PDA

View Full Version : Travel abroad due to Wipeout

Asayyeah
7th March 2004, 09:39 PM
Sometimes through Internet, you meet people who share the same passion as you.
And sometimes you decide to ' cross the line ' and meet them where they live.
And actually it's what happend to me :
I meet Stindah and Cool Lover through this site and we decide to see eachothers in Scotland. They friendly invite me for a week. Aren't they great?
it's from the 9th to the 15th of March.
So if this topic won't be deleted , i will share my week to you : the Asayyeah's reports from the Highlands!!

JABBERJAW
7th March 2004, 10:28 PM
Sounds fun. Make sure to bring your ps and tv so you can play link mode.

infoxicated
8th March 2004, 08:26 AM
Cool - hope the weather holds out for you :)

stin
8th March 2004, 06:05 PM
Yes looking forward to meet Asayyeah tomorrow.
Al, don`t worry we have been well prepared for him and it is interesting for us to play Wipeouts so I can beat him on Vector level :wink: :roll:

So here we go :D

stin :D

Ally
8th March 2004, 08:28 PM
Where are you guys meeting? I'm quite close remember..

-Ally

JABBERJAW
9th March 2004, 12:47 AM
I don't know if anyone can beat him on any level after looking at those times :o

Thruster2097
9th March 2004, 02:22 PM
Im in Kent. You know, england?? Just down the road from you...
I would come visit if I could, but I just cant! I would need to take a day off holiday to make the journey, defend my honour, lose and get back home!

enjoy, post pics and stories!

stin
12th March 2004, 07:15 PM
He did arrived safely and settled down very well. Me and Asayyeah will show pictures soon and we will write a story soon. :D

Now he is playing Feisar and I`m playing Auricom on Ilink with 2097(psx) on Venom, so we have been playing for 30mins then he is totally whupped my butt!!!! :o :o :oops: :oops:

He is making his game looks soooo easy!!! :o :o :o and it`s awesome to watch Asayyeah :D

stin :D

Lance
12th March 2004, 07:36 PM
''He is making his game looks soooo easy!!!''
as xEik's mantra says, ''Practice Leads To Perfection'' and it's clear that Arnaud has practiced a lOT :)

[goes to crank up the PSX again [gotta get ready to beat Al's times 8) )]

stin
12th March 2004, 07:49 PM
OOPs! I did forgot to say to you Al, I have my SE and Asayyeah IS gonna play! :o

stin :o :cry:

stin
12th March 2004, 07:51 PM
''He is making his game looks soooo easy!!!''
as xEik's mantra says, ''Practice Leads To Perfection'' and it's clear that Arnaud has practiced a lOT :)

[goes to crank up the PSX again [gotta get ready to beat Al's times 8) )]

Yes I can see that!!!

stin :)

JABBERJAW
12th March 2004, 10:42 PM
Have him try talon's with the icarus. Just to see what he can get. Are you playing link with 3se?

stin
13th March 2004, 08:59 AM
Have him try talon's with the icarus. Just to see what he can get. Are you playing link with 3se?

Not yet and will see tonight :wink:

Actually we have been trying to link it up, it did say succesful but did not joined! :cry: so any hints for us? (2097 DID work with a link) I will try again tonight and hope it will work.(fingers crossed)

stin :)

Asayyeah
13th March 2004, 10:24 AM
Scottish Asayyeah is there !!
I finaly arrive the 11th not the 9th due to stupid french authorities. They did not permit me to board because i forgot to change my address on passport. So in less than 2 days , i would able to have a new one ( 2 days for a passport it`s like acheiving an hypothetical 14.6 on Talon`s reach ...)
After that problem solved, I have seen for the first time in real Stin and cool lover. I must say it` s better than seeing them through webcam !!
Never saw, such a friendly family, i am really honoured to have had this invitation to stay a week in Scotland.
I have a lack of vocabulary words to describe how it`s awesome to share the same passion for Wipeout and travel abroad to meet my fellow buddies.
I first discovered W3O SE : so amazing and long game. I hope not to deceive Al with my times...
But now , i need to leave , with the whole Family, we are going to visit Glencoe, the scottish mountains, i don`t know if i can find Shortcuts with that sort of track....

cool lover
18th March 2004, 07:30 PM
well just to say it was very good having asayyeah to stay, we had lots off fun playing wipeout and other things and it will be a pleasure to invite him back again he wants to come to our crazy home :D

cool lover 8)

lunar
19th March 2004, 01:05 AM
Glad you all had a great time. I noticed the pack of red Marlboro in one of the photos.... this is obviously where I`m going wrong, only smoking Lights. :wink: Maybe this could be a new experiment..... who`s fastest - smoking pilots or healthy ones. Better still would be to give up this habit - don`t smoke, kids.

Assayeah, hope you enjoyed Glencoe, beautiful place and the road across Rannoch Moor to get there would make quite an AG track I think.

Lance
19th March 2004, 02:38 AM
yeah, it must have been great. i wish more of us could get together for racing and just hanging out.

[how about an upward spiral around Ben Nevis and back down to the bottom through an artificial shaft bored right through the center? maybe throw in a couple of switchbacks on each side of the spiral just for variety and added difficulty.]

Asayyeah
21st March 2004, 12:40 AM
A quick feed back in the past... some days ago... breathe pure air on Glencoe mountains...visiting the whiskey shop :oops: , visiting also the big castle of Edimbourgh ( i ve made a prisoneer inside the castle jails : Cool Lover : tell her what she had endured... :D :D )
A great warm wellcome from my new scottish family, the extraordinary delicious gallush food ( totally different from England :P ), playing ilink ( 2097+SE), laughing as i haven't done from ages at this level.
I have visited many countries but this trip will be my funniest.
I will never forget all the good times i ve spent there.