PDA

View Full Version : What now?!

juamei
6th November 2004, 11:37 AM
I got all the golds for all the speeds on the classic tracks, I then got all the golds for all the speeds on the wipeout tracks and I then spent far too much time completing all the challenges, including playing the last wipeout combo one almost 100 times. I was expecting it to to say "well done" or something nice, but nothing. Well almost nothing, it said "combo challenges completed".

Then thinking irratically I produced my own grids for the prototype tracks and have just got all the golds on all the ships at all the speeds. And the game said nothing. But I may have missed a vector one or two...

So at my housemates insistence I've come online to find out if I have done everything I can do in the game or whether there is yet more to do...

Sausehuhn
6th November 2004, 01:23 PM
I can't say anything about Wip3out because I've not finished the game yet. But I can say, that the same thing happend after completing WipEout Fusion. There were nothing; no "congratulations", no "good work, you've finsihed the game", no Devilia and nothing else. :(
So, I mean, when you've finsihed the game,maybe there IS not information about it...

PS: maybe you've forgotten "tournament" :?

juamei
6th November 2004, 01:34 PM
PS: maybe you've forgotten "tournament"

Sadly no... I've got maximum points on all of them.

I have just been looking at the track record times on this site though, I get in the top 10 on all but one track, but never higher than 4th. So I suppose that could be something to aim for. That or play Wipeout Fusion.

Mobius
6th November 2004, 01:56 PM
Sausehuhn said

But I can say, that the same thing happend after completing WipEout Fusion. There were nothing; no "congratulations", no "good work, you've finsihed the game", no Devilia and nothing else.

You got to galaxy champion ranking and got nothing - noooo!

anyway juamei welcome to the madness that is the forums, i can't really help you here either but are you entirely sure they are all golds? - It might sound stupid but something as obvious as that is easy to miss.... :oops:

Lance
6th November 2004, 02:14 PM
racing against other pilots' times is definitely the most rewarding thing i've found in the games.

btw, hi

juamei
6th November 2004, 02:33 PM
anyway juamei welcome to the madness that is the forums, i can't really help you here either but are you entirely sure they are all golds? - It might sound stupid but something as obvious as that is easy to miss.... :oops:

well. I can't say that I was flying entirely sober so I may have missed one at the start. I could go through the lot again, it only took me 3 days :)

stin
6th November 2004, 10:20 PM

well. I can't say that I was flying entirely sober so I may have missed one at the start. I could go through the lot again, it only took me 3 days :)

Well I`m being very curious, did you completed in racing game (how many tracks?) also I`m really interested in your score records? if you don`t mind.

stevie :)

juamei
7th November 2004, 10:47 PM
Well I`m being very curious, did you completed in racing game (how many tracks?)

not quite sure what you mean there. :?

also I`m really interested in your score records? if you don`t mind.
If I get bored tomorrow I'll stick them up, might try and get a couple down a bit first!

I noticed that the last two prototype tracks aren't on the high score times on this site...

Lance
7th November 2004, 11:35 PM
the last two are just those oval tracks from the Japanese version, aren't they?
ah, those Japanese love oval tracks, it seems; they put two of them in F355 Challenge. why?

G'Kyl
8th November 2004, 09:05 AM
Because they are cool! ;) Seriously though, I like the simplicitiy of it. All that matters is to be fast and to be better than the rest, nothing else. That is, for me anyway, what makes motor sports so exciting.

Ben

juamei
8th November 2004, 10:50 AM
the last two are just those oval tracks from the Japanese version, aren't they?

Sounds about right. I've got an 8.8sec time on the 6th one that I'm proud about, but I've no idea how it compares. Plus get a couple of perfects on those two, then move to another prototype track with an icarus & it feels slightly slow, which is nice.

Dimension
9th November 2004, 11:25 PM
I have to say I wasn't particularly dissapointed with hidden stuff. I mean with all the stuff you unlock along the way, not getting a 'congratulations' screen seems a little insignificant. I mean in WO3, for example, starting with 3 leagues, 4 ships and 4 tracks, you finish with 4 leauges, 8 ships and 12 tracks (w/ prototypes). That's double the ships and triple the courses :!: how can you complain about that? :P

juamei
16th November 2004, 11:01 AM
I have to say I wasn't particularly dissapointed with hidden stuff.

Well no, me neither! My only (little) complaint is that it didin't say "stop now, you're done, you may have your life back" or something similar... :)

Dimension
16th November 2004, 09:08 PM
Not that that should stop you anyway, Tiyiyiyime Triyaaaal! "Repeated play ensures success" and all that :D