PDA

View Full Version : Still an active Wipeout community? Wow :)

Silent Blue
14th June 2004, 08:40 PM
Quite surprised that even so long after the releases of Wipeout, there's still an active community surrounding it. Good on you all, i've recently been playing W3SE and getting hooked yet again.

First thing first on joining a forum, I need to make myself a siggy.

Does anyone know where I can find pictures of some of the billboards used in the game? Quite a fan of the Pirhana 'Feed me' logo.

yuusen
14th June 2004, 09:09 PM

First thing first on joining a forum, I need to make myself a siggy
im afraid smoking is prohibited in this area. ;) (actually, signatures are disabled on this forum, in order to keep things running fast.)
--
welcome to w3zf silentblue! as you can see, the wipeout games have made such an impression on many people's lives that an entire website has been formulated (thankyou, infox, thankyou!) in order to unite fellow pilots and allow them to compete in an atmosphere of fun, trust and enthusiasm.

you'll meet members from the green to the extreme here, all wanting to race and share their knowledge. enjoy!

¥

Silent Blue
14th June 2004, 09:12 PM
Thanking you kindly. :)

Got a lot of practice to do before I start breaking records though. ;)

Wiseman
14th June 2004, 09:18 PM
:lol: @ yuusen, yep no sigs here, I'm afraid. ;)

Anyway, welcome to WZ, Silent Blue, hope you're able to join the WZ tables and post some times as well! :D Even if I can't directly compete with you.

yuusen
14th June 2004, 09:18 PM

heck, i'll second that! there are some very VERY fast pilots in wipeoutzone (with some very interesting techniques—take a look through the archives for a dicussion about old assayeah (al sartwell)'s piranha/airbrake technique), i personally have held back with posting my times in the record tables for fear of discovering them falling instantly to the bottom ranks.
-
i got myself a copy of 3se recently and really enjoyed playing through the older tracks within the new engine. more recently, i have played through 2097, with a fresh head (i had major troubles in spilskinanke for many years) and have fallen back in love with it. which episodes of wipeout do you play altogether?

¥

Wiseman
14th June 2004, 09:21 PM
Ummm, Old Assayeah and Mr. Sartwell aren't the same person, yuusen. Al Sartwell is known as Zoolander on the boards, just so you know.

yuusen
14th June 2004, 09:22 PM

:lol: shows how much time i spend on the tables, doesnt it. sorry guys, no dis meant to the fast ones ;)
----
EDIT
----
however, i WILL be entering in the tables this weekend, when lance unveils his highly anticipated spilskinanke challenge!

¥

Lance
14th June 2004, 10:06 PM
hi SB, welcome :)

--------

Asayyeah is Arnaud Senand. very quick. very. as is Al ''ZOOLANDER'' Sartwell

Silent Blue
14th June 2004, 10:08 PM
Thanks very much, again. :D