PDA

View Full Version : Do you still notice?

Dimension
14th December 2004, 10:50 PM
Tell me, when you switch on wip3out and load up the Terminal track, do you still notice the sound you get near the finish line? I seem to have forgotten (until a moment ago) that it's there, as if it were any other track, a wierd phenomenon :|

Rapier Racer
15th December 2004, 01:04 PM
yep I notice that every time I race there, whats it supposed to be

Lance
15th December 2004, 01:49 PM
yes, i always notice that. i always assumed it was huge ventilator fans for the underground terminal. or some such machinery

zargz
2nd January 2005, 04:14 AM
also 3,2,1 Go! sounds skreechy and overloaded! :?
they done away with that on se thou! 8)

andy
3rd September 2009, 03:10 PM
I felt sorry for my tv's speakers when I was on the start grid at terminal. My old tv used to shudder and rattle when those things started up xD. I've put it on a different tv now with a surround sound system and that can handle it without screeching - sounds so good with a subwoofer now though. :P But yeah, terminal is nasty on tv speakers

Ally
3rd September 2009, 08:44 PM
I loved that threeee, twoooo, ooooone, GO!

Darkdrium777
4th September 2009, 06:25 AM
Too many sound effects for the processor perhaps. It does it emulated on the PSP too, so it was probably a hardware limitation that caused the problem.
This can happen on modern games too, I've had similar problems with Mass Effect quite often (Sounds cutting out, sounds too loud or distorted), though that is partly because the hardware recognition software it comes with is crap (ISACT or w/e it's called). No other games give me that problem.

andy
4th September 2009, 04:16 PM
I think it is just that most TV speakers aren't up to it - I have mine hooked through a decent surround system which is very clear so it doesn't make the distorted noises, but if I was to stick it through a TV like I used to, it would distort again.

Lance
4th September 2009, 05:22 PM
It distorts through a hundred-dollar [US] pair of Sony earphones [bought ten years ago. same thing would cost more now due to inflation].

andy
15th September 2009, 06:05 PM
I tested it out yesterday (god I'm slow) and I stand corrected. :P It does distort. Not as much as my old set up did, but distorts none the less.