PDA

View Full Version : Whats The Difference Between White & Black Negcon's

Glockster0
16th January 2004, 10:55 PM
Other Than Color And Where Can I Get A Brand New Replacement For Mine ? Any And All Help Greatly Appreciated Guys & Gals !

science
17th January 2004, 01:38 AM
black negcons= smaller and fit your hand better, and from what ive been told were intended to be less expensive than the older white ones. Ironic, huh? White ones= plentiful while black ones= acutal bigfoot sightings. You cant find them anywhere. I've got one, almost got two on ebay when i first bought mine, but some feller who won the first auction purposely pushed the price up on the second one because he thought that was what i was doing to him. then he emailed me and threatened me; called me names like "jerky" and "flapjack" (it's true!). so i just have one black one and 3 white ones. Ive had to open the black one up and fix it once before. I dont know where you or me or anyone could ever find another one.
BTW, you werent the feller that called me "flapjack", were you? ;)

Glockster0
17th January 2004, 02:41 AM
Thanks And Naw Wasn't I That Called You Flapjack Should've Filled Him Full O Proton Cannon Shot Though People I Swair Can Be Moronic LMAO ! Anyway Like I Said Any And All Help Greatly Appreciated On An Black Negcon Hunt !!

science
17th January 2004, 04:15 AM
I am constantly looking for them. The only place ive ever seen them is ebay, and i probably havent seen one there in a year or two.

FoxZero
17th January 2004, 05:31 PM
the difference is some white negcons think they are better than the black negcons and always try to keep them down...

xEik
17th January 2004, 06:44 PM
Weolcome to WipeoutZone, Glockster0.

You should get a new keyboard or replace that sticky "shift" key.

I'm sure you get the hint. ;)

djb
21st January 2004, 08:14 PM
it took me 3 years to find a black negcon, i have 7 white, 2 of which were rewired to accomodate the lack of fusion negcon presets, though they are gathering dust along with the game!, and one black which i do like though i dont use it much as its almost impossible to replace., the main differences besides size and colour, are that the black negcon grips have a triangular side profile, making them easier to hold, and the d-pad has a slighlty more "clicky " nature in use, its worth hunting down the black one, just so your mind can rest, as looking for one can send you mad. but in practice the white ones are just fine., put it this way, if the world was full of black negcons, and namco released a larger white one in limited quantities, they would probably be more sought after than the black ones are now! the grass isnt greener, its just a bit smaller :wink:

lunar
21st January 2004, 08:30 PM
! the grass isnt greener, its just a bit smaller :wink:

:lol:

you`ve got seven white negcons :o that`s quite an insurance policy.

you have to wonder what they were doing in fusion, not letting you set up your negcon buttons exactly as you want. I hate it when developers decide they know better than you what you want. Gawd, that game gets worse every day :wink:

I can now end my search for a black neg, before it has even begun.

Wiseman
24th January 2004, 06:34 AM
I think I'm going to go ahead and try to get myself a Negcon. Saw one on eBay for a $1, sounds good to me! 8)

yuusen
24th January 2004, 02:51 PM

how much did you pay for your black neGcon djb?

¥

yuusen
24th January 2004, 07:58 PM

a black neGcon yesterday : http://www.ncsx.com/ncs0330/ncs0413/negcon.jpg

¥

djb
25th January 2004, 02:09 PM
i paid around £40 , cant remember the exact price, and got it from ebay, i asked the guy i bought it from whether or not he could get any more, he said he travelled to japan on a regular basis, and would keep an eye out for them, but i havent heard since, my white ones were from special reserve game store, and cost only £4.99 each!, so i bought a load, i doubt they have any left now though:(, good luck in your search if you are after one!

yuusen
25th January 2004, 02:17 PM

thanks djb.
i got my first white one a few years ago when they were easy to come by. i then foolishly sold it to pay rent for somewhere i hated living but didnt have the wit to leave.
after joining the forums here, i bought one for £5 on ebay.
for some reason im not that attracted to the black ones, i dont feel that i need mine to be smaller, unless its also shorter, which means that i really would get some fast turn rates. in the pictures it just looks narrower from top to bottom.

i had a look around the import store on the site that i found the picture posted above but they had none. they did however have a jogcon. anyone remember those? anyone GOT one and want to share their views on it? personally i feel it was a waste of developemtn time on namcos behalf, as they should have given it the same movement translation code format as the negcon. as it stands i only know of one game it works with and thats RR type4.

¥

Lance
25th January 2004, 03:16 PM
as a lover of R4, i wish i had a jogcon. i started playing videogames so late that jogcons, negcons, WO1, and WO2 were already out of production and WO3 had been introduced in the U.S. six months before but was already in the bargain bin at Wal-Mart for 14.95. i had heard of a jogcon, but the stores no longer had them. my finances may be making a turnaround in the next 2 or 3 months if things go as planned, so i may be able to actually go looking for these things you guys keep mentioning. i definitely want to at least try a negcon for WO even if it turns out i don't like it

Cobol
11th April 2004, 07:58 PM
Sorry to bring back an old topic, but I think this might be useful for future references.

In these sites there are pictures of the black and white negcon together, so you can see the differences in shape and size between them:

http://www3.ocn.ne.jp/~woods/cont/negb/negb1.html

http://park17.wakwak.com/~nonnon/shiryo/idevice/ps/negcon/negcon.html

Lance
11th April 2004, 08:55 PM
great pics, cobol. thanks for the links. the wakwak page really goes into detailed analysis.

i wish i could read japanese or translate online translations ;)

i notice an oddity in that my white neGcon has the same shoulder buttons as black neGcons. they're quite different from the ones shown on the white model. is this a Japanese only white neGcon button being shown here, or what?

Cobol
11th April 2004, 09:47 PM
Maybe, I don't know how many different models of neGcon were made, in this picture there is a black neGcon with black and white buttons instead of the red ones: http://park17.wakwak.com/~nonnon/shiryo/idevice/nrp-usb/nrp-usb2.jpg

And japanese pages can be translated on www.world.altavista.com but the translation is pretty bad.

vh5150
25th December 2004, 11:18 PM
http://img96.exs.cx/img96/8770/negblk4hf.png300,000+ byte image
http://img96.exs.cx/img96/2170/negcon6oq.png

Lance
25th December 2004, 11:36 PM
please do not post such large images directly in the forums; have pity on the dial-up users and post only the link instead.
385 kilobytes is nearly 10 times too much for direct posting.

Glockster0
26th December 2004, 10:29 PM
Any & All Help In Getting Either A Black Or White One New Please Would Most Appreciated

vh5150
28th December 2004, 07:29 AM
ebay

Lance
28th December 2004, 01:44 PM
vh5150, thanks for the edit

RJ O'Connell
29th December 2004, 05:30 PM
Geez, those must be pretty great controllers seeing as how highly they're rated here...Do they work for all installments like Wip3out and Fusion? (Just curious, in case I get one for myself.)

-(0|\|73|\||)3|2 3|_1|\/|1|\|/-\73|).

Rapier Racer
29th December 2004, 06:02 PM
not Fusiion

RJ O'Connell
29th December 2004, 06:04 PM
not Fusion
To quote Twisted Firestarter:

"Oh poo, POO, POO! Knickers! Smeggy pudding with cherries on top! In a word; GrrrrRRrR! "

Well it's not like you need it, after all, Fusion crafts seem to be on rails.

xEik
30th December 2004, 07:29 AM
NegCons work for 2097, 3 and Fusion. I've tested that myself.
I don't think it does with #1 since, AFAIK, NegCons didn't exist when the first WO was released.

Rapier Racer
30th December 2004, 09:44 AM
NeGcons do work with the first Wipeout at least they do on the Platinum version

Lance
30th December 2004, 01:38 PM
they also work with some non-WO games, such as Gran Turismo, N_Gen Racing, Ridge Racer [R4 and original, and probably others], and IIRC, Killer Loop. also Test Drive 5, but that was a very poorly implemented game that i don't enjoy. even a neGcon can't save it, but it makes all the other games i mentioned even more enjoyable than they are with Dual-Shocks

RJ O'Connell
30th December 2004, 04:56 PM
NegCons work for 2097, 3 and Fusion. I've tested that myself.
I don't think it does with #1 since, AFAIK, NegCons didn't exist when the first WO was released.
Why would you think they wouldn't if the intro screen had a thing that listed the copyrights of the neGCon?

Lance
30th December 2004, 06:35 PM
RJ if you know the facts, then state them. no other form of comment is required. your question seems to sarcastically imply a criticism of xEik's judgement, while simultaneously implying that your knowledge is always complete.

xEik's answer clearly shows that he does not have a copy of WO in order to check the correctness of his statement, but tries to give a possible clue to the facts. your inappropriately phrased question is consequently an inaccurate response to his post.

try not to let your teenage hormones run away with your judgement. the WipeoutZone is not an arena in which we compete for breeding status by attempting to show inferiority in others. i suffered from that same uncivilised tendency when i was a teenager, and even yet notice some traces of it in me; perhaps you will learn to control it even better than i have. if we want to compete for status, we can always try for top times in the records tables. [a field of endeavour where i freely admit that there are at least four {at lEAst} other pilots who can beat the hell out of my times any day of the week. and that's on my best game; i get clobbered even worse on others]

stin
30th December 2004, 06:52 PM
. if we want to compete for status, we can always try for top times in the records tables. [a field of endeavour where i freely admit that there are at least four {at lEAst} other pilots who can beat the hell out of my times any day of the week]

What are you referring? :wink:

stevie :)

Lance
30th December 2004, 07:01 PM
do you mean to whom am i referring?
well, if that's what you're asking, i mean Al, Arnaud, Mano, and Jason. then on WO3, i could add zargz, Jay West, George, and probably Leonardo Cruz. that makes 8. sheesh, if i keep this up, i'll be out of the top ten in no time

DuraFlex
30th December 2004, 07:04 PM
I'm not sure, but wasnt the negcon made for ridge racer revolution a game that was releasd after the first?

My copy of wipeout was included with my console, bought it couple of months before this Ridge Racer was released. And its true Namco is mentioned on the title screen, so it could be possible that the negcon works with it. But maybe my copy isnt the first version, dont know, its not platinum anyway. Cant try it since I dont have a negcon, so I'm not even sure if it would work, but I cant find another reason for namco being mentioned.

stin
30th December 2004, 07:08 PM
do you mean to whom am i referring?
well, if that's what you're asking, i mean Al, Arnaud, Mano, and Jason. then on WO3, i could add zargz, Jay West, George, and probably Leonardo Cruz. that makes 8. sheesh, if i keep this up, i'll be out of the top ten in no time

Precisly :wink:

stevie :D

zargz
30th December 2004, 08:16 PM
negCon definitely works on wo1 Platinum or not 8)

jogCon doeznt :(
the 1 i got didnt even work on the RR4 i got from eBay .. :evil:
actually not on any of the racing game i have .. :x

Lance
30th December 2004, 08:29 PM
and it was designed for R4. maybe the jogCon was broken?

zargz
30th December 2004, 08:44 PM
may b will check it .. :?

Rapier Racer
30th December 2004, 10:06 PM
that link didn't work, for me anyway

stin
30th December 2004, 10:45 PM
may b will check it .. :?

btw for a jogCon ---> http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/

that link didn't work, for me anyway

Don`t worry he is in a middle of a racing and he will be back when he got time. :wink:

stevie :D

xEik
31st December 2004, 08:46 AM
The reason I started my sentence with an "I don't think..." is that I haven't tested it myself and couldn't be sure.
Besides, the only copy I own of WO is the platinum version and I still haven't given it a try with the NegCon. In any case, if the platinum has an improved soundtrack it could be possible that it also has improved controller options. So my platinum copy wouldn't be enough proof to tell about the original release.
Hence the only thing I could do was to make deductions. My best bet was that the NegCon hadn't still been released when WO was out (something I still cannot confirm). Therefore my assumption that it would not work. However, I'm glad zargz has clarified everything.
I believe that a statement that started with an "I don't think..." has spurred more controversy than it deserved. :) It's not like everything a moderator says has to be accepted as if it were some kind of dogma. ;)

zargz
31st December 2004, 09:15 AM
ok. for jogCon go to http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/

then --> Playstation --> Accessories --> then go to 2nd page of hits

3rd from above! 8)

xEik
31st December 2004, 10:33 AM
<offtopic>Hey Pavel, when did you move to Scotland?</offtopic>

zargz
31st December 2004, 11:17 AM
<offtopic> just a week ago 8) </offtopic>

Lance
31st December 2004, 01:49 PM
zargz: just visiting, or are you going to live there for a while and pick up a new language, Scottish?! ;)

-- -----------

back to an earlier topic, xEik, the ''controversy'' you speak of had more to do with my perception of the motivation of RJ's remark and my reaction to it. i could be wrong about this instance [though no one commented on this, even though they're free to say when i overreact], but RJ has tended to a certain smug smartassery since he joined, or at least that is my impression, so i assumed he was doing it again though it's possible it was a simple honest question. perhaps knowing what a smartass i was at his age has influenced my judgement. when human sexuality discovers us, we tend to become uncivilised twits who will take any opportunity to criticise someone else in order to make them look inferior in breeding status, not to mention just to support our own insecure egos. i know i did. is it possible that i'm merely projecting my own weaknesses on the rest of humanity? or perhaps just being too subtly analytical? could be. nothing is certain. i know that in my old age i've become exceptionally touchy about instances of people mistreating others due to egomania.

--------------

you haven't tested a neGcon on the original [platinum series] WO?! gasp!! but but but.... it's a requirement to use a neGcon on everything possible! uh... isn't it?

zargz
31st December 2004, 06:22 PM
u didnt overreact, lance, i felt that was a cheeky way of puting it!
just a little bit --> Respect! just a little bit --> Respect!
thank u! 8)

back to your Q lance: I'm just visiting a friend living in bonnybridge, scotland :D
look in the woz member list 2 c who could that be :?:
8O ??!

Lance
31st December 2004, 08:33 PM
no mystery, stevie already said a WZ member was coming several days ago. when he mentioned the ability to speak multiple languages i was pretty certain it must be you