PDA

View Full Version : black sky?

BurnHead
8th February 2002, 01:44 PM
Okay... my first topic on the new board!

In Fusion sometimes the sky turns black with lightning for a short time (looks really cool btw :smile:). Does anyone know what that means?
I thought it would get like this when a super weapon is fired, but actually it doesn't turn black when I fire a super weapon!
Sooo... does anyone know?

Wamdue
8th February 2002, 01:52 PM
i figured it would be the auricom super weapon? cause it uses a military satellite.

Bunny
8th February 2002, 02:11 PM
This happens when a Van-Uber ship fires its super weapon, the Seismic Field.

Dastardly
2nd March 2002, 02:30 PM
I am a Van Uber Pilot and that is correct. The seismic field weapon turns the sky black.
:smile:

infoxicated
2nd March 2002, 08:06 PM
Bunny is Dave Burrows - lead programmer on Wipeout Fusion! :lol:

I think he'd agree with you there :smile:

Lance
2nd March 2002, 08:49 PM
So this means that one of us actually knows what he's talking about? :grin:
That's always good. :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lance on 2002-03-02 21:52 ]</font>

Dastardly
2nd March 2002, 08:58 PM
Oops sorry Bunny.
I was just confirming that the black sky was caused by the Seismic field.
If I knew who you were I would have known it wasnt necessary.

infoxicated
3rd March 2002, 12:20 PM
I wouldn't worry about it, Dastardly - when he first posted I was thinking "Wow - a complete stranger posts with a really concise answer - how weird!"

When I found out who it was I felt a bit daft!

Dastardly
3rd March 2002, 05:09 PM
Yeah....D'oh!

Hyper Shadow
4th March 2002, 10:35 AM
I must admit that I think that Auricoms Orbital laser is a bit dissapointing for all of the hype that lead up to it. I mean, a huge friggin lazer *cue Doctor Evil impression* gets shot form a space satellite and all it looks like is a Star Trek transporter and acts like an AG merry-go-round, I spent ages trying to collect this weapon and actually use it on someone, gee was I disappointed. Fave weapon has to be Super Missiles, HUUUUGGGGEEE explosions :lol: and the Bio Snare is even worse than the Orbital Laser!!

*Rant Over*

Confusion
5th March 2002, 02:56 PM
Nitro Rockets arestill the most devastating in my opinion. Fire one from range, ram the nitroed ship and you killed them.

Other than that, I don't think any of the super weapons are so super. Even EG-r's super weapon causes only teh same amount as a Quake (and thats if they all reach the ship in time).

Plasma Bolt is another devastating weapon too... and it's a standard one!

Hyper Shadow
5th March 2002, 04:35 PM
Nitro rockets are cool, but I can't hit them to get the killer blow. Most times I do hit them, they don't die :???:

Confusion
5th March 2002, 06:46 PM
Maybe you're slamming the fire button down a tad too hard (there's 3 different levels of pressure on them buttons). I've found that slowly applying pressure will give the most devestating results. In the case of the Nitro rocket, it can effect how long the craft stays in it's crystaline form.

Grav Bombs seem to last longer if you do it this way too and their range is greater, but they take longer to explode.

Hyper Shadow
5th March 2002, 06:55 PM
I've found that Grav bombs give my opponents a turbo boost (like the turbo enforcer) has anyone else found this??

Lance
5th March 2002, 07:50 PM
it looks like weapons usage is one area of Fusion where the player has been given more complexity and therefore more interest. this would partially compensate for the reduction in the flying control of the ships. score one fOr Fusion.

Wamdue
5th March 2002, 08:11 PM
Yeah, how does those grav-bombs work really? is it a booster or a bomb that takes the ag out of ag-crafts.. both it seems.

My all time fave weapon is the EG-r swarm.
The piranha penetrator wasnt all that tho.

AmishRobot
6th March 2002, 01:52 AM
it looks like weapons usage is one area of Fusion where the player has been given more complexity and therefore more interest.

Oh yesss....
:reddevil

Hyper Shadow
6th March 2002, 09:36 AM
My 'theory' on the grav bomb (on why it turbos CPU craft) is based on the white out zone having a sphere of influence rather than a blast radius.
The sphere of influence presses the craft down onto the circuit, overloading the grav systems for a short while, causing the 'dead time'. However, a craft at the edge of this sphere will be subject to a 'squeezing' force that 'pops' the craft out at immense speed, producing the turbo boost that is evident on other ships.

Well thats my idea, probably BS but I didn't programme the game.

Confusion
6th March 2002, 02:58 PM
The Grav bomb does give you a super speed burst, usually like Hyper said, when you are at the edge or if the craft launches it at point blank range against another opponent. Either way, they still stop dead for a while.

The Sphere of influence theory is good as it is probably explains why even after the bomb's exploded, any new craft flyign into the sphere stops dead (but not for as long as those in the initial blast).

Grav Bomb = Thunder Bomb from 2097 for me...

piranha wiper
8th May 2004, 10:46 PM
does any one know how a nuclear bomb works? well i blows up about 200 ft above ground or something of that hieght and pushes avery thing out and then pulls every thing back into the "mushroom" shape much like a grav bomb making it seem like a turbo but they sometimes do get pulled back. any way thats what i think

Piranha Advancements
9th May 2004, 04:53 PM
Here you go,Piranhacon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_bomb#Effects_of_a_nuclear_explosion

piranha wiper
10th May 2004, 03:51 PM
is piranhacon me?