PDA

View Full Version : Question about WipEout Pure control scheme

Hybrid Divide
7th January 2005, 07:09 PM
Infox, or anyone else who might know:

Please tell us if we'll have the ability to customize our control scheme button by button/

None of this "premade configuration" stuff please!

I'm pretty sure you have this in there already, given the complaints about Fusion.
But I had to ask anyway! :D

infoxicated
7th January 2005, 07:58 PM
As far as I know you do have the ability to change the button configuration. I'm one of those people who likes triangle for accelerate, so I think I would have kicked up a fuss already if you couldn't! ;)

Hybrid Divide
7th January 2005, 08:40 PM
Yeah, I like having my control scheme like this.

X: Thrust
Square: Use Weapon
Circle: Drop / Absorb weapon
Triangle: Change view.

The shoulder buttons of course need no changing. :P

Mobius
7th January 2005, 09:09 PM
thats the european default layout - i think...

Shem
7th January 2005, 09:21 PM
uhmmm....

i think default layout for europe is:

X - accelerate
O - use weapon
[] - drop weapon
triangle - change view

living in europe all my life, all the wipeouts I own have that button function layout from the start, so it must be.

Dimension
7th January 2005, 09:55 PM
aye, shem's got it, square's normally in otherwise racing games saved for brake so circle is normally used for special commands, in this case firing a weapon, means noobs don't try to brake and launch an autopilot as they come around the last corner onto a straight... probably :wink:

Colin Berry
7th January 2005, 11:24 PM
As Rob has said players can remap the majority of the controls, the only ones you cant are the controls that are assigned to the shoulder buttons, this is for various reasons.

oh and

Hi guys

:D

Hybrid Divide
7th January 2005, 11:31 PM
Welcome to the Forums Colin!

Are you working on the game?

If so, you should probably be given a "WipEout Creator" icon from one of the mods.
:D

Glad to have you here!

Colin Berry
7th January 2005, 11:53 PM
Yup, sorry should have said :oops:

I'm the lead designer, I've read these forums for a long time, must be over 3 years now Obviously its a slightly odd situation as I'm not allowed to say too much at the moment with regards the game, but like Rob I'm a Wipeout fan too, and I felt that its only polite to say hello rather than sitting lurking all the time.

So although I may be working on the game, I am a Fan - I have been since I walked into GAME in Liverpool on the launch day of Playstation and saw this HUGE screen with an amazing yet weird game on, the likes of which I'd never seen before. So I'm here as much in a fan capacity as anything else :D and if I can answer the odd little query here and there (like the remapping of controls) without getting myself in trouble, then that should be cool

Dimension
8th January 2005, 12:49 AM
Brill, it's always ace to see the "in the know" characters that turn up on wipEout zone, glad to have you here Colin :D

Lance
8th January 2005, 02:54 AM
welcome, Colin. indeed a pleasure to welcome another fan

stin
8th January 2005, 10:16 AM
Welcome to the board but you have been lurking for a looong time!!!!.

It a pleasure to join us.

stevie :D

yawnstretch
8th January 2005, 11:19 PM
and may I say that Wipeout Pure is looking something special?

-because it is! :D

Edited for understatement:

Wipeout Pure is looking like the best game ever made. This will be the pinnacle of my entertainment year.

/strokes PSP
...soooon my prrrecioussss :twisted: