PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with this picture?

science
13th June 2004, 10:24 PM
I meant to post this a long time ago, but never got around to it. It's probably old news by now, but here it is anyway. If you've already seen it, or if you figure it out, don't spoil it for everyone else! :D
http://www.tekzoned.com/whatswrong/

G'Kyl
13th June 2004, 10:34 PM
Waah, there's so many of these around I don't even want to look at them any more, because, you know, I don't like... looking at this kind of stuff... ;-) Anyway, neat trick. :)

Rapier Racer
13th June 2004, 10:57 PM
............ what are you trying to do to me

Shem
14th June 2004, 12:15 AM
OOOHHHHH ****~!!!!!!!...........(but why on earth i'm laughing?).......
and how on earth am I going to sleep eh? it's 2:14......a great way to start a day...
why am I laughin'?..... :-? :) :D :lol:

Shem
14th June 2004, 12:18 AM
:o DAMN IT!!!! I thought I would take it easy the second time....(i've thrown my headphones straight onto the screen)...
and why would I want to see that again?.... :x

G'Kyl
14th June 2004, 04:58 AM
LOL. I think I did this particular picture three or four times in a row before I got used to it. ::) Oh, and by the way; laughter eases the pain. *gg*

Ben

faB
14th June 2004, 01:23 PM
ROFL the first and only one I saw before this was with a ghost, it actually appeared in the middle of the picture, and the text did say something like 'look for the ghost, there is a ghost'. After a while you think, bah, there's no stupid ghost there. Then . . . :o

Rapier Racer
14th June 2004, 02:34 PM
I really really REALLY don't like that at all

yuusen
14th June 2004, 06:11 PM

a train-of-thought–stopper indeed.

¥

stin
14th June 2004, 06:54 PM
LOL!!! seen that before a while back!

stin :D

vincoof
14th June 2004, 07:20 PM
:lol: I haven't seen it for years.
glad you digged it up Joel.

Silent Blue
14th June 2004, 09:28 PM
It's not one of those 'stare-at-a-still-picture-while-someone-screams' things is it? ;) Too many around, I swear.

vincoof
14th June 2004, 11:14 PM
Too many around, I swear.
Prolly, but the one mentioned above is certainly the most popular one on the web. I mean, I don't know if it's because that's the best or if it's because that' the one which get most advertised, but it's the most referenced I've ever seen.

science
14th June 2004, 11:50 PM
you would be surprised at how many people haven't been duped by one yet... Including my girlfriend...::rubs hands together maniacally::
another victim!

piranha wiper
15th June 2004, 12:18 AM
i didnt realise wat it did at first had noise off and was reading this topic and i couldnt see anything bad about it the every one said stuff about screaming and noise so i turned the sound quiet and AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGHH , wa the bloody hell was that

Silent Blue
15th June 2004, 09:38 AM
you would be surprised at how many people haven't been duped by one yet... Including my girlfriend...::rubs hands together maniacally::
another victim!True that.

The worst one to show someone is one called 'Kikia'. It starts off as an innocent japanese cartoon with really quiet music so they turn the volume up...

... Then on the screen with strobe lighting flashes a ghost face with no eyes, screaming really, really loud.

I fell off my chair and I still shiver even when I know it's coming.

vincoof
15th June 2004, 10:19 AM
I've seen that one too ^^
Can post the link ? I've not kept the bookmark.

Silent Blue
15th June 2004, 12:08 PM
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/kikia.php

Kikia. :)

vincoof
15th June 2004, 08:53 PM
yup that's the one ^^'

Shem
15th June 2004, 09:10 PM
my sister expected nothing.....and so did my mother.....
now they both hate me :D
so does my cousin.....
a couple of friends....
my girlfriend...
I luv it :D

piranha wiper
15th June 2004, 09:58 PM
u are an evil person for doin that to those people specialy your girlfriend

hahahahahahahahaha man that is the way things should be done

G'Kyl
15th June 2004, 10:20 PM
I would NEVER show this to my mother. I thought about doing so when I saw this thing for the first time a while ago, but then I became seriously afraid something would happen to her when getting scared like that. :)

Ben

piranha wiper
16th June 2004, 10:56 AM
what are these scary noise pictures called

G'Kyl
16th June 2004, 11:58 AM
I never heard anyone give them a particular name. Most people I know called them flash-pictures (it is Flash, isn't it?). Since there are no other pictures out there that require a plugin to be viewed, I suppose that's as good a name as any. :)

Ben

yuusen
16th June 2004, 05:38 PM

personally, i'd call them jack-in-the-boxes.

that kikia one is harsh.

¥

Silent Blue
16th June 2004, 06:55 PM
that kikia one is harsh.
Damn right it's harsh. :lol:

science
16th June 2004, 09:45 PM
I'd forgotten all about that one. If anyone else has one, post it! No matter how many a person has seen, they'll still fall for a new one! :D

yuusen
16th June 2004, 09:49 PM

falling for it being the case where they are scared by it, even though they know what is going to happen.

in fact, i reckon at this stage in the game, it probably going to be the anticipation that will scare people the most, when it comes to new ones, that is.

¥

Shem
16th June 2004, 10:05 PM
either way, it's still going to be a hella good way to scare ppl (even if it takes to be punched in the head becouse of this).
I wonder why nobody had invented a worm which would do the same. Maybe becouse the heart attack death rate would raise by 300%, considering all the ppl who use computers...... especially at night....
EDIT:
And the ghost-face, zombie with no eyes or whatever scares the crap out of you would change everytime it pops up......(is alien face scary?....damn that scares me the most, I'd have to change my underwear everytime id get scared by it..... :oops: )

G'Kyl
16th June 2004, 10:41 PM
Yep, the darn problem is that you get scared by those pics even you have seen them a dozen times. Shem: I wouldn'd have to change my underwear, but my pacemaker. ;-)

Shem
16th June 2004, 10:49 PM
you wouldn't. You'd just play the movie again and the shock would make it running again. Kinda like an extreme sport for oldies :lol:

piranha wiper
16th June 2004, 10:58 PM
the first one is the wors t coz the person has no eyes, the other one is a zombie thing

G'Kyl
17th June 2004, 06:01 AM
Good idea that sports thing. It's purpose would be to look at the picture once and then hold out as long as possible before reloading the page. Person with the highest time wins. Bit of a contradictory to Wipeout, but I think we could live with that. ;-)

piranha wiper
4th July 2004, 11:00 PM
http://www.liquidgeneration.com/sabotage/vision_sabotage.asp

colour blindness test with adifference

Bob Todd
5th July 2004, 08:40 AM
:o

Damn, that was funny! :lol:

piranha wiper
5th July 2004, 09:39 AM
thats nice isnt it?! a colour blindnes test for people who want to check for it and AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRHGGHGH HAHAHAHA WHAT THE BLOODY HELL WAS THAT???!!!

Shem
5th July 2004, 10:58 AM
Wack! :D
(the best part is that you don't know when you're gonna be scared. I was like sitting 2m from the screen, with a dumb smile on my face trying not to be scared by all means. And I failed to predict. And this is awesome. :lol: )

science
5th July 2004, 05:58 PM
That is a good one! I knew it was coming and i still came out of my friggin chair!

piranha wiper
5th July 2004, 08:24 PM
its even worse when you dont expect nothing and youre innocently clicking away and baam god dammit, i want to see more now even though im expecting it :D its so fun

Rapier Racer
5th July 2004, 08:37 PM
Hey hey thats cool, knew what was coming but still jumped :o

science
5th July 2004, 08:41 PM
anyone know what movie that pic is from?

Shem
6th July 2004, 12:19 AM
How about "Any '80 horror movie with a river of blood flowing from an arm ripped off of a zombie walking around a street at 3:00 AM scarig the crap out of the local ppl apart the 3 heros willing to shoot the zombie down with a sawn-off shotgun stolen from a police dept. ....." no, wait....that's Resident Evil :lol:

piranha wiper
6th July 2004, 05:30 PM
it looks sort of something out of hellraiser, pin heads wife!!!!! :o

science
6th July 2004, 05:41 PM
That website that the colour blindness test is from is jam packed with those damned things! I tried out a couple more, knowing full well that it was coming...
still scared the pee out of me.

BTW, I used the colourblindness test on my girlfriend last night, I would do anything to have a video of her reaction to share with you guys, she screamed for about 5 seconds and *ran away* from the computer. She was genuinely terrified.
Then she punched me. It was worth it though

piranha wiper
6th July 2004, 05:45 PM
yeah its always worth it, i showed my mam and she screamed and i laughed then she called me a little sod

xqpx
8th July 2004, 04:43 AM
I just tried the first one. I didn't know what was coming. I was just sitting there looking at this picture, and... :o

Which one is the best to show someone who has no idea what's coming? The person I want to show it to will probably only fall for it once. :lol:

G'Kyl
8th July 2004, 04:52 AM
I still think the one in the initial post is among the very best. The others never qute had the same effect on my, for whatever reason. Apart from that, though, just pic one were you _really_ have to concentrate on the picture! Anyone from this thread should do very well in scaring whoever you wanna scare. :)

xqpx
8th July 2004, 05:02 AM
Okay. I'll try the first one and see what happens. :lol:

Maybe I could make her do the color blindness test a few days after she tries it. She probably would try it out thinking it's a real test, then... :o

G'Kyl
8th July 2004, 05:59 AM
Well, I sure did. :oops: ;-)

science
8th July 2004, 06:05 AM
you can definitely use kikia as a follow-up. It really looks like nothing is headed your way, and it's short enough so that you don't really have time to figure it out. :)

piranha wiper
8th July 2004, 10:32 AM
xqpx, that test is an actual colour blindness test ,it works, i could only see the first one which is twelve, after that nothing propably another number and then BAM thats what makes peopl think its not real coz somebody edited it for the scaryness and things, its funny

science
9th July 2004, 01:58 AM
go to liquidgeneration.com and do the adhd or test. Having adhd myself, I couldn't stop laughing for about 10 minutes, then something else caught my attention and i forgot all about it.

gucci_little_piggy
9th July 2004, 03:18 AM
ok, DON'T do those things late at night on your own in the house!

piranha wiper
9th July 2004, 08:51 AM
try the morph celebritys faces thing right at the top of the sabotage section, i was laughin my head off for ages at the thing that scares you :lol: :lol: :lol: ,
good advice GLP i wish had thought of it the other night, was i in trouble then :(