PDA

View Full Version : The Questions I want answered

Pages : 1 [2]

yawnstretch
16th February 2005, 10:15 PM
Im not sure... needs some digesting. Granted this isnt the first time the 'aerial maneuvre' has been mentioned but I reckon it's something like burnout 3's powerslides?

Maybe not because the ships kinda drag when you airbrake anyway...

Perhaps it's a quick, strafe-dodge? The only way to be sure is to play it oneself. Damnit, I wish they'd let one of us play so we could be reassured.
:arrow: I'd happily buy plane tickets to test it out!

Shem
16th February 2005, 10:27 PM
It could be a strafe-dodge!

"(...)and a new slide maneuver adds an extra burst of maneuverability - perfect for avoiding those last second obstacles(...)"

sounds just like it. I don't know, "there's something fishy about this....." I don't think I want Wipeout to become a game with that kind of maneuveres...

Dimension
16th February 2005, 10:44 PM
Hmm, how exactly would we go about pulling off one of these manoeuvres? Beat-em up style combo? As in: bash X, square, triangle and O all at once while pressing down and the L button!? *makes inevitable contact with the wall*

G'Kyl
16th February 2005, 10:48 PM
It was rather sliding than controling the situation.

Only for the weak! ;-)

What do you people think?

Honestly, I can't make much of it. A slide maneuver, hmmm... All I got so far are questions. 1) If this was something different from airbrakes, then where is the button to activate it going to be? 2) Why have something new apart from airbrakes in the first place? 3) There ARE going to be airbrakes, right?... 4) If everything is going to be as we are used to it, then why mention a "new maneuver"? 5) Have they cut airbrakes because shoulder buttons are going to be used for weapons firing and dropping? I'd really like to know what this is about.

Ben

Rapier Racer
16th February 2005, 10:52 PM
maybe it cuts the engine out, I got the idea from killer loop where you could cut the engine out and slide around corners although it wasen't really necessary,

have they cut airbrakes because shoulder buttons are going to be used for weapons firing and dropping?

i thought mr berry said the buttons could be user difined?

Thruster2097
16th February 2005, 10:55 PM
I am thinking a spinnie-kinda move, along the very copyright-strewn path of F-Zero.

Lord god I hope not!
8O

Dimension
16th February 2005, 10:57 PM
maybe there are some kind of obstacles in the air with which this is associated to the so called "air manoeuvres", only thing I can really think about if you're talking air manoeuvres is some kind of boost since there is no boost botton, that's gotta be an advantageous one :)

yawnstretch
16th February 2005, 11:04 PM
maybe it cuts the engine out, I got the idea from killer loop where you could cut the engine out and slide around corners although it wasen't really necessary,

have they cut airbrakes because shoulder buttons are going to be used for weapons firing and dropping?

Ahh ;) But did he? If I recall correctly he said everything apart from the L and R would be user-defined.

Lance
16th February 2005, 11:08 PM
i think they mean the kind of lateral slide in Killer Loop where the ship can be slid from one side of the track to the other, with no change in the direction of the ship, as though it had been put on a roller dolly and simply moved directly sideways. the maneuver mentioned by Dimension is not produced by the slide controls, but by normal steering with the ship operating in a coast mode like a freewheel. on this coasting free spin, you could turn around and fire at the ships behind you with a clear normal view of them, but slide is a simpler thing that allows you to slip to one side of an obstacle [like your competitors] without upsetting the orientation of your ship so that you could avoid swinging the tail or nose into the wall

G'Kyl
16th February 2005, 11:19 PM
maybe it cuts the engine out, I got the idea from killer loop

Ah, and how much I hated it. ;) It had no real use, apart from making controls even more difficult than they already were (I played with manual magnet control so I'd have full control over my craft). Anyway...

Even then they would have to make up for a PSP having fewer buttons than a DoubleShock.

The closest thing of a one-button slide is, again (sorry ;) ), Quantum Redshift. You would just press "slide" and the crafts would do some sort of WO-like airbrake maneuver. Anyway, I guess we will have to be surprised. Yet I WILL miss regular airbrakes should they not be there. :)

Ben

yawnstretch
16th February 2005, 11:29 PM
Funny thing is I always imagined that 'aerial manoeuvre' meant some kind of acrobatic move - not some new style of dodging.

I guess we'll just have to sit tight and pray :D

silaris
16th February 2005, 11:49 PM
with no change in the direction of the ship, as though it had been put on a roller dolly and simply moved directly sideways.

like Ridge Racer?

Lance
17th February 2005, 12:13 AM
no, not in the slightest like Ridge Racer. it is like standing in ordinary shoes on an ice rink and being slid sidewise at the same time you are being pushed straight forward. there is no yaw [no pivoting around the center], no turning moment. to put it another way, the fore-and-aft axis of the ship remains in a parallel alignment with the path it was already following before the slide was applied.

zargz
17th February 2005, 12:31 AM
I'd go with the airbreaks >> what button are we supposed to use if it's something else??! :?

:?: Also I got another Question!!! 8O

now that we know that we'll be able to save 1-lap TT ghosts I assume ( and would like to have confirmed )
that we are going to make those in a infinite laps Time Trial like in wo64?
*awaitng in suspended silence* 8O gulp ..

Preaterea censeo autopilotum esse delandam

Rapier Racer
17th February 2005, 03:23 PM
about the multi-player mode, how is the position you get on the start grid decided? is it totally random each time?

mid
17th February 2005, 04:16 PM
My guess for ariel manouevers:

You know when you airbrake left and push right, or vice-versa? I've always thought that should slide you nicely anyway, so maybe it does now.

zargz
17th February 2005, 07:06 PM
yeah! you are talking about the counterbreaking as we call it around here! 8)

Praeterea censeo autopilotum esse delendam

Asayyeah
17th February 2005, 07:27 PM
If it's something like taping airbrakes on blue pads , i'll vote for :lol: ( even i am sure it's not that)
Back to the roots Colin said !!

you are talking about the counterbreaking
Especially in W3O this kind of manouever if it's well done could get you an extra time advantage.

Lance
17th February 2005, 08:09 PM
as a former English Literature major, i am really really tempted to edit those last three posts. :D

Asayyeah
17th February 2005, 08:23 PM
:oops: long time..-...no english spoken...-... unavoidable mistakes...-...
end of GB transmission...-...my brain is boiling...
:lol:

Lance
17th February 2005, 09:03 PM
:D i'm just kidding. it's an international forum with people from so many countries who don't speak English natively [i love that! so many of us from around the world coming together here. i love the internet.] just think of the linguistic atrocities i'd commit in other languages if they were the standard on a forum i was a member of. yikes!
i envy all of you who can speak more than one language.

Asayyeah
17th February 2005, 09:31 PM
zargz is pretty good to speak different languages. 8)
Lance you know many words in french it's a good start for vacations in south of France :wink:

mid
18th February 2005, 10:24 AM
I'm from the UK, however, and have no excuse. Counterbraking isn't something I've really experimented with much, but I can see how using it to slide sideways through the optional tunnel on Stanza is just the job for it.

G'Kyl
18th February 2005, 11:19 AM
Sorry for dwelling off-topic a bit longer ;), but what's great about mistakes from foreign speakers is that these mistakes give clear evidence of grammatical features of his/her mothertongue (as long as the rest of the sentence is more or less correct, that is). If they continue to repeat the same deviance, it is most probably a direct translation from their native grammer. You can make good use of this in typological issues - one of my favourite aspects of my studies. :)
OK, and now something completely different...

zargz
18th February 2005, 06:28 PM
Lance you know many words in french it's a good start for vacations in south of France :wink:and you (Lance) understood when I was explaning about no other lenguages than english for pernambuco! :D
could it be coz you live in florida?

Lance
18th February 2005, 09:00 PM
no. it's because i'm online a lot and when i search for whatever i'm highly interested in at the time, i run across websites in many languages and attempt to read them without a translator. many words in English are derived from Latin and therefore have a similarity to French, Spanish, and Italian forms of the same words. often i can infer the meanings of other words because of the ones i already understand and therefore what sort of words and meanings are likely to be associated with them. i can also partially understand German, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, and Norwegian this way, but not nearly to the degree i can understand the Roman derived ones.

even though i live in Florida and there are a lot of Spanish-speaking people here, i don't get out much, so i have very few conversations at all, much less with people speaking any particular non-English language group.

zargz
18th February 2005, 10:16 PM
.. i can also partially understand German, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, and Norwegian this way, but not nearly to the degree i can understand the Roman derived onesstrange considering that english is a German lenguage and not Latin .. http://www.geocities.com/zargz/leenden/phm.gif hmm!

Lance
18th February 2005, 11:20 PM
only the most basic and simple part of English is still based on Germanic variants. but a polysyllabic cuss like myself tends to use complex English, most of which is derived from Latin and Greek. the Latin as a result of the Norman conquest of England [Norman was real happy about that one.], and Greek from the scientific revolution. so i am not good at complex statements in non-Latin, non-Greek derived words in German or Scandinavian languages. like i understand basic or internet related words such as hemseite, but not much farther than that

Colin Berry
22nd February 2005, 03:30 PM
Slide manoeuvre ?

ay yi yi

wait n see :P

oh and this is unrelated to the air move.

Thruster2097
22nd February 2005, 05:48 PM
oh youre such a tease! :P

zargz
1st March 2005, 06:58 AM
back on topic! :mrgreen:
can the voice ,that tells you the weapons, be turned off?http://www.geocities.com/zargz/leenden/huh.gif

yawnstretch
1st March 2005, 09:22 AM
I've a question: Who do I have to kill to get Wipeout Pure immediately?! :evil:

I've my order coming in from Canada - it just KILLS me that people will probably be playing it for a week and a half before I see it :!:

silaris
1st March 2005, 06:15 PM
@yawnstretch : don't feel bad, you're not the only one here with that problem, I have to wait till the second shipment of PSPs come in before i can play Pure. I, of course, will own Pure the day it comes out, but I'll prob ban myself from this site so I won't get tempted by everyone talking about Pure, lol

Who knows, I'll prob get it sooner than expected, yet I hear it'll be 2 weeks before the next shipment comes, so i'll be digesting the Pure manual.

Dimension
1st March 2005, 06:23 PM
man silaris, that's rough; WO purE without a PSP, i'm sure that'll get on your nerves quickly :lol: I'm just hoping there'll be plenty of PSPs and copies of purE available on the UK release date *cross my fingers*

Salt|Ultra
2nd March 2005, 03:55 AM
@yawnstretch : don't feel bad, you're not the only one here with that problem, I have to wait till the second shipment of PSPs come in before i can play Pure. I, of course, will own Pure the day it comes out, but I'll prob ban myself from this site so I won't get tempted by everyone talking about Pure, lol

Who knows, I'll prob get it sooner than expected, yet I hear it'll be 2 weeks before the next shipment comes, so i'll be digesting the Pure manual.

You might want to check again with your retailer, Sony has just stated that the million units they planned to ship to the US before March 31st has turned in to 1 million units on launch day, you might get one in the first shipment yet.

BenjaminBirdie
2nd March 2005, 06:07 PM
Will downloadable content be available permanently? Like, if I don't get a PSP until the end of the year, I won't miss out on any of the DLC between Launch and then, correct?

Salt|Ultra
2nd March 2005, 09:28 PM
Will downloadable content be available permanently? Like, if I don't get a PSP until the end of the year, I won't miss out on any of the DLC between Launch and then, correct?

I would bet that there will be plenty of people here that would have a copy of it for you. Assuming it is not pay content (I think they said it would be free) then there should be no reason why it could not be shared.

I for one intend to archive a copy just in case my Memory stick gets lost (pretty unlikely) or dies (very unlikely). Better safe than sorry.

RJ O'Connell
2nd March 2005, 11:56 PM
I have a few quick questions:

1. Will you be able to download "classic" ships and weapons?
2. Pilot personalities, back or not? (And would they affect the craft characteristics?)
3. Will super weapons be back?

Asche XL
3rd March 2005, 02:41 AM
I don't know if this was asked or not, but, does pressing up or down on the joystick-dpad effect the craft at all (ie 1 or xl) or are the ships like gocarts (fusion)?

Dimension
3rd March 2005, 06:56 AM
I believe it was said that ship pitching is back so yes to Asche XL's question. @ RJ, again i'm only thinking back but if i remember rightly, Colin said that the pilots were gone, but that might have just been one of the member assumptions :? Not sure about the super weapons, but the second developer interview on gamespot said that there would be about double the tracks when you add all of the downloadable content, so I suppose there's also the possibility for old ships, or possibly just old ship paint jobs, doubtful on the weapons thing though :?

yawnstretch
6th March 2005, 12:34 PM
Can people with a euro version play multiplayer against people with a US version?

I've already paid for wipeout US so I can have it immediately but Im concerned because this particular question hasnt been addressed anywhere on the net that I can find.

I'm aware that with some games this might be a problem but to be honest I don't care about other games! - whats the story with Wipeout?

Sven
6th March 2005, 08:45 PM
PSP games are effectively regionless, so I don't see why not...

Salt|Ultra
7th March 2005, 03:59 AM
The region coding has nothing to do with multiplayer connectivity (Unless Sony purposely made it that way, which seems wrong).

The way I understand it is that when a game undergoes localization and/or optimisation, it causes the multiplayer code to become incompatible with other versions (since the game is effectively a different game). Now what this means for Pure I can't say, because I don't have any inside info and because Pure may or may not need any changes between the US and UK/EU versions. The only games I know so far that don't work are games where the US and JPN version don't link together. I would assume that they had to under go more changes than Pure will need between the US and EU version. So there is a possibility that Pure will be able to link up between different versions.

Without word from some one that actually [b]knows]/b], the safe thing to assume for the time being is that the US and EU version will not work together in multiplayer.

zargz
7th March 2005, 08:33 AM
well better safe than sorry so I'll buy my purE when it gets out here in da EU! :roll:

yawnstretch
7th March 2005, 08:50 AM
To be honest I'll buy the US version anyway but it'd be nice to have the comfort of knowing I dont have to try and sell it again before the EU version is released.

Asayyeah
7th March 2005, 04:44 PM
well better safe than sorry so I'll buy my purE when it gets out here in da EU! :roll:

Same here, multiplayer is probably the greatest & funniest aspect of the game ...so i can not imagine not to be able to play through wifi with my ' french possee' :)

Colin Berry
9th March 2005, 02:37 PM
Can people with a euro version play multiplayer against people with a US version?

I've already paid for wipeout US so I can have it immediately but Im concerned because this particular question hasnt been addressed anywhere on the net that I can find.

I'm aware that with some games this might be a problem but to be honest I don't care about other games! - whats the story with Wipeout?

As far as I am aware you can not link US with Euro - it is to do with the network code base.

My recommendation.... if you are in Europe, wait for the European version !
:D

Dimension
9th March 2005, 02:51 PM
word from the Horse's mouth, I'm waiting for the UK version :D

The Boye
9th March 2005, 05:50 PM
I'm waiting for teh US version, as are 2 of my mates. We'll be playing multiPurE at the end of the month. :wink:

yawnstretch
9th March 2005, 06:55 PM
As far as I am aware you can not link US with Euro - it is to do with the network code base.

My recommendation.... if you are in Europe, wait for the European version !
:D

Well at least I know for sure now... TWO wipeouts on their way to me! Still if I ever get this wireless network card or whatever it is I need for tunneling the possibility of playing against people here may arise.

Anyone have any direct quotes on whether psp tunneling is slow/medium/woeful lag?

edit by Lance: quote of an entire post was reduced to the part actually being commented on.

Ally Graham
9th March 2005, 08:11 PM
Don't be so greedy :wink:

Where as the rest of us waiting for the Europe release will get the Euro copy.

Hybrid Divide
9th March 2005, 10:05 PM
If tunnel software seems to work, I'll buy the euro version to play against you guys! :D

I'll probably buy it anyway, just to have all the versions!

Thruster2097
9th March 2005, 11:24 PM
Okay, okay.
Dont get too techhie with me, but how can you connect your psp in america to ours in europe? WiFi isnt that good, surely!

Dimension
10th March 2005, 12:24 AM
I think some gaming hardcore peeps are using tunneling software that lets your WiFi connect to your NIC and then to the net, then it's just like online gaming, this was discussed a while ago in this forum, but I can't recall the title of that topic 8O

gbit
10th March 2005, 01:38 AM
You will need a WiFi nic, to connect to the psp, and another to connect to the net. The simplest way is to get one of those cheap USB WiFi dongles.

One more thing I'll have to buy at some point! :D

Salt|Ultra
10th March 2005, 02:01 AM
The tunneling discussion is on the end of the first page and the middle of the second page of the PSP topic.

Handy link: here (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=23284&highlight=tunneling#23284)

Rapier Racer
11th March 2005, 06:14 PM
Why can't the announcer say Wipeout! Instead of contender eliminated

Dimension
11th March 2005, 06:41 PM
Because it's tradition, we'd all be complaining if it changed :)

Asche XL
14th March 2005, 12:40 AM
This might be a silly question, but I don't remember if it was covered.
The psp doesn't virbate right? That'd be cool if it did.

Salt|Ultra
14th March 2005, 02:14 AM
No the PSP does not vibrate.

I for one have never understood the appeal of vibrating controllers.

Thruster2097
14th March 2005, 07:03 AM
I never understood it until I played Gran Turismo 1.
I have demanded that my controllers must vibrate ever since!

Rapier Racer
14th March 2005, 08:19 AM
Because it’s fun to have vibration, playing a wrestling game when you get smacked in the face it’s nice to have a bit of feedback, I though Wipeout Fusion however was going to vibrate my pad out

yawnstretch
14th March 2005, 11:10 AM
There could be a few reasons - but the optical disk drive is probably one reason and Sony's court case with a company that has a patent on vibrating controllers might be another

Mobius
14th March 2005, 02:10 PM
My ps2's fuse which controlls the vibration circuit in the console has blown, so for about a year mine haven't vibrated :(

Anyhoo, a system question. Are the loading time shorter then the loading times of Fusion - that would be a shocking blow to me if they weren't.

infoxicated
14th March 2005, 02:15 PM
Yes, they are much shorter than the loading times in Fusion.

Mobius
14th March 2005, 02:22 PM
Oh thank goodness. :D

Cheers Foxy

Rapier Racer
14th March 2005, 04:25 PM
Sony's court case with a company that has a patent on vibrating controllers

I thought it was just the vibrating mechanism that Sony used and not that fact that the controller vibrated as such

yawnstretch
14th March 2005, 04:57 PM
Yes, they are much shorter than the loading times in Fusion.

Unexpected :D

yawnstretch
14th March 2005, 05:29 PM
http://www.pspspace.com/_images/ads/psppictures-usa/sa500102.html

Why does this US cover not look like the one we've already seen? Is the other cover art the Japanese or the Euro?

Deadly Diabetic
14th March 2005, 06:34 PM
Good question. I think that is probably just a promo box but who knows.

On that same site, a guy posted a number of good pics of the PSP if you want to get a better idea of its size and clarity:

http://www.mypspspace.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=75

BTW, I love the pick with the original GB and the Lynx. Classic!

-DD

Sausehuhn
14th March 2005, 06:54 PM
I like the one with the red background...

>> GALVANIZE!!! :rock_on

Dimension
14th March 2005, 07:24 PM
Aren't those shoulder buttons a pain in the arse to use? They look like they would be 8O

Thruster2097
14th March 2005, 10:08 PM
So are we expecting to see PSP's in different colours, or are those just an interchangeable fascia like a mobile phone?
Also it would be nice to know how the PSP can pick up the id tags of MP3's. What a gadget!!

infoxicated
14th March 2005, 10:10 PM
Man, are you captain demanding or what?!

They're having enough trouble making decent quantities in one colour at the moment! :lol:

Thruster2097
14th March 2005, 11:04 PM
You know us vaguely-london-ish folk, we wanted everything yesterday!

Salt|Ultra
15th March 2005, 02:10 AM
Why does this US cover not look like the one we've already seen?

That looks like a "place holder" box, UMD cases look like the plastic boxes DVDs come in not real cardboard boxes.

Same thing with the system boxes they had on display at my local EB Games, they seemed much bigger than the Japanese boxes and the graphics were different as well.

Aren't those shoulder buttons a pain in the arse to use?

Not really, but it might just be because I have large hands. I have found that using the analog does make the left one a bit less comfortable than the right one (since my grip is shifted a bit).

Hybrid Divide
15th March 2005, 07:41 AM
Odd. At the EBgames I went to, they had the real box art.
(Although it was in a cardboard demo box.)

But Software Etc. had the "placeholder" art.

I've asked both places for one of the demo boxes when they get rid of them, along with any other "PurE Art" they might get in. :D

Rapier Racer
16th March 2005, 04:47 PM
Will there be a TV ad for Pure? that would be sweet

Sausehuhn
16th March 2005, 05:02 PM
I mean I've heard that the PSP has no video output :?

Maybe you can get a developer kit, than it is possible, because it has a video output. :D

Asche XL
16th March 2005, 05:19 PM
TV output was the only flaw of the psp I think (atleast know of right now). They should really have plopped a little tv out jack, that would have been ace.

edit by Lance: Quotation eliminated!

Asche XL
16th March 2005, 05:21 PM
According to www.ebgames.com Wipeout Pure was suppose to be shipped today in the US, no?

Rapier Racer
16th March 2005, 05:26 PM
That wasn't a reply to my question was it Sausehuhn?

Sausehuhn
16th March 2005, 05:51 PM
It was! The PSP has no video output, so how will you make an ad?! Or do you want to contact a TV with USB? I don't think this would work!

Asche XL
16th March 2005, 06:00 PM
I think he meant advert in general, doesn't necessarily have to be game footage.

edit by Lance: QUOTATION ELIMINATED!!!!

this is the third one for you today. do not quote immediately previous posts unless yours will be on a different page, when it might be nice to provide a reference. otherwise, it is needless repetition and just extra stuff for everyone else to read or at least take note of the presence of.
only you and Seek100 have failed to get this message over the last two weeks. please do not do this unnecessary quoting again.

Sausehuhn
16th March 2005, 06:50 PM
Lance will kill you. You've quote a previous post.

Dimension
16th March 2005, 07:12 PM
*ahem* I think a TV ad will be possible, i remember's fusion had an ad, a japanese guy said:

and you're gonna love it!

or something like that, had a pic of one of the loops too. Anyway, point is that an ad is possible, not sure how many countries that would reach though, might just be a UK thing :)

Lance
16th March 2005, 07:14 PM
[note to Seek100 and AscheXL, i like you guys, but please read my edits of your posts, particularly AscheXL's newest post three posts up from this one.]

the other abusers of the quote button have gotten the message; please do likewise]
[i would post a sticky topic about quotations in the guidelines on each section, but almost no one, especially the longtime members, reads them. so i have been on a campaign to reduce this crap since a particularly bad spate of useless and undirected quotations occurred recently as the culmination of a generally worsening trend in the posting here. quoting a post that's right in front of your reply to it is completely unnecessary unless it's a long complex post and you are replying to only a part of it, which is the only part of the post that should be quoted. i am being repetitious by saying this same thing that i have said before because the message does not seem to get to everybody, and i will be damned if i'm going to send a separate private message to every WZ member.]

Sven
16th March 2005, 07:43 PM
I'm pretty sure I've seen direct-feed quality PSP video shown on X-Play, and I KNOW I've seen direct-feed quality video of the DS on X-Play. So my question is, how did they do that if there's no direct video output?

zargz
16th March 2005, 07:47 PM
Lance: yeah! that's a Real Pain! http://www.geocities.com/zargz/leenden/pgr.gif

Sausehuhn
16th March 2005, 07:47 PM
I think with a Development Kit.

>>> http://www.playstationportable.de/images/news/02-2005/pspdevelop1.jpg

Thruster2097
16th March 2005, 09:25 PM
yep, that ought to do it nicely!!
PS3 anyone?

Sausehuhn
20th March 2005, 12:58 PM
5 questions:

How is the handling in zone mode? Is it like it was in Fusion or also old school (this would make it more complectated, prototype track 5 and 6 in Wip3out would be good training)

What is the intro music like? It is like it was in Fusion; one melody all the time, or like in the older games; all tracks in random?

Will G-tech, Xios and EG.r be available as a downloadable content as well?

Which Mandrashee track we will see in Pure? The third one?

will we see every month two new tracks or every second week one new track?

Hellfire_WZ
20th March 2005, 02:48 PM
Adding to Sausehuhn's first question:

Has the score counter been sorted out in this version? I'm sure you remember the reset problem in Fusion. (That's of course making the massive assumption that those of us who encountered this in Fusion will be just as good in this version :wink:)

Rapier Racer
21st March 2005, 06:27 PM
I think a similar sort of question has been asked before but, when will the downloads become available and how far behind will Europe fall? How much stuff will there be when we finally get the game or do you plan to hault them untill the games available world wide

eLhabib
21st March 2005, 10:34 PM
I've got a big question to the guys who already own this game, cause I haven't found the answer to this one anywhere (and looking at screenshots does help, but I can't be sure...):

How many rival ships are on-track with you in a race? 8, like it says on the screenshots? Furthermore, is there one ship per team, or rather two of each team? How does the game decide which teams are racing and which aren't (because with the downloadeble ships there will be more than 8 teams, but only 8(?) ships on track)?

Oh, and what's the biggest number of ships you guys have seen on screen at a time? In w'o'' 1-3 there never where more than 3 at a time due to PS1's limited calculating power, so how about Pure?

Salt|Ultra
22nd March 2005, 12:52 AM
There are 8 other ships in the race, one from each team (including yours). I'm not sure what will happen after the downloads come out but I doubt you will have more than 8 ships total in any race.

Was it confirmed for sure that the downloadable content will have new teams? I thought it was mostly going to be new music tracks and color schemes.

I just gave it a shot and I think I could see 5-6 on the track at once. Kind of hard to say for sure because some of them were pretty far out in front, so they were pretty small. I am also pretty sure I have been in tight races with at least 3 right around me. Guess we'll have to wait for more people to get teh game and system so we can test it for sure in multiplayer.

Lance
22nd March 2005, 07:37 PM
downloadable content is apparently going to include some of the ships from old teams, but like you, i doubt that there will be more than the already allowed eight ships at once. though it's possible. we live in doubt

Sausehuhn
22nd March 2005, 09:32 PM
Is the zone ship also available in normal racing modes like single race? I think I saw the zone ship also at normal tracks at some screenshots...

Salt|Ultra
22nd March 2005, 10:46 PM
It is not available from the start, maybe you can unlock it down the road? A reward for getting gold in all the zones?

Rapier Racer
23rd March 2005, 08:53 AM
If I am in Scotland with a US version of Wipeout Pure will the downloadable content still erm download/work?

Deadly Diabetic
24th March 2005, 06:13 AM
Answering a question from earlier, psxextreme is reporting the following:

Unlock Zone Vehicles
Get Gold Medals on all 4 Zone tracks

Unlock Zone Team
The above, plus get high scores on all 4 Zone tracks

That would be waaaaay cool!

-DD

Sausehuhn
24th March 2005, 01:41 PM
Zone has its own team?! In Fusion it just was a craft of the F9000 league.

eLhabib
24th March 2005, 01:50 PM
erm, NO!?
in Fusion you had a special, silver craft for Zone mode, remember?

Sausehuhn
24th March 2005, 01:51 PM
no, it was in a bright blue with white emblems. And there was "F9000" on it. No special team, "just" a craft of the league for the zone mode. I don't think the teams's name was F9000!!!

eLhabib
24th March 2005, 01:57 PM
alright, I see your point. what I meant is you do have a special ship for zone mode which is not available in normal races.

@DD: what's the difference between 'Zone Vehicles' and 'Zone Team'? Does Zone Vehicles mean you get different crafts to fly in Zone mode, and Zone Team means you unlock them all for normal race?

Deadly Diabetic
24th March 2005, 02:05 PM
That's a good question, I just ran across the article and thought people might be interested. I was sort of hoping someone who had the game (or maybe one of the developers) might be able to tell us. ;)

-DD

tapioca
24th March 2005, 03:07 PM
This might be unlockable ships for use in zone mode (new ships with different handling caracteristics, maybe more shield…) and then the possibility to use a zone ship in other modes.

Another point : does anybody know if it possible to play your own mp3's from memory stick ? This would be a great feature, as i already made my own selection of tracks from all wipeouts and personnal collection too. I don't know if it's been answered yet.

Shem
24th March 2005, 04:30 PM
ontopic - I want this one answered:

Why oh why does AG-S has such a beautiful paintjob on all these CGI, while in-game model is so........different? I cannot understand it. AG-S would've looked awesome with the painjob as seen on all these CGI, but hell, why did it happen that it's just plain red with some AG-S logos on the side? Collin, please respond.
(And maybe tell us if such painting pattern will be available as a downloadable content?)

PS - is it confirmed that older ship models will be available as well? Is there a posibility of making my own model and put it on the official website? will there be a posibillity of downloading additions to the game from other sites than the official one?

Sausehuhn
24th March 2005, 04:38 PM
you can unlock the colorjobs of the cover. 8)
___

Other, not offical downloads? Maybe some pros will make some downloads as well, maybe somebody will try to make new tracks or ships as well? Maybe. But I don't think so. You need PSP-Software to do so I think. But maybe some people will make some little additions to the game, like game statistics or maybe skins, that could be possible.
You never know.

Shem
24th March 2005, 04:45 PM
cover colorjobs as a bonus......

sweeeeeet :D

As for the downloadable content - It may be just me, but I really would like to see something in a way reminiscent of GTA mods. There's plenty of sites there from which you can download anything you want. I know it's immpossible, but I just think that Pure should be 'given to the people'. At least to let them add new ships, some billboard ad's, that kind of stuff. But there's one thing that brings me down - you really need a PSP dev kit to make it happen. (and i think i answered my own question again)

zargz
24th March 2005, 04:48 PM
sausehuhn: that's a Lot of may bes! 8)

Sausehuhn
24th March 2005, 06:25 PM
@ zargz

The colorjobs aren't maybes:

>> http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1947

For the downloadable, not offical thing:
I said maybe. So we don't know it yet. We have to wait and see. :roll:

ionathan
3rd January 2008, 07:20 PM
I have a Question about the AG-System Logo Guy
Is this curly threee-twooo-oone-goooo-figure in Wipeout 3 taken from there?
Where does it also be a start guy?

Sausehuhn
3rd January 2008, 08:03 PM
No it's not the girl (Curly is her name by the way) from WO3.
It's AG-System's logo. And that's it. No start guy at all :)

lunar
19th June 2008, 12:32 PM
Here`s the question I want answered....

Arnaud, how did you get an 18.71 TT lap of Staten Park in a Goteki. That`s absolutely blinding, mate, and I still care about Pure enough to want to know what new trick you have discovered! Congrats on that time....really really impressive. :+

Mad-Ice
19th June 2008, 01:18 PM
Yeah, that is so funny! When I just saw that laprecord on the homepage my eyes popped out and I dropped my jaw! That is even faster then Lunars' and mine Triakis times on Pure (PAL). Could Pure (NTSC) be faster than (PAL) or did you just beat us so bad. OOoohhh I wanna know.

lunar
19th June 2008, 01:52 PM
Me too. I`m absolutely gutted here! ;)

I think he just found a cunning new ploy and kicked our asses very very badly.... *goes back to shaking his head violently and wiping away the tears* The French football team might be ready for retirement, but the AG team is going strong! ;)

Darkdrium777
19th June 2008, 05:38 PM
Some shortcut Ã* la 2097/XL?
No I doubt it :) Just lots and lots of practice I believe. Although I'm not him, so I'll let him answer ;)

Task
19th June 2008, 08:09 PM
Goteki is a lot floatier than Triakis, I'm willing to bet that he's cutting more of the track. It's his way, dontcha know! 8 )

Also, with the higher ride height, he's probably getting more airtime off bounces and that would help getting all the possible BRs.

I'm definitely interested in hearing it from him though, he always has such good descriptions! 8 D

Asayyeah
20th June 2008, 12:04 PM
I am happy that you noticed it, i started a Pure ntsc campaign recently as a test.
All i can say is those scores have not been done through Cfw, only on my original slim, no new shortcuts discovered but a trick based on nose down.

Actually i am using a tip someone wellknown has found but has no time to really test it on a large scale : this is what i am doing by testing it on a not so busy recordtable ntsc Pure is. Make sure it's a test that is why i choose Goteki cause i haven't raced it in the ntsc table and those would be easy to delete in case that kind of trick is not accepted by the Wipeout council :g

Misterious Mr X ( hey stephen it's not our friend Borut aka MrX from old kai ;) )will tell you more pretty soon about his discover.

my comment on that : it's ****in brilliant and change in a so better way the game feels but it's borderline :eek

Mad-Ice
20th June 2008, 06:21 PM
Thanks for answering our question, at least a bit! It is more like a reaction to our burning question. But you are making me even more curious!! What is that borderline trick which makes this brillant game even more brillant??? Because about nosing down, I also did this in my laprecord of 18.80.

C'mon Asa tell us more!

Darkdrium777
21st June 2008, 01:29 AM
Is it nose bobbing? :g That would be really funky xD The ship follows the beat of the music :)

Frances_Penfold
21st June 2008, 07:53 PM
Yes, inquiring minds want to know, Asayyeah! :lol

*eagerly awaits hearing more*

lunar
22nd June 2008, 01:15 AM
does this involve the use of sticky tape? I really can`t think of anything else!

Dark arts..... a mysterious MrX....... this is really quite exciting!

Lance
22nd June 2008, 02:53 AM
Rings of power, conspiracies of conquest. All very murky. Evil is at work somewhere in the wide world.

;)

JABBERJAW
22nd June 2008, 03:40 AM
Is it holding down one brake at all times with the pitch foward? tapping both ? Or is it holding the psp behind your back

Frances_Penfold
22nd June 2008, 06:10 AM
If Wipeout was a Nintendo franchise, my money would be on "snaking." It's ALWAYS snaking with Nintendo :P

Darkdrium777
22nd June 2008, 04:39 PM
Or is it holding the psp behind your backlol I still can't believe he actually did this, even though you told me he did :g Too bad I missed it, it would've been fun to watch...

Lance
22nd June 2008, 09:47 PM
I believe it! :D