PDA

View Full Version : Still need a copy of Wip3out SE

Hybrid Divide
7th April 2004, 06:02 AM
I've FINALLY got a steady income of money. (And my 21st birthday rapidly approaching)
And I still need to get my hands on a copy of Wip3out SE.

Any / all help is very appreciated.
Thanks in advance guys! :D

noah
7th April 2004, 07:58 PM
eBay is your best bet. I got my copy on there. W3:SE seems to pop up every few days (almost always in UK, you may have to use ebay.co.uk in order to find the game).

Looking through eBay, I found this: a PAL playstation, plus 3 controllers, 3 memory cards, and 12 games, including Wipeout 3 Special Edition (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3089392141), with a starting bid of 20 pounds. Sounds like a very nice deal.

The other available one right now that I found is just S.E. by itself (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3089645171).

yuusen
8th April 2004, 06:23 PM

amazon.co.uk is where i got mine. no bidding, just click and receive. just search for the game, look in the used section (probably your only option) and select the right balance of price/condition for you.

when is your 21st, vagrant? mine is coming up on the 4th may and my birthday iPod came through the post today! it was really nice of me to send it to me, i really shouldnt have. :wink:

¥

Hybrid Divide
22nd April 2004, 01:00 AM
Thanks for the well wishes :D
My birthday is on April 26.

I would order it from amazon.co.uk but if I remember right, people in the US can't order from there. Or amazon can't send it here (Seattle, WA, USA), or something like that.

Perhaps I should look into it again... :-?

Rapier Racer
22nd April 2004, 08:36 PM
How much did it cost you on amazon yuuusen? I was gonna buy it there but read another post and dicovered that it was on sale at HMV with DD2 for half the price it was on amazon

Rapier Racer
10th May 2004, 09:09 PM
Wehey!! I finally got my copy of WO 3 SE delivered today and it totally kicks ass, its the best Wipeout it has to be :D

Rapier Racer
10th May 2004, 11:23 PM
By the way where are the Japanese tracks?

Lance
11th May 2004, 12:58 AM
i imagine you have to win them as bonuses/rewards for completing a particular sequence of victories

lunar
11th May 2004, 01:03 PM
You can either do that, probably having to face such "delights" as winning P-Mar with a Goteki 45, or you can just enter ALLTRACK as the default name and rip it on LS106. :wink:

Lance
11th May 2004, 02:13 PM
gasp!
but but [horrors], that would be... chEating!
;)

[shh.. do i have to leave a space between the r and the w?]

Rapier Racer
11th May 2004, 02:31 PM
I thought that might be the case, must be the classic tracks you need to get gold for, I think I'll get them the honest way.

lunar
11th May 2004, 03:24 PM
chEating...... I prefer to call it Economy of Effort. When I unwrapped 3SE I just wanted to get to the good stuff as soon as possible. And the ovals are vEry good stuff. :D

I don`t have the patience to slog through Odessa Keys with a Feisar at Vector or Venom. You can always use ALLTRACK and then go back for the golds later. :wink:

G'Kyl
11th May 2004, 03:55 PM
Take a deeeep and long breath, Lance. ALLTRACK may give you tracks. but not a single fast lap time!
:)

Ben

Naaaw, but it would be SO easy...."type a-l-l-t-r-a-c-k, type it for precious more tracks!"..."but no, that would take the fun out of it, Smeagol won't, Smeagol won't..."

Lance
11th May 2004, 05:30 PM
you do of course realise that i was kidding. i've been known to avoid racing on tracks i don't like with ships i don't like. i am too old to be patient, to waste time on doing unpleasant things. but really, no matter what age you are, there is never so much time that one would waste it on anything that is not either fun or absolutely necessary to one's continued existence. one becomes more and more aware of this as one gets older and older. just spend time doing what you love and you will not be aware of time at all :)

G'Kyl
11th May 2004, 07:51 PM
This should definitely become a famous quote in some "wisdom from the early 21st century" edition. :)
Hmm, looks like I wasn't able to let my own irony shine from behind the last post's lines. :)

Ben

Lance
11th May 2004, 08:00 PM
oh, i saw the irony all righty, like yuuusen's in another post. ;)
but i felt like speechifyin'. been too damned philosophical the last couple of days. i even wrote a poem yesterday and posted it on my livejournal, for all the world to see. ;) as though all the world were actually looking. [ big eyeroll ]

G'Kyl
11th May 2004, 09:39 PM
Oh, but I did look (after you mentioned it, naturally :) ). I always liked "common" people's poems, stories and whatever they come up with. I wrote a whole story for my girlfriend myself for our anniversary, which includes three poems. Anyway, what I wanted to say is that it is amazing just how many people out there are actually writing on a regular basis. There's a poet in everyone of us, I suppose.
Ah, but we are drifting away from the subject matter. To give this post some relevance I have to say I seriously considered using that cheat, sicne I had almost finished W3O before I lost my old memory card. But then, there's always the bitter taste of not being worth the game if you cheat, which I never do. And so won't start it now. :)

Ben

Lance
11th May 2004, 09:57 PM
eek!
''common''
eek!
;)

it's a really sappy, melancholy, wistful poem. not typical of my work, but you're only as good as your newest and you are who you are only in the present moment.

G'Kyl
11th May 2004, 10:16 PM
How come I expected just that reaction? ;-)
Well, I better correct then into: "[...] liked 'common' people's, present moderators excluded, poems [...]." :)

I don't agree with someone being only as good as their newest, though. I'd rather think it's all of your work that defines your abilities and standard.

Ben

Hybrid Divide
11th May 2004, 11:02 PM
wow.

This has really gotten off topic! Oh well.

Carry on. :D

Lance
11th May 2004, 11:23 PM
doesn't it always? :)
but that just shows that it's a lively conversation by multi-dimensional people. and you got it started. thank you for doing so. :)

G'Kyl
12th May 2004, 06:50 AM
Indeed. I always thought the prosaic, or poetic for that matter, aspects of Wipeout to receive far too little attention! ;-)

Ben

Rapier Racer
13th May 2004, 09:18 PM
Hmmm there’s only one thing I don't like about WO 3 SE, Sagarmatha, why did they have to make it so bright!!! 8) is it supposed to be frozen or something?

G'Kyl
13th May 2004, 09:41 PM
Well, at least there seemsto be a hell of a lot of white (!) snow there. ;))
Why yea, I always took Sagarmatha for the somewhat typical winter kinda track. Dunno why. I wish my manual were somewhere near...

Roger
14th May 2004, 08:05 AM
Yes, friends, Sagarmatha is an ice track in Nepal. Sagarmatha is also the name of the world's highest mountain (also known as Chomolungma or Mount Everest.)

While searching for the track description, I came across Radio Sagarmatha! (http://www.radiosagarmatha.org/). Ain't it cool? 8)

G'Kyl
14th May 2004, 10:14 AM
Wow, I certainly never heard that before. Do you know what language "Sagarmatha" is?

I bet the designers deliberately chose the name because they knew for sure hardly anybody would ever figure out it's just "Mount Everest". ;)

Ben

infoxicated
14th May 2004, 10:22 AM
I'd put good money on it - when I first moved to Liverpool there was a restaurant along the road called Valparaiso (http://www.sugarvine.com/Liverpool/feature_stories/feature_stories.asp?story=120)! Total double take when I seen it the first time, although I figured it was just too fan-boy-ish to eat there for the sake of it.

Nick B came on at some point and told us how they came up with some of the names, like Terramax meaning "earthy" as in terra firma. :)

G'Kyl
14th May 2004, 10:51 AM
Oh no, I see a huge crack in the walls of illusion around my favourite video game universe? ;)

infoxicated
14th May 2004, 03:05 PM
funny... I seen a Chilean restaurant! :lol: