PDA

View Full Version : Launch title?

rejj
16th May 2004, 08:05 AM
Is there any news discussing whether or not Pure is going to be a PSP launch title? I'm assuming that it will be, since it is being demo'd at E3.. but I haven't actually seen anything stating one way or the other about it.

G'Kyl
16th May 2004, 08:33 AM
I have read somewhere that Wipeout, among other games, is expected to be released with the launch of the PSP or a short time after. There seems to be no further official word from Sony, though.

Ben

Escaped_Badger
16th May 2004, 10:54 PM
I'd have thought so, WipEout launched with the PlayStation in Europe and was responsible for alot of its early success. With PSP, a games procuct aimed at young adults, a WipEout game is very important for its image.

Expect WipEout Pure to be available from day one.

G'Kyl
17th May 2004, 05:24 AM
Ah, day one doesn't matter, as they are probably gonna release the PSP in Japan first before shipping it over the ocean at least half a year later. As long as WOP will be available by then...! ;)

Escaped_Badger
17th May 2004, 10:59 AM
With the original PlayStation in Japan, it was Ridge Racer, but in the UK WipEout is always remembered for being the first PlayStation game, it's what bought gaming to a new audience and made it popular. The same would need to happen if PSP is to become a popular format for gaming.