PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout Fusion for PC?

FSOL
27th June 2004, 09:20 PM
Hi!
I'm a great fan of the Wipeout series, however I don't have a Playstation (and no money to afford it since I don't have a TV) - as far as I know there are 3 Wipeout "version":

- (original) Wipeout
- Wipeout 2097
- Wipeout Fusion (most recent version)

I know they're all available for Playstation, but I could only get hold of Wipeout 2097 for PC. Is WO 2097 the only Wipeout edition for PC?

Is it possible to play Wipeout Fusion on PC? I saw this on a friend's playstation and it looks so great!

Shem
27th June 2004, 09:51 PM
Welcome to the Forums FSOL.
So you've never heard of Wipeout 3? Don't bother yourself finding a way to play Wipeout Fusion on a PC (tho I guess there is a way play it [as I've seen some PS2 emu's somewhere on the net], but I highly doubt it would be any fun to play it on PC.....even if it ran....). Find yourself a cheap PSOne, a copy of Wipeout 3, or if you're lucky - Wipeout 3 SE, and play it. Of course you can always run W3O on a PC using an emulator, in that case, I assure you it will work. So far Wipeout 3 SE is the best you can get. And yes - Fusion LOOKS great. And that's that. It looks good.

As far as I know, there were 2 wipeouts released on PC.
- Wipeout
- Wipeout 2097/XL

I just happen to see some screenshots of W3O in a PC mag, but I don't remember if there was a PC release of W3O. I think there was no.

G'Kyl
28th June 2004, 08:33 AM
Don't be fooled, FSOL, Wipeout XL/2097 is the best! ;-)
Seriously, all of the games are so different and are so differently liked by variuos people that determing the best seems impossible (except, maybe, for the exclusion of Fusion from that list ;-) ). WO3 SE sure is the most complete(d) WO experience, though and you should definitely try getting a copy.
Also, running the games on an emulator or even running the PC versions of WO 1 and 2 will certainly not equal the greatness of the PSX versions. Shem is right, Playstations are cheap now, and you should get one and play all three (or four, for that matter) on their "generic" system.

Lance
28th June 2004, 09:14 AM
but he said: ''since I don't have a TV''

welcome to the forums, uh... FSOL. :)

G'Kyl
28th June 2004, 09:25 AM
Yep, sorry, overread that. But then a simple TV card is anything but expensive and, in this case, well worth a few extra bucks. ;)

Shem
28th June 2004, 09:37 AM
Lance wrote

but he said: ''since I don't have a TV''

That's the reason to buy one to me. Especially if FSOL is willing to play W'O. 14'' TV will do just fine.