PDA

View Full Version : Vagrant Logic, Age = 21

Hybrid Divide
26th April 2004, 08:17 AM
Yeah, I've FINALLY turned 21!
So I finally have the last of the various age related restrictions removed from me.
I'm now free to hit the bars and pubs around here whenever I like! :D

8)

I'll be sure to toast to all of you guys tonight when I go celebrate! :D

zargz
26th April 2004, 08:37 AM
cheers! 8)

Lance
26th April 2004, 11:32 AM
i am at this moment raising a cup of cocoa in your honour

Piranha Advancements
26th April 2004, 05:44 PM
Congrats dude.

21 seemed so far away for me..

Shem
26th April 2004, 08:11 PM
Congrats Vargant!!
I'm happy for you so you can hit any bar you like, get drunk as a russian admiral without any consequence at all. ( I could do it [or would do it? :wink: ] when I was 18, so...a year ago..hmmm... :roll: ]

P.S. huh? a senior wiper? what's that?

Synthetic Consciousness
26th April 2004, 08:32 PM
Happy birthday, Vagrant! And many more! :D

Lance
26th April 2004, 09:41 PM
Shem, it doesn't mean that you've suddenly gotten as old as me, it just means that you have more than 150 posts

yuusen
26th April 2004, 10:20 PM

no no no, it means that he is currently spending time as an honourary mexican pilot.
--
happy 21st, vagrant! i'll be doing the same march in two weeks' time and can sympathise with youre excitement perfectly! i hope it brings/has brung you lots of joy and jolly jooblyness!

¥

Lance
26th April 2004, 10:24 PM
man that pun was so ....
well, all i can say is that you'd best get off the top of ''Mount Snowdon'' quick

yuusen
26th April 2004, 10:26 PM

what ya gonna do, poncho me?

¥

Lance
26th April 2004, 10:28 PM
nah, all i'm gonna do is si you and laugh
;)

yuusen
26th April 2004, 10:34 PM

yeah? juan you gonna get a chance to do that? :D

¥

Lance
26th April 2004, 10:38 PM
as soon as we get to any spanish-speaking country whose natives will kill us for amusedly abusing their language with seeming disrespect. :)

yuusen
26th April 2004, 10:46 PM

yes, yes, your right.

erm..

happy birthday vagrant!

¥

G'Kyl
27th April 2004, 05:50 AM
A late "Happy Birthday" from me as well!
It never hurts to be reminded of one`s new and improved much older age. ;-) (what do you mean by "lousy excuse for being late"?!)

Ben

xEik
27th April 2004, 07:33 AM
It's señor, not senior. :roll:

That is a ~ followed by an n and is pronounced like French 'gn'. ;)

Synthetic Consciousness
27th April 2004, 07:42 AM
[as soon as we get to any spanish-speaking country whose natives will kill us for amusedly abusing their language with seeming disrespect. :) ]

...Happy now, Lance? :P

xEik
27th April 2004, 10:52 AM
abusing their language

My language isn't Spanish. It's Catalan. 8)
I just happen to live in a spanish-speaking country. :-?

Lance
27th April 2004, 03:40 PM
we know what the pronunciations and spellings are, but to make interlingual puns it is sometimes necessary to stretch and distort reality.

we are not in that country. i might be having even more fun if we were.

Catalans, like Quebecois [note that i have not put in the cedille], are a culture to themselves, but without their own national government, being part of a larger nation. as such, they are even more highly aware of their own culture, and of the differences between it and that of the majority of the country they are a part of, whether a willing part or not

xEik
27th April 2004, 03:58 PM
There's no cedille 'ç' in Québécois. Maybe you meant the missing ´ in the e's instead? ;)

Hybrid Divide
28th April 2004, 10:33 PM
Thanks for all the well wishes guys. :D

I had to fight a killer hangover yesterday, but I eventually won.

Let me know if any of you decide to visit Seattle.
I'll buy ya a drink! :D

Lance
28th April 2004, 11:36 PM
note that i have stiLL not put in the cedille. :D
i wish that i could claim that it was some subtle little literati joke, but no. i forgetfully forgot that i was forgetting to remember that it's [very roughly] kay-beh-kwa or smth
[btw, isn't the second one supposed to be an accent grave instead of an accent aigu as you have shown it, or have i forgot even more than i remembered i had?]
[ / \ instead of / / ]
[ //// \ \\ // \ / \\\ // \ whEEEEEEEEEEE]
[no i've not been taking in chemicals of non-food origin :) ]

VL, welcome to the world of adults, where the bad consequences of self-indulgence tend to outweigh the good ones 'cos we have to pay for them ourselves. dammit ;)

JABBERJAW
29th April 2004, 01:19 AM
A late happy birthday from me as well :D You still got 9 years before you can be considered over the hill. I think lance came back over the hill last year :o based on his ever improving times

Mano
29th April 2004, 04:56 AM
Happy 21 V.L.!, may you look upon your future with decision, and build it strong. I think its a good age to start doing your most serious things and plans if you havent started yet; and use the new tools you have access to, not only for fun (as im sure everyone can be expert in :)); but for your evolution, and your goals.

xEik
29th April 2004, 09:36 AM
[btw, isn't the second one supposed to be an accent grave instead of an accent aigu as you have shown it, or have i forgot even more than i remembered i had?]
Mmh, google says Québécois. So I'll take that as good enough, besides, I'm quite sure both 'e' sound the same.

Asayyeah
29th April 2004, 12:56 PM
:oops: i am the slower here to tell you a great happy 21th birthday :wink:

Thruster2097
29th April 2004, 03:30 PM
Hey VL, congrats on the birthday!
Next time I am frequenting the bars and clubs in my town I'll think of you buddy!
(nows the time to start thinking about pensions and life insurance... :lol: )

Lance
29th April 2004, 04:57 PM
[continuing off topic]hm.. okay. just seems odd to have the name of the country ( ;) sorry. ahem, province) be pronounced 'kaybake' [yah, ya, i know, it's probably another one of those changes of spelling and pronunciation 'required' by change of speech part. still seems peculiar, though]

KIGO1987
28th July 2009, 09:02 PM
Yeah, I've FINALLY turned 21!
So I finally have the last of the various age related restrictions removed from me.
I'm now free to hit the bars and pubs around here whenever I like! :D

8)

I'll be sure to toast to all of you guys tonight when I go celebrate! :D

Its 18 here;)

Darkdrium777
28th July 2009, 11:44 PM
29th April 2004, 12:57 PM
Today, 05:02 PM

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/952/facepalmf.gif

Since I'm here, Lance: it's Québécois.

Task
29th July 2009, 01:19 AM
Yeah, when I saw his post I was just wondering if KIGO was advertising whatever it is that he's smoking. 8 )

rdmx
29th July 2009, 08:39 AM
Oh there's older to be revived, it's just I'd be struck with the might of a 1000 hammers if I tried... >_>
hint: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1

NightArh
29th July 2009, 08:54 AM
Hehe! My congratulations! :beer

PS
There is no such strict restrictions in the country I live. First time I got drunk was far from 21 years old... :( Some young people become alchogol addicted before 21.
Any schoolboy can buy vodka here without problems almost everywhere. Shame. :(

KIGO1987
29th July 2009, 10:25 AM
So the legal age of sex is 14 in Eastern Europe?

Having vodka apart of the school curriculum must be fun.

NightArh
29th July 2009, 10:33 AM
At 18 years age you can buy beer, low alcohol drinks and at the age of 21 you can buy more strong drinks. But who cares about that laws... :?

KIGO1987
29th July 2009, 11:08 AM
What the hell is

"needless necro-posting"

????

NightArh
29th July 2009, 11:17 AM
Ops... The topic is not fresh really... I took no notice on the date this thread was created. My apologies

KIGO1987
29th July 2009, 11:19 AM
What difference does that make?:?

infoxicated
29th July 2009, 11:58 AM
There's a big difference, because the world has moved on since this topic was created and it's completely and utterly irrelevant to Vagrant Logic what the drinking age is in Australia, when he's 26 and in Seattle.

That's not a pearl of wisdom you posted - it's a turd in the long forgotten garden of a thread from 2004.

Not big. Not clever. Not useful. Just pointless.

About the only justifiable reason for this thread to be revived would be Vagrant Logic turning 30 and bumping it to celebrate - that would have been neet, but no - you hadn't had any attention brought to yourself for what must be... oooh, hours now, and here we have it; another necro post to add to your collection.

Ladies and ****ing gentlemen, a round of applause for the needy man in Oz, I beg of you; :clap