PDA

View Full Version : what to do in the future?

piranha wiper
30th August 2004, 08:44 AM
this question has been on my mind for a long time and since my great uncle has just died :cry: it has made me think alot more about it and like lance he loved computer games, like monkey island and traps and treasures, but the question is, what do we do with all our games(or any thing else that has great value to you) when we get older, coz most things will get damaged or you grow out of things and throw them in the trash and thats that, what would you like to happen to your stuff?

G'Kyl
30th August 2004, 10:19 AM
My condolences, PW. :|

On your question regarding the future of our beloved items: I wouldn't bother that much about it. If you completely lose interest in stuff, then why be worried about throwing it away. And if the latter is out of the question, why not simply keep it? As you probably do it with your CDs, Videos, DVDs and so on. I do by no means mean to sound rude, but honestly I don't think I am seeing your point. :)

Ben

Roger
30th August 2004, 06:04 PM
Sorry about your loss, piranha. I gather your great uncle left some belongings when he passed on. Can't be easy to know what do with the things...

Sitting at my computer, I've got a pretty good overlook of all my collected "stuff": books, CDs, consoles, games... I've spent quite a lot of money on them, and they're quite dear to me - however, in the end, it's all just stuff.

If I ever get bored with my gear and want to get rid of the lot, I'll give or sell it to people who appreciate it: music lovers, game afficionados, friends of literature. I wish the same will be done if I suddenly die, for one reason or another.

piranha wiper
30th August 2004, 06:12 PM
G'Kyl, Roger, thank you for your support, yes he left me a watch which i will not wear and a bit of money but most of his stuff went rightly to his wife,

you both have answered my question, yes roger it is just stuff and will pass it down to familly, G'Kyl this was my point i was trying to ask im sorry if i didnt make myself clear in the first place

G'Kyl
30th August 2004, 09:27 PM
No, you made yourself perfectly clear, piranha. I guess I wasn't able to understand why you gave it that much thought. Although you have every right to do so, of course! :)

piranha wiper
30th August 2004, 10:05 PM
i guess its just me becuase he has just and im having a mental breakdown and thinking 'whats the point in doing anything' and stuff, well thanks for your help anyway, much apreciated

yuusen
30th August 2004, 10:55 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your loss, pw. Grief is a powerful tool, use it no matter how crazy you may feel at times.

As for the old stuff you've hoarded, isn't that what eBay is for?

I use the idea that if I cannot visualise a relevant or profound use for the item, then it goes.

¥

G'Kyl
31st August 2004, 03:06 AM
I certainly believe that in consideration of what has just happened to your uncle, all things around you , especially those that you normally think to be SO important, become ever so needless and superficial. (And in a way they often are, of course, but that's another story.) Maybe it helps to see it as a blessing or at least something positive to have these moments of seeing a bigger scope of live - sort of. I know religious people tend to think it that way, and I don't think it's a bad one.

Ben