PDA

View Full Version : Feisar Dominates F7200 Circuits!

science
8th December 2003, 12:53 AM
Has Feisar become the new craft of choice among pilots of the F7200 racing league? The records tables seem to speak for themselves. "I'll tell you, its the strangest thing," a newly contracted Feisar pilot said in a recent interview. "I used to race for team Icarus, and then one day everything just went topsy-turvy. There's two laps left on the course, and I'm leading by the better part of a lap. Suddenly my ship stalls and I can't seem to get up above 150 (kph) and before I know it, I've got Feisar ships leaving me in their exhaust trails. Do you have any idea how embarrassing that was?" Spokespersons for Team Icarus refused to comment.

But it doesn't stop there. This peculiarity affecting Feisar and Icarus seems to be turning into a widespread epidemic. The Manortop circuit has been largely dominated by the United African Nation's Team Assegai since its opening to F7200 racing several years ago. Recently, Assegai has not even bothered to enter the qualifiers at this venue. "It's like all of the teams have been switched around... one day we're doing fine, and the next thing you know, all of our pilots are out there racing like they've got a big lead weight in the trunk. AG-S and Feisar were putting missiles up our tailpipes just to get us out of the way," said a crew member for Assegai.

No one seems to know the cause behind this strange phenomenon, but experts report that the situation is under heavy investigation by league officials. When asked why scheduled races are not being suspended until further notice, the president of the F7200 league responded: "Are you crazy? There's money to be made from this, and lots of it. The fans are eating this stuff up. AG-Systems merchandise sales have shot up by 500% in the last three weeks, attendance is at maximum capacity for any circuit that Feisar competes on, and ratings are at an all time high. We'd be nuts to shut this down." As somewhat of an afterthought, he added, "...however, I’ve got my best people looking into it, and we foresee getting to the bottom of this any day now."

Less prominent teams such as the Pacific Islands' Goteki-45 and North Americas own Auricom aren't making as much of a fuss about the situation. "In the last 3 years we haven’t won a single tournament, and we've placed first on one track, and that was only because the guy that was second to last fired a quake after he got knocked upside down. It took out everyone on the track, except for us, since we were so far behind." Federal funding in North America has decreased in recent years because of the public's lack of interest in the sport. "It's like watching soccer," one NASCRAFT fan said of the F7200 league. "Who wants to watch soccer?" The Pacific Islands’ team funding has been redirected into a massive cleanup effort after the meltdown of the capital city's Fusion plant last year.

Whatever the cause, not everyone is so concerned by the league's dilemma. Citizens throughout Europe are experiencing a newfound unity as Feisar continues to bring home the gold, and the team is reinvesting prize money into research and development to assure that they maintain their already wide lead in the league. As one Feisar pilot was quoted after his effortless win at Stanza Inter last week, "We don't have a worry in the world right now, this suits us just fine."

::EDIT:: Infox inspired me to write this litte piece by misplacing a variable somewhere in the NTSC time tables. All of the ships got shifted around somehow. The tables look great BTW;)

Lance
8th December 2003, 03:35 AM
i am as good a fan of the Auricom team as anyone, but i was stunned... stuNNed i tell you, when i noted their recent absolutely dominating performance at Porto Kora. amazing! congratulations to the American team. success has been a long time coming for them. perhaps in the future their overall rankings will reflect the results they deserve.

infoxicated
8th December 2003, 08:53 AM
It would appear we do still have a problem there, then. :oops:

That's what you get for trying a quick fix. :roll:

I'll need to take a look at it this evening.

DJ Techno
8th December 2003, 04:00 PM
Now who is this guy who thinks Feisar is the dominate racing team in Fusion?

Fesair has stuck with the same way of racing as they have always since Wipeout...
easy handling, easy control, but lack the two things... Speed and Power.

I'm sorry but the choice of teams has always been either the American teams Auricom and Pirhana. And the legendary pilots Arial Tetsuo and Anastasia Tet...

Lance
8th December 2003, 04:37 PM
eople who haven't looked at the times tables yet.

they're talking about wipeoutzones records tables which are in process of being recoded and are currently mixed up in such a way that the team names have sometimes been switched around, so that suddenly top places in the tables are appearing to be held by the same pilots but with ships that they didn't actually use. such as auricoms and feisars being shown where actually it was Icaras that was used. and possibly other types of errors? i didn't look around there much

infoxicated
8th December 2003, 06:33 PM
I'm pretty sure I fixed the tables this morning... so they should be okay now.

Then again, I was pretty sure they were okay beforehand, so if anyone encounters more problems then let me know with a post in the appropriate forum (i.e. not this one.) so I can pass it over to the development team. :)

Lance
8th December 2003, 07:47 PM
ah, yes. the team. those guys are amazing. they never get enough credit, but yet they carry on loyally :)

DJ Techno
9th December 2003, 02:17 PM
I haven't checked out the tables for a while...

I see theres a difference from before...
I still see Icarus seems to be the dominate in Wip3out...which I think will change soon.

JABBERJAW
9th December 2003, 04:47 PM
Icarus will always dominate the top spots in wipeout 3. It is inevitable.

science
9th December 2003, 04:51 PM
not in TT ;)

FoxZero
9th December 2003, 05:33 PM
Icarus will always dominate the top spots in wipeout 3. It is inevitable

not in TT :wink:

You forget so easy, Mr. Anderson. The alpha wipeout system had no positions, there was no competition, everyone was equal. As a result it was a complete disaster, the system was entirely rejected. When first place was introduced, humans clawed desperately for it, because it beckoned to you. First place infected you, it spread until it became you. There is only one other organism that behaves like this.. a virus. First place is a disease. And Icarus? We are the cure.

Lance
9th December 2003, 05:58 PM
not merely a cure, but a religion
[bows repeatedly to avatar at left]

JABBERJAW
9th December 2003, 11:04 PM
porta = icarus mega mall = icarus sampa = icarus stanza = icarus hi fumii = icarus(not yet but soon) pmar project = assegai(but possibly icarus with letting up on gas. would be very difficult) manor top = assegai(hands down) terminal = icarus (not yet but soon). prototypes = no tt so icarus dominates ALL wipeout 3se classic tracks are best with icarus

science
9th December 2003, 11:54 PM
I'm not arguing that it doesn't domintat MOST of the spots, just not ALL the spots :P