PDA

View Full Version : How about jogCon ?

faB
7th June 2004, 08:25 PM
I've seen it boxed with Ridge Racer 4, it's got basically a small wheel with feedback at the middle that you can turn with your thumbs, kinda like the 'jog' on a VCR.

Anyone tried that one ? I dont think it would work well for WipeOut but hey . . .

yuusen
7th June 2004, 08:30 PM

i have always been skeptical towards this device's ability to improve your game. if you imagine the movement line your thumbs would take to turn a pseudo steering wheel. then imagine having to do that very quickly, with force feedback being fed into it from the game. i feel that namco released this as more of a marketing gimmick to sit alongside to release of R4 in order to make the game feel more of an eventful purchase.

i still would like to try playing with one, simply for the experience and to prove myself wrong if possible. ;)

¥

Lance
7th June 2004, 08:46 PM
i've also always been skeptical of jogcon's practicality, though when i bought my first game console in the year 2000, i wanted to get one, but the stores no longer had the RR4 packaged with it. i've still never seen one in geographical proximity. the thumb activation would seem an awkward way to control due to the limited movement allowed for thumbs held in that position as they must be for the other fingers to grip the controller in the intended way

yuusen
7th June 2004, 08:48 PM

that complements the thoughts in my post brilliantly. its pretty much what i wanted to express before becoming stuck in the physical technicalities.

¥

JABBERJAW
10th June 2004, 12:24 PM
it's crap

Wiseman
13th June 2004, 07:29 AM
I agree with Al 100%. The thing was a bad gimmick, and would have required a contortionist to use it properly. I can't even remember what happened to mine, I think I gave it to a friend.