PDA

View Full Version : WipEout Mini news (PSP)

Escaped_Badger
23rd February 2004, 07:56 PM
Source - www.pspinsider.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
According to a recent hint from a Sony representative, the futuristic PlayStation racer WipEout, could be hitting the PlayStation Portable. As of yet, SCEE hasn’t officially announced any PlayStation Portable titles, so any mention of the game heading towards the upcoming handheld still remains as a matter of speculation. More details on WipEout will be posted as they arise.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Has anyone seen anymore details on this? Would you expect this to be an all new game or a conversion of an existing game?

Lance
23rd February 2004, 11:05 PM
hi Badger, i hope you're enjoying the freedom. welcome to the WipeoutZone

i suspect that certain aspects of the game will revert to pre-Fusion character; at least i hope so. most particularly WO3 handling and records keeping and replay. and... um... narrow courses. i think there will certainly be new cosmetics since the design of Fusion started so long ago. this would mean some new ship designs and trackside graphics. even newcomers to the series did not buy the game in great numbers, so i'm hoping that Sony comes to its collective senses and makes the game hardcore once again

Escaped_Badger
24th February 2004, 01:16 PM
Yeah Fusion was a bit disappointing, strange handling and a poor soundtrack. Hopefully the PSP version will go back to its roots, a compilation of the best tracks and erm, tracks, would be great.