PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout 2097 on Win2000

Blunt
17th June 2004, 02:54 PM
I'm sure the answer is somewhere else in this forum, but I haven't had the luck of finding it...
Anyway, I have one of the old copies of Wipeout 2097 (don't know if this is important) and I can't install it on Win2000. It says it needs Win95 to install! Is there any way to do this with a patch or an update of some kind?

Answers will be appreciated.

BTW: What is the major difference between 2097 and XL? Will I need XL to install the multiplayer patch if I manage to install the game somehow?

R3rr0
17th June 2004, 04:11 PM
Hi!

For what I know about 2097/XL: the difference is that one is PAL (2097) and the other is NTSC, but maybe there are other difference that I missed...
And for the installation on win2k, I know that the first WO, if installed after win95 (ie 98 and after), run at double (or higher) velocity(!!!); this mean that gettging decent times even in vector class is almost impossible... Maybe directX conflicts or something else. Probably 2097 doesn't work at all, and you can't install.

Lance
17th June 2004, 04:52 PM
there is very little difference on the PC between 2097 and XL. the name and the music would be the most easily notable differences. Al has mentioned that there is some small difference in the game, but i don't remember what that was. on PC, there is of course no difference due to PAL and NTSC display standards