PDA

View Full Version : How to submit lap times?

KkillgasmM
9th July 2004, 02:24 PM
hi, im pretty new to this [amazing] site that i have just discovered!

wip3out is one of my all time favourite games, i didnt think anyone else played it anymore!

anyway, i noticed there is a records section, does anyone know how i submit my times?

i got a laptime of 23.72 on poro kora using assegai [i got the exact same time twice in about 15 minutes!]

i think i did have a better time, only for sum reason my wip3out data has been erased!! :cry:

any help would be great ;)

G'Kyl
9th July 2004, 03:42 PM
Hi KkillgasmM, welcome to the forums!

In order to join the WOZ, just click the respective link on menu bar at the right side of the main page. When you have completed the procedure, simply log in, choose the version of WO3 you want to enter your records for as well as the mode you achieved it in and submit your times.

You will soon see that this community has a good number of drivers who are constantly trying to outrace each other over table positions. :) I'm looking forward to seeing another wiper enter the tables!

Ben

Lance
9th July 2004, 05:43 PM
hi killgasm, welcome.
yep, you have to enter a separate membership for the records tables because originally the forums were on EZboard instead of being part of the main page and on the same server. be sure when entering times to put them on the right version. i guess your version is the standard WO3 and is the PAL display for Europe?

KkillgasmM
11th July 2004, 12:15 AM
oooo thanx :D
#
ah yeah, i figured out how to submit my times, my only problem is that i hope that no1 is lying about their times! although i dont see what the point in lying about them would be

G'Kyl
11th July 2004, 02:40 AM
Since there is no reliable means, accessible to everyone, of verifying those times, we rely on the honesty of every competitor. You are right, there really is no point in submitting fake times just for the kick of moving up the tables. Also, my feeling is that these tables, and the attached forums, are not so much about positions as they are about the experience of competition.
Hmmm, for some reason I just have to think of Tony Scott's "Days of Thunder", where at the end of the final race Cole Trickle is given a jump start by his old and now antagonistic team in order to get back on track after his pit stop... ;-)

Lance
11th July 2004, 02:56 AM
heh. i was absolutely stunned when i first saw those tables, but now i've gotten close enough to some of those times to know they're possible, even if i can't do them myself. i can still see where that speed is being gained. all i need is more skill and better vision and faster reactions and better concentration and....