PDA

View Full Version : Surprise surprise PACER delayed till end of Septmber .

blackwiggle
15th September 2020, 12:50 AM
God knows what the delay is this time ?
Copied and pasted below from the PACER steam page.

Hi Steam community

Release date
"Development on PACER for PC, PS4 and Xbox One (with PS4 Pro and Xbox One X enhancements) is complete! However, whilst the Steam version of PACER is ready and revving to go, both the Xbox One and PS4 versions are currently heading into final submission with our final Gold candidates and therefore will regrettably miss the originally planned September 17th release date. It is important to us that everyone gets to play PACER at the same time on PC and consoles therefore, please look forward to the simultaneous platform release before the end of September."

Playstation Access
"We're very proud of the work our incredibly small team has been able to produce with PACER and later today, Playstation Access will be streaming PACER on PS4 for the first time to show you the final game in action!

Thank you for all of your continued support. We are excited to show you PACER on PS4 with PlayStation Access and getting the game into your hands before the end of September.”

Racingfan
17th September 2020, 10:36 AM
I was that guy on steam forums asking which time it will be released on 17th, then a few hours later they announce a delay just 3 days before releases.

Consoles... ugh

Autechom
25th September 2020, 06:10 AM
Every day I check the internet twice for a date. Now end of September is imminent but still...Granted, it is out of their hands now. But come on. I just hope it will somehow bring the fun I hope for. Or it will be like Redshift - yeah, sure, good game, fun to play, but no real motivation to really getting good at it.
Fingers crossed X

Racingfan
27th September 2020, 12:58 AM
Every day I check the internet twice for a date. Now end of September is imminent but still...Granted, it is out of their hands now. But come on. I just hope it will somehow bring the fun I hope for. Or it will be like Redshift - yeah, sure, good game, fun to play, but no real motivation to really getting good at it.
Fingers crossed X

It'll be delayed until october at earliest 100%.

R8 is terrible in communication, so only trust the release date from R8's twitter, which is the only place where they communicate a little.

santuz_rocks
27th September 2020, 02:52 PM
Idea: they're planning a PS Plus release (like the summer hit Fall Guys and the amazing Rocket League years ago) in order to boost playerbase and popularity on twitch...it was a great idea for indie multiplayer titles and it should work again

Racingfan
27th September 2020, 05:54 PM
Idea: they're planning a PS Plus release (like the summer hit Fall Guys and the amazing Rocket League years ago) in order to boost playerbase and popularity on twitch...it was a great idea for indie multiplayer titles and it should work again

PACER is 39.99 euros on PC. If your goal is to make it popular, then you need streamers to play it, which means it needs to be reasonably priced or even free. There's a reason why among us is one of the most popular games out there right now, despite it only having 10 players when it was first released 2 years ago.If you make it free on PS4, then it should be free on PC too or the price should be adjusted to like 10-20, kinda like fall guys is

blackwiggle
27th September 2020, 10:09 PM
It would seem that the delays are being caused solely by Microsoft accreditation, if that involves Crossplay I don’t know.
From what others are telling me Microsoft are well known for being very slow with this.

What I do know is Sony on its Push Square site has had Pacer as a upcoming release twice , the last with September listed, hell Sony even showed a streamed showcase of Pacer 2 weeks ago, so the PS 4 version is obviously not the problem.

Unfortunately Pacer has been totally removed yet again from the Push Square upcoming game list😫, not shifted to a new possible month of release even, which is not a good sign.

All we can do is sit and wait , but tbh I’d be surprised if we get it before Xmas at this rate.

Just as well for me as I’m stuck in hospital after visiting for bad back - hip pains and a possible minor stroke, only to find after a battery of test that I have advanced Prostate cancer☹️

eLhabib
28th September 2020, 01:40 PM
Shiiiiiit. All the best to you! :eek

AdHoc
28th September 2020, 01:48 PM
F*ck man, good luck.

stin
28th September 2020, 04:48 PM
Whit!! That is not good! Mate, just be well.

stevie:eek

Concealed Sequence
28th September 2020, 05:22 PM
Never mind the game, I'm sorry to hear about your bad news!
All the best to you 😔

blackwiggle
28th September 2020, 07:12 PM
Never mind the game, I'm sorry to hear about your bad news!
All the best to you 😔

Cheers guys😊
I should run a pole asking what will be released first , me or Pacer LoL.

I must be a age thing , IÂ’m 60, as my Dr ordered some blood tests about 2 Years ago that said that I was in the range for it, but I brushed it off and never followed up with a specific prostrate test ( only stupid reason is I absolutely hate blood tests, I nearly pass out every time, itÂ’s not a needle thing)

They gave me two shots in the gut to lower my testosterone and all the pain went within a day, which was good.
Still got a bone scan test in a couple of hours and some biopsy due whenever, wish they would tell me as I think that will be the last test.
Then I suppose theyÂ’ll work out a treatment plan.
I got some good news from the bone guy yesterday about my leg - hip saying than with drugs and radiotherapy the bone - damage should repair, which tbh has been my biggest concern, as I didnÂ’t fancy myself as needing crutches or like to get around, I was told jogging is no longer on the cards but ok to cycle 😀
IÂ’ve just been looking up medical marijuana in Australia to cover nausea from treatment( IÂ’ve seen first hand how bad that can be ),itÂ’s in very early stages of availability here, and looks stupidly expensive Aus $150-$300 per month for certified and consistent strength oil.
I suppose there is always a more unreliable source🤪 but IÂ’d rather not smoke it tbh as smoking it doesnÂ’t last as long as ingested .

Very early days with this, IÂ’m optimistic as IÂ’m feeling better already, I suppose IÂ’ll have to wait and see just how bad it is and just what prospects I have.
**** happens 🤔
If your hitting 50 ish get your Dr to do a blood test for it, and follow up unlike me, if they catch it early you should have no problem treatment, unlike me leaving it go find the leaky tap has flooded the basement situation 😂

Concealed Sequence
28th September 2020, 09:56 PM
I'm glad to hear your bit of good news and that you're being positive about it. Thinking of you mate 🤞👍

Sausehuhn
29th September 2020, 09:11 AM
All the best, mate. Hang in there!

blackwiggle
1st October 2020, 10:51 AM
Thanks.

I've been in hospital for a week and just got discharged with my papers.:turd:(:--

After reading them it seems things are much much worse than I thought.

I'm basically riddled with cancer in my spine, head, ribs, hips, pretty much everywhere according to this report, talk about a shock :eek

I start Radiotherapy next Thursday for 5 treatments, and have to visit oncology to sort when I start Chemo the same day.....for how long?
Will Chemo help ?......if I posted my discharge papers and you read them you would probably say No.

The bit that worries me the most now is the report from the MRI scan of my skull [I spend 4.5 hours having a full body MRI scan, scary], it basically says I'm likely to suffer more issues like I have of lost hearing, eyesight, speech over time.
And seeing how progressed it is, that might not be far off as it's already effected me.

I don't want to go out a blind, dribbling, speechless vegetable.
I won't know what the results of any treatment will be until Feb 2021, but I am no longer optimistic, and neither is my sister in-law who knows about this stuff, and broke it to my brother when I sent her a copy of the report....shell shocked I think you could say he was.

Time for me to quickly make up a Bucket list it would seem.

It's been nice racing and talking with the forum members over the years, I hope to do a bit more of it before I kick the bucket.
I just thought I'd mention it if you suddenly never hear from me again, at least you will have known what had happened to me.

I might get a AG racing suit made and be cremated with my NegCon in my hands and wearing my VR helmet LOL.
Best way for a Wipeout tragic to go out I think.

As for PACER.......well Microsoft better get their crap together so PACER does get released and I do eventually get to play it.
I'll come back and haunt them if I don't

eLhabib
1st October 2020, 11:25 AM
Oh man, that's terrible, I'm at a loss for words...
All the best to you and your family, stay strong, fight back, and try to enjoy every minute of pure life from now on :rock

blackwiggle
1st October 2020, 12:04 PM
Thanks habib.

In all honesty, it's not really bothering me.

It bothering me that it's bothering my family more than anything.

Western culture always has a had weird disconnection with death.
It would rather try to scientifically disprove it and try to overcome it, rather than embrace it for it's inevitability

Death is the last part of life, it's not like it's something you can avoid, and I've always been well aware of that since I was a kid traveling around the world with my parents and watching different cultures, sort of like the way Indians look at death, they just don't worry about it because they know there is more than just this perceived momentary mortal existence we have of it.

Were are all light !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SfAoKxt4bw

EDIT: R8 issued a bit of news regarding the delay on their twitter feed.
https://twitter.com/R8Games
Shouldn't be long now......LOL

AdHoc
2nd October 2020, 03:37 AM
Sorry to hear, blackwiggle, I don’t know you but your nickname has been a familiarity to me for 14 years (we joined same month, same year) and I’ve enjoyed reading you, and still will.

As eLhabib says, stay strong regardless of what happens. I love that you’re so open and at peace with it, and that you’re letting us know. Fly high :)

Sausehuhn
5th October 2020, 02:55 PM
I can only repeat what has already been said; there are a few names on this board that kept it going through all these years, to this very day – and yours is one of them truly! Stay strong mate!

Autechom
5th October 2020, 09:19 PM
In light of such circumstances mere words sound so shallow. I admire that you take it as strong as you do. I´m not esoteric at all, but I believe positivity might have a, well, positive influence on your body´s persistence. I already read your comment in the Pacer group on PS and had to drop a comment here. My thoughts are with you. All the best, even if it seems to be a big fight.

lovedr
5th October 2020, 09:43 PM
So sorry to hear your news blackwiggle, to echo others sentiments I don’t know you personally but your name and contributions here totally familiar to me. Thoughts with you, stay strong buddy and sending some WO love.

jimsin
7th October 2020, 01:16 PM
God, came back here after a very long absence to see if there's any news about the Pacer release, and was very sad to read about your condition Blackwiggle. I remember you very well from back in the Wipeout World Cup back in 2009. Never realised you were older than me, I'm 54 now & thought that I was pushing it a bit for a Wipeout pilot!
Anyway, just logged in to wish you all the best. Whatever else happens you'll always be a Wipeout legend! legend of Wipeout, that's for sure!

Racingfan
8th October 2020, 05:36 PM
Damn, i'm very sorry to hear that. Stay strong!

blackwiggle
9th October 2020, 08:22 AM
Cheers guys. just had my second radiotheraphy session today, which are painless and easy to do, as you just basically lie there till it's done.
Getting around though has become a real PITA, which I wasn't expecting to happen so quick, hopefully improve over the weekend as I don't need to leave the house.

I got a email from R8 asking about me which was nice.
They offered to put a banner in the game for me, which is pretty cool of them.....even though I have no idea what to choose......some suggestions would help.

Also was told it's Sony holding things up again, mainly due to slackness on their part, R8 are hoping for good news next week, and said release will be before Xmas 2020 :nod

They are also going to be sending out reviewers keys quickly, they have 5 days to do that before a embargo comes into play, which is usually two days before the release if I read the info correctly.

stin
10th October 2020, 02:11 PM
That's good to hear for pacer.

Blackwiggle, all the years l have known you through Wipeouts especially pure and pulse but don't forget HD which we have had played online, more importantly you are quite knowledgeable over certain things. So to me you are a WipEout Legend! :clap

stevie ☺

eLhabib
11th October 2020, 09:23 AM
So to me you are a WipEout Legend!
No doubt about that :rock

rdmx
14th October 2020, 05:35 PM
Sending you all my best wishes Blackwiggle!

Cipher
17th October 2020, 05:48 PM
It's nice to see all the heartfelt comments from the wipeout community, still one of the best ones! :)
As like everyone else here, wishing you the all the best Wiggle, hope you can make a good recovery, and if that's no longer possible, that you can make the best out of it and enjoy life to the fullest! You've been an ace member of the community and always will be! Don't give up! ♡

blackwiggle
18th October 2020, 04:15 AM
Cheers guys, thank for the heartfelt good wishes, they are much appreciated.

Progress report is that I've finished Radiotherapy, which wasn't so bad at first, but after the last three sessions did leave me feeling like crap for a few days, no energy basically and feeling mentally scattered, which TBH I think was caused just as much by having to go to and returning from getting the treatment, as the treatment itself [the Radiotherapy machine where I first visited broke down on 3 of the 5 days I was booked in for treatment, so I had to visit a different clinic for the rest of it, typical :nod ]

As for the still to be endured Chemo therapy.
Well the initial plan of attack was to be treated with both a heavy and a light dose of two different Chemo drugs, which I was warned would really knock me about, but since then a new trial for some hopefully wonder treatment has become available, which I'm waiting to find out if I've made the cut to be apart of.[ Sequential 177 LU-PSMA617 and Docetaxel versus Docetaxel in Metastatic Hormone - Naive Prostate Cancer, is the trial name]
Getting on this trial will mean I won't be getting the Heavy chemo drugs, which is great news.
Apparently it's a new treatment for those with advanced cancer that they give two treatments of before light chemo begins, it helps really target the effected areas apparently.....my sister said she saw it on a news report the other night, it's that new.
So here is hoping.

R8 sent me a screen grab of the banner they are going to put in the game for me, they didn't say where it was going to be placed, so the hunt will be on.

Also I might as well tell you R8 did send me a code for the full game, and I have had a brief 30 minutes looking through the menus, and a very brief play of it......before I stuffed up and tried changing the settings to get it to playing in 4K....bad move when you are not feeling the best and haven't got your wits about you enough to sort it out again.

I'm feeling well enough to tackle the resolution problem today, so hopefully I'll be able get to get more into it.

I've promised R8 I wouldn't revel anything about the final build, which is fair enough, so don't expect anything, especially since my stuff up I have barely had a chance to play it as yet myself, you'll all be playing it soon enough anyway.

Also I got a pleasant surprise, a good friend suddenly appeared at my place with a Vaporizer and some home made medicinal oil of a certain type the other day;).
I tried it for the first time last night.
OMG ! One puff and I was Zonked out of my brains for hours, I haven't 'Smoked' for nearly a decade, sure was a much more pleasurable improvement over the Endone tablets....think I'll definitely be getting more of this stuff, although with the supply given, and the small amount needed, I figure I've already got a months worth, Christ it's STRONG, but not in a nodding off or getting overly high way, a good balance, reminds me of the Thai buddha sticks you used to be able to get in Aus in the 80's

Not sure what it will do for my lap times though, maybe OK for ZONE MODE on Omega :D

Concealed Sequence
21st October 2020, 02:36 AM
I'm very pleased to hear that R8 have given you the game early blackwiggle!!☺️👍

AdHoc
21st October 2020, 06:42 AM
You crack me up blackwiggle, good lad.

That sign looks sick. No pun intended.

blackwiggle
21st October 2020, 07:11 AM
Yeah it's a cool sign.

I originally asked for a banner that said.

Blackwiggles AG Pilots Retirement Homes.
We keep the AG in AGED CARE.

They did a few versions, but the writing ended up being so small it seemed rather pointless if you couldn't read it, plus I sort of thought after seeing them that it might seem rather morbid, so asked for the Bar & Grill sign instead.

Concealed Sequence
22nd October 2020, 02:37 AM
Link says invalid for the banner

blackwiggle
22nd October 2020, 05:02 AM

Concealed Sequence
22nd October 2020, 08:51 AM
That's excellent! Cheers.

blackwiggle
22nd October 2020, 09:15 PM
Without giving out specific details, I'll think you'll all be surprised by just how many MUSIC tracks are available in PACER.

Well that's if the same amount that are available on my development build I'm seeing in the menus is the same [80+ tracks], there is so much it has me thinking some might be released later as DLC.

It's something you'll going to want to spend a fair bit of time going through to see what suits you, something I haven't really done thoroughly myself just because of the sheer amount of tracks available, as PACER can seem to lack atmosphere until you sort the music out.

When I come to think about it, maybe a lot the tracks in the development build might be tracks submitted in the competition they had [years back ?] for people to have their music included in the game, seems quite a bit of it is simplistic beats and the like that to me sound similar to each other, there are a LOT of different artists listed.

If these tracks are included in the final release is unknown, you would have thought R8 would have contacted the artists that submitted their tracks that they had made it into the game....TBH I'm sort of expecting a bit of a cull of the track list in the final build

Concealed Sequence
22nd October 2020, 09:52 PM
Yeah, seems unlikely that all those will make it to the final game.

What about the game itself. What do you think to it?

blackwiggle
23rd October 2020, 12:54 AM
I'm waiting to see if the a new sever is activated for the full review codes they are sending out get activated so I can test online, as I think that's where people will be diving in ASAP and where people will be scoring the game the most.

Campaign has been expanded, as you would expect with more tracks [The last track, which is a new one - LAIKA ] is a real speed demons course, sort of reminds me of the hidden track [once opened the whole game up] that I think it was WO3SE, which was a remake of a track that previously only appeared on the Japanese version of WO3 or XL/2097.

I think his track might end up being played online a lot, the sheer speed of it will be the attraction, especially in the highest speed class with a maxed out craft build.

This track will probably end up the ultimate 'Bragging Rights' track, holding the lap or TT record on, it should be fun to see what can be achieved.......actually I haven't yet tried this track in NIGHT mode, with the craft headlights on, it should give a different experience considering the atmosphere and setting of the track.

Concealed Sequence
23rd October 2020, 02:09 PM
This new track sounds excellent. Can't wait to try it out!!

blackwiggle
23rd October 2020, 11:23 PM
Seems to be quite a few updates going on with the development build.
I turned it on this morning and there was a 6.5 GB update, then shut down for a hour and there was another smaller update.

I wanted to see what I could MAX my PC's settings at just for a laugh.
I got it working at 3840 X 2160 with Fullscreen and all settings set at Very High, but only at around 35 FPS with my Nvidia GTX970 i7 490 32GB RAM SSD's etc, which was smooth enough, but to be honest there wasn't a great deal of action going on in the game due to the control issue below, IE no weapons use by me........I'll try dropping from Very High to lower settings to see what FPS I get, as if I remember correctly I was getting around 75 FPS at EPIC settings with FF, and FF never had Auto Detect where PACER does.

It might be with all the constant changes in the development build that optimized settings aren't coming into play as yet, where they will in the final product, especially the console versions [guessing here if you can't tell ]

When I emailed R8 last week about my graphics stuff up,they did say that 4K playback will be capped at 60FPS MAX.

I don't want to goof around with the graphic settings to much after the last debacle of me screwing them up. :redface:

My biggest problem ATM is I unable to change the default control layout to PS4 controller configuration, they won't move from Xbox configuration no matter how I try to change them, either in the game [Worked on FF] or via controller input on the STEAM options, [I'll email R8 shortly to find out what the problem might be ] which is a PITA because ATM the only controls I can seem to get to work when racing are the sticks, view change and airbrakes, which TBH is pretty much useless unless in SL or TT mode :frown:

R8 must have at least started up the online server to test on, as before it used to say no server available, but now it searches for matchmaking etc, but I gather there are few people with the actual game to play against because it didn't find anybody [My timezone difference might have a fair bit to do with not being able to find anybody else online yet ]....I'll keep trying.

When I did the first bigger update I was immediately show some special new content on screen that I think you will need to unlock in game to use, as I couldn't access it yet....TIP- do the Training Course first to start unlocking special skins/craft mods ETC and I suppose Trophies given that two popped up after doing the first training race.
It's a little extra R8 have added to the game just for a laugh [No spoilers]........If this will be available on the console versions I don't know, I can't see why it wouldn't end up as a small DLC update almost immediately.

OK, guess I'll go back to trying to figure out WTF is going on with these controller settings :mr-t

That's why I like consoles rather than PC gaming, less stuffing about with settings that can counteract each other leaving you with a WTF is going on now situation.

Concealed Sequence
24th October 2020, 02:23 AM
I agree, consoles over pc any day (imho)

blackwiggle
25th October 2020, 12:08 AM
I finally got the development build working FULLY with a controller, thank God for that, it was driving me nuts not being able to use weapons or boost.

Seems the DEV build is only partially supporting controllers and the PS4 controller isn't one of them :rolleyes:....I Finally found a old Xbox controller which the DEV build does fully support [never thought I'd use that again] so all is fine.

I'll mention before hand that the DEV build I have has MORE options than the FULL GAME, what exactly those are I don't know, but it was something R8 told me when they sent me the code, so bare that in mind when reading what I post below.

A few things I have noticed.

Getting hit with a Flash-bang weapon is a total bitch, it seems more powerful than before, but then again I think the intensity of the effect can be changed in weapon mods, so that might be the reason why, and I suspect the effect [this goes for all weapons] relates to the AI difficulty you are racing against at the time.

AI difficulty is now changeable, and at least on the DEV build, 1-10 difficulty......I'm not masochistic enough to try level 10 AI yet.
There are a lot of options available to change BOT numbers and AI difficulty etc in the race setup menu, so you can make the game as easy or as hard as you like.
Most, if not all these are also available when choosing to setup a ONLINE race.....again, remember this is in the DEV build I'm talking about.
Strangely, I also noticed that Speed Lap is also a choice for Online among the other race modes.

TIP
Learn where the Shield pickups are, you'll going to need them, that's if some other craft doesn't beat you to one.....I don't know if there are fewer shield pickups now, or they have been placed differently, but I seemed to be needing to find one quite often to survive.......Open the game up and apply shield/armor balanced with engine/handling upgrades cards would be a good idea when starting out.

I also suspect that in the latter NEW tracks of the game [which are I suspect are designed for the fastest speed classes, you'll see what I mean when you open them up], there might actually be less shield pickups available.
Not only that, but there placement on the NEW tracks at least, seems to favor those who can keep VERY tight racing lines, same goes for the speed pads.....I'm don't usually use a STICK to steer, so my finding might differ to others, I usually prefer the D-Pad [very old school]....put it this way, I think you'll know if you missed running over SP/pickups more than was the case in FF [ I still have the ability to load FF, but since it doesn't have the NEW tracks I can't compare it to see if this is true].
Generally I found I was missing Pads/ Pickus more than on FF, but that could also be put down to having to use a Xbox controller that I'm not used to.
It's hard for me to tell if R8 have tightened the 'Run Over' tolerances or not.....Jury is still out on this aspect.

KERS works differently than in FF, and a far better IMHO.
In FF to use KERS you had a single press of the button and it used all available KERS until depleted [causing you to smash into things if you used it in a inappropriate place, that's unless I've always been using it wrongly, which wouldn't surprise me TBH :| ]

Now you have to HOLD DOWN the KERS button to activate it, you now have control of this, if you release the button it will disengage KERS and still leave a partial charge in your KERS meter.....a FAR better system.....great for getting that first place when you can see 2nd place ahead if you have enough KERS charge left, especially if you have a double charged KERS available.

Hopefully what info I give above hasn't been in breech of the agreement I have with R8 [praying :eek ], as I consider what I've written hasn't been spoilers so to speak, more of a general opinion on slight noticable changes from what was already available in FF.

I think PACER can be a lot better game than FF was, it has LOADS of options to change pretty much anything, not that FF was missing that much really.

What you put into it regarding craft/card/race mode preferences etc will determine what you get out of the game, you'll certainly spoilt for choice.

There are quick setup modes for those who just want to press a few button and race, but it's once you get into the menus and start changing things around that PACERS potential starts truly showing itself.
You are going to want to spend a fair bit of time going through the options available, and do some testing along the way, which will be time consuming, but HEY, you get out what you put in, so it will be worth the effort.

I can see whole play guides being written on 'Best Practice' regarding craft/card setups for different race types....some new cards are more 'Race type specific' than others , and when you run across these new cards you think, what would I want to use that for in this race type for, seems pretty useless, then it clicks that these very cards would be awesome if fitted to 1 or 2 craft in a TEAM E-Sport racing environment to balance a team build out.

I'll leave it there, at least for the moment.....sorry I can't give more away, especially pictures or videos, but a promise is a promise.

Only 4 days to go till you can all be playing PACER ! :hyper:hyper:hyper

Concealed Sequence
25th October 2020, 06:04 AM
Yeah, CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!

Concealed Sequence
28th October 2020, 01:16 AM
I wish the garage section still had a background instead of just being a spotlight over the ship 😔

Concealed Sequence
29th October 2020, 05:26 AM
Out now! 3...2...1...GO!!!

blackwiggle
29th October 2020, 06:51 AM
Not on Xbox it's not LOL.
Something went wrong there.

Also I think a huge amount of people are waiting for their KICKSTARTER keys/codes to get the game, and from what I understand from posts made on DISCORD, is that R8 have delegated this task to a PR firm to hand out :rolleyes:

Concealed Sequence
29th October 2020, 03:23 PM
Omg, a bunch of tracks by Warp Records artists!!!!! 🥰