PDA

View Full Version : Can't save!!!!

skythian
3rd January 2004, 05:33 AM
I just got Wipeout Fusion and I can save my game, but when I turn off the console and boot it up again later, it tells me there is not game data on the memory card. But there is game data: I can see it in the PS2's browser! This is frustrating! :evil:

Help please! :o

Mike

lunar
3rd January 2004, 08:22 AM
Make sure you`re using slot 1: I think fusion might be a game that insists on using that.

But seeing as you probably are using slot 1, and if you have really run out of ideas, try deleting your fusion save from the card and starting again. A few unlucky people have had corrupted save files with this game, so it might have happened to you.

welcome to wz, too. :)

infoxicated
3rd January 2004, 09:18 AM
Hi - welcome to the forums.

Your save structure has become corrupt - what you need to do is delete it from the memory card entirely, then let the game create a new save structure.

Best way to avoid this happening is to turn off auto-save and just save the game manually.

skythian
4th January 2004, 04:59 AM
Thanks, it took a few tries, but deleting the game file and trying again worked.

I appreciate the help!

Mike

infoxicated
4th January 2004, 03:45 PM
not the Mike Jordan by any chance? ;)

Kind of makes sense that his royal Airness would play anti-gravity racing games, though! :D

skythian
5th January 2004, 12:42 AM
No, not the Air Jordan. I don't even play basketball!

I get that a lot...

Mike

infoxicated
5th January 2004, 08:23 AM
I get that a lot...

Yeah, sorry... I couldn't resist ;)