PDA

View Full Version : Looking for playtesters for my OTB-RPG (excel sheet based) game

EienZero
10th January 2022, 08:35 PM
Still in development but feedback, ideas and/or help developing it could be amazing.

Thane Corrigan
7th February 2022, 03:26 AM
Been a while since I last used the forum, but the return of some interest in HD/Fury had me looking about the forums for a quick while. This post caught my eye. Looks like a quite intensive spreadsheet system, and seems like several years worth of tinkering as well, I remember seeing your posts in the "HD/Fury Stats" thread.

Looking through the screenshots, it looks like there are a few in-game eras that are being simulated in this. I'm wondering what exactly the rules and the format of this would be, i.e. whether it's a player vs player type of game using the spreadsheet formulae for "randomised rolls", or solo play vs the computer along the lines of a Manager type sports game?

Either way, clearly a lot of thought and effort has been put into this. I particularly like the inclusion of the distinction between the V-shaped Single-Hull and the Y-shaped Split-Hull as a functional statistic that could affect performance. Beyond simple appearance, only one console title (2048) has really addressed that as a functional feature to increase on-track stability, but the rest of the series has glossed over it entirely. So I think its inclusion is a nice touch.

I'm curious enough about this that I think I want to know more

EienZero
15th February 2022, 02:05 PM
Looks like a quite intensive spreadsheet system, and seems like several years worth of tinkering as well, I remember seeing your posts in the "HD/Fury Stats" thread...

Hey, thanks for the interest, it

EienZero
16th February 2022, 03:52 PM
Please head on to my Reddit post, follow me there and/or please join the new dedicated Discord for this as it seems like there's an issue with my mac clipboard and the web browsers, damn Apple!

https://www.reddit.com/r/WipeOut/comments/sthylu/new_discord_channel_for_my_nearly_finished/

- - - Updated - - -

Been a while since I last used the forum, but the return of some interest in HD/Fury had me looking about the forums for a quick while. This post caught my eye. Looks like a quite intensive spreadsheet system, and seems like several years worth of tinkering as well, I remember seeing your posts in the "HD/Fury Stats" thread.

Looking through the screenshots, it looks like there are a few in-game eras that are being simulated in this. I'm wondering what exactly the rules and the format of this would be, i.e. whether it's a player vs player type of game using the spreadsheet formulae for "randomised rolls", or solo play vs the computer along the lines of a Manager type sports game?

Either way, clearly a lot of thought and effort has been put into this. I particularly like the inclusion of the distinction between the V-shaped Single-Hull and the Y-shaped Split-Hull as a functional statistic that could affect performance. Beyond simple appearance, only one console title (2048) has really addressed that as a functional feature to increase on-track stability, but the rest of the series has glossed over it entirely. So I think its inclusion is a nice touch.

I'm curious enough about this that I think I want to know more

HERE @ REDDIT IS YOUR REPLY MAN https://www.reddit.com/r/WipeOut/comments/stxz80/reposting_here_my_failed_reply_in_the_wipeout/