PDA

View Full Version : WIP3OUT pc version

Dragonforce-Europe
24th September 2004, 08:26 AM
is there a pc version of this game? And if not. would the original developers allow "hobby" developers to develop such a game for the pc?

Hellfire_WZ
24th September 2004, 09:14 AM
I think only the original and 2097 were released for PC, and as far as I know they were both ported by Sony themselves rather than a third party developer. I don't know about any plans for a port for the third.

Are you a DragonForce fan by the way?

Shem
24th September 2004, 11:40 AM
I could swear I saw PC pics of w3o in a pc magazine some time ago. But I've never heard of releasing w3o on pc tho.

Dragonforce-Europe
24th September 2004, 11:42 AM
I think only the original and 2097 were released for PC, and as far as I know they were both ported by Sony themselves rather than a third party developer. I don't know about any plans for a port for the third.

Are you a DragonForce fan by the way?

i had this name before dragonforce evne excisted. and i am not a dragonforce fan. (altough i can consider to be a fan of myself :wink: )

Dragonforce-Europe
24th September 2004, 11:43 AM
does someone has the email of the developers? maybe i can work on the pc version.

G'Kyl
24th September 2004, 12:10 PM
I think you better ask Sony themselves as they own the rights for the Wipeout series. Maybe you can get an answer from one of the addresses listed here: http://www.us.playstation.com/contactus.aspx. Or you might of course ask Infoxicated about how to best contact them... :)

I almost forgot: Just out curiousity, how much are you into programming?

Ben

Dragonforce-Europe
24th September 2004, 12:19 PM
very much :P

G'Kyl
24th September 2004, 12:56 PM
Lol. And so am I. I program microwaves and VCRs. ;-)

By the way: Welcome to the WOZ. Nice to have a another "neighbor" on (the literal) board. :)

Dragonforce-Europe
24th September 2004, 01:24 PM
hey! youre from germany! :D cool!

i hear alot of good stories about german girls, cars and girls :P

UncleZeiv
24th September 2004, 01:31 PM
I recall that when wip3out was first announced, I downloaded the press release from Psygnosys, which stated that the game would be released both on Playstation and on PC. That's the only place I ever read something like that: maybe it was a mistake of theirs. I remember very well this detail because I didn't own a psx in those days, so I was praying for a PC version all the time and that press release was my only hope.

_dave_

G'Kyl
24th September 2004, 02:16 PM
UncleZeiv: Same here! I SO hoped for a PC release of WO3. Maybe sales from WO and WOXL haven't been as great as they expected or something, or PC hardware had already been more advanced than PSX graphics and they didn't want to make the game too different from the original, I don't know.

Speaking of planning WO3. As far as I remember, WO3SE was released cause they didn't have enough time to make WO3 exactely the game they wanted. So, does anybody know whether classic tracks had always been planned to be in the game, or are they simply there to make people buy another release of the "same" game?

Dragonforce-Europe: You mentioned German girls twi...err, guess you noticed that. ;-)
German cars are cool, or cool enough. I'm not sure about girls, though, cause here they say the same about "your" girls... *g*

Ben