, 09:14 PM
From an aerodynamics point of view, the fastest shape will be much like a teardrop, so I guess the piranha may have a small advantage in speed. Is Harimau the new Icaras or not?

Dimension
18th March 2005, 09:34 PM
could be, we won't know until we find ut the stats though, will we? :D

Lance
18th March 2005, 09:36 PM
'the first shall be best'

Cammodude
19th March 2005, 02:38 AM
could be, we won't know until we find ut the stats though, will we? :D

Or until one of us goes out of our way to translate the Japanese. :wink:

Chill
19th March 2005, 05:18 AM
'the first shall be best'
What do you mean the first? :wink:

Thruster2097
19th March 2005, 07:46 PM
I think its a reference to my "harimau is the new icaras".
The icaras is/was first, therefore the best.
And now the ship stats are up, the icaras promises to knockout the harimau in every competition!

Seek100
19th March 2005, 08:02 PM
Assuming Icaras' stats haven't been altered to accomodate for the fact that Piranha is now exactly like an Icaras.

Fortunately no one will be knocking everyone out in every race, the stats are balanced so that no one has decisive advantage like Icaras did in w3o - even though the handling was meant to be crap to make up for it's awesome speed a good pilot could take it round bends without slowing down making it's 'crap' handling a rather pointless compromise and making sure the timetables are full of nothing but Icaras. :?

BenjaminBirdie
19th March 2005, 08:32 PM
No, no, no. "The first is the best."

The fastest ship is the one that crosses the finish line first.

DUR.

Thruster2097
19th March 2005, 08:37 PM
:lol:

Possible icaras reference.
Possible winner reference.

I dont know which one is right, and more to the point its not that important.

Icaras is usually the winner anyways, so both statements are true!

Sausehuhn
8th April 2005, 03:44 PM
Page is updated.

2005.04.06 Section ON-LINE
2005.04.08 Cection WORLD (Movie of www.wipeoutpure.com)

nothing really new :roll:

Sausehuhn
18th April 2005, 12:42 PM
3 sections are updated.
Looks really good.
And there's sound know

>> http://www.playstation.jp/scej/title/wipeout/

edit:

there are differneces between the soundtracks (or just mistakes by the creator of the site)
normal ost says:
Cosmos: Kinection
japanese ost says:
Cosmos (Tom meddleton): Nu Skool
--
normal ost says:
The System by T Power
japanese ost says:
System by Shy FX

Concept
18th April 2005, 04:06 PM
I wonder why they've tried to change Shy FX's name in the US version?

Surely it would make more sense to keep it, considering he's still a fairly big act in drum'n'bass (his track doesn't fit Pure though in my view).

Sausehuhn
2nd June 2005, 03:48 PM
Maybe someone could translate this into english (or german :lol: )
it was edited to the japanese site 2 days ago.

>> http://www.playstation.jp/scej/impression/wipe.html

defor
3rd June 2005, 02:19 PM
Just skimming, it's an overview of the game and what it offers, and a tthe end (which I suspect is what was updated) It mentions the 2 gamma packs....
Overall, nothing new...

Gonaka
3rd June 2005, 03:32 PM
is it just me or dows anyone find www.wipeoutpure.com site a little useless in providing information? nice video there mind, but nohting else. am i missing something??

eLhabib
3rd June 2005, 03:58 PM
gotta click on U.S. in the selection at the start to get the full scoop.

Lion
3rd June 2005, 03:59 PM
try clicking through to usa instead of anywhere else in the world
edit: defeated :\

eLhabib
3rd June 2005, 04:07 PM
by one minute, that is 8)

Amaroq Dricaldari
12th October 2012, 09:37 PM
I saw this thread and got curious, so I clicked on the link and decided to use Bing (yes, Bing) to translate the Webpage, and I saw something that said "Mini-CHallenge Download Service Discontinued". What are these "Mini-Challenges"?