PDA

View Full Version : Found wipeoutzone from fusion credits

Animagic
29th April 2004, 03:14 PM
I'm a new member thought I'd introduce myself

Saw the URL for WipeoutZone on Fusion credits and checked it out.
This is a really great place...

I wish I had known about this place when I was throwing down on the PS1 wipeout series every second I could. :cry:

Now I have to go track down some used copies and get back into it! :D

Favorites (in order)

1)Wip3out
2)Wipeout
3Wipeout Fusion
4)Wipeout XL

I see a lot of you are big fans of 2097/XL
and dislike Fusion.

I hated Fusion the first time I played it,
I rented it because I didn't know wether it was going to be good or not cause of all the bad reviews and word of mouth I had received on it.
Also I was fresh off of burning up tracks in xl and 3 and
it felt all wrong.
Also the much hyped 2-player mode was NASTY! absolutely unplayable and unenjoyable.

Anyway, I spotted it in the store earlier in the week for a steal at $15 and picked it up.
it's not the best wipeout but it creams all the other ps2 futuristic racing games I've played.
I found that as I progressed through the game I really enjoyed it.

I bought my original playstation for wipeout and bought my PS2 for Fusion
if PS3 doesn't have a wipeout they might not get my $

okay I'll stop rambling...
-Animagic

infoxicated
29th April 2004, 03:18 PM
Welcome to the site... I wonder if you're the first person to find us through the credits in Fusion!? :lol:

You're the first to admit to it either way, I believe. :)

Lance
29th April 2004, 04:15 PM
hi neighbor [next state over, only 500 miles from here. ;) ], welcome to WipeoutZone.

---------

yes, i have definitely become a major fan of XL

Asayyeah
29th April 2004, 11:01 PM
Hi Animagic
Wellcome to this board.

------------

Lance, i definitely become a major fan of you and wipeout 2097 too :wink:

Lance
29th April 2004, 11:23 PM
Arnaud, did you notice that my XL TR TT laptime now equals yours on 2097? unfortunately, i haven't equalled any other times of yours. ;)
not to mention that Ben still is one tenth ahead of us

Asayyeah
29th April 2004, 11:37 PM
:o didn't you have any other bad news for decreasing my motivation, Lance? :o

-------------
Sorry but now i need to adapt my peacemaker.... :cry:

Lance
30th April 2004, 01:02 AM
that should INcrease your motivation. :)

i know it really frosts me that Ben is still ahead on lap. and that you're still ahead on race. well, no, i don't really feel bad, exactly, but i would prefer to be ahead. :D

btw, it looks to me as though 2097 and XL are nearly identical to each other in potential ultimate times. makes it possible to sort of compete against each other cross-version

Asayyeah
30th April 2004, 01:21 AM
True Lance
The only 2 things i need is to find a new TV ( which is higher than 50 Hz), and a moded playstation.
See that next year...

G'Kyl
30th April 2004, 08:35 AM
If 2097 is floatier, shouldn`t LANCE get a moded PSX? ;-))
You`re right though, I'd very much like to have a US system myself. Just so the times would definitely be comparable to each other.

Oh, and I wouldn`t feel bad about Arnaud still being ahead more than a second for race. I don`t believe the Piranha can be beaten over the course of a full race in any class on any track. I, on the other hand, should certainly feel bad about race records times!!! ;)

Ben

Animagic
5th May 2004, 07:46 PM
thanks for the warm welcome, guys :D

I got myself a new copy of wipeout 3 so I'm gonna practice and build my skills again to post some lap times :D :D :D
(I am so rusty at the antigravity racing)

here's a cheesy quick painting I did based on the world of wipeout

the smaller version (http://www.animagicart.com/images/wipeout2b_lo.jpg)
click me for a bigger version (http://www.animagicart.com/images/wipeout2b.jpg)

edit:: fixed image posting

-Animagic

Lance
5th May 2004, 08:06 PM
sorry that the warm welcome wandered off topic, or rather, wandered back to The Topic.

very nice image. i know this will be tough for a graphic artist, but for posting in the forums, as a courtesy to the people who only have dial-up, and perhaps to keep down our server's bandwidth, please only post a low pixel count thumbnail linking to the image, or post the link only. be assured that any links will be looked at. we're a curious bunch. and always eager for new Wipeout images.
got any more? :)

Animagic
6th May 2004, 05:07 AM
sorry that the warm welcome wandered off topic, or rather, wandered back to The Topic.

very nice image. i know this will be tough for a graphic artist, but for posting in the forums, as a courtesy to the people who only have dial-up, and perhaps to keep down our server's bandwidth, please only post a low pixel count thumbnail linking to the image, or post the link only. be assured that any links will be looked at. we're a curious bunch. and always eager for new Wipeout images.
got any more?

Hey man thanks for the heads up on the image posting standard for the forum
I'm on dial-up too I know how it is :D

I don't have anymore yet, but I really want to do more.
I'd like to draw some pilots tuning up their craft really pour some details into the ships
but hopefully my work schedule will give me some free time to do that. :D

-Animagic

Lance
6th May 2004, 05:09 AM
i think the style of the one you posted is very dynamic. i like the look of the Feisars in it very much.

good idea on the pilot's tune up. i'd very much like to see that

G'Kyl
6th May 2004, 09:07 AM
It's a bit cheesy, alright ;) , but I like it! Have you only done artwork for Wipeout or other games, movies etc. as well? If any of the latter, I think I'd like to see them.

Ben

Piranha Advancements
6th May 2004, 05:59 PM
For a quick image,that one looked allright.

And hey there.

G'Kyl
8th May 2004, 08:25 AM
Oha, I just found this when browsing through old threads (was looking for something):

I don`t believe the Piranha can be beaten over the course of a full race in any class on any track.
Sorry I underestimated a certain member of this forum. :) A member whose times I still plan on beating, though. *gg* (...as soon as I will have time to race again... :( )
Anyway, I just wanted to leave this as an extra note - first time a Piranha race time was beaten by another ship, I believe! *opens a bottle of champagne*

Ben