PDA

View Full Version : NAk racing: a wipeout clon

seryu
28th October 2003, 12:10 PM
Hi:
Im coding a FREE videogame based on wipeout saga. Until now, i used 1 ship & 1 circuit to test it.
But now I need new crafts and levels (play a game with 1 level its a little boring :-P)

If anyone here knows 3dmax or Maya, could contact with me at neko_soy@yahoo.es

Here are the screenies...

http://personal.telefonica.terra.es/web/seryu/nak-wip.jpg
http://personal.telefonica.terra.es/web/seryu/nak-wip_2.jpg

And here are 1 song of nak o.s.t. (all musics are originals by me :-)

http://personal.telefonica.terra.es/web/seryu/nak06.ogg
(its a ogg file, you need something like winamp to play it)

thanks for read this, bye! :wink:

zargz
28th October 2003, 01:56 PM
man! that looks great! I wish I knew maya and that stuff ..
coz I done great tracks with some games that include a
track editor (^_^)
1 more thing - if u wanna show more pics make a html page
and just post the link here ok?

chao!

Lance
28th October 2003, 06:20 PM
very nice visuals. i especially like the unusual red and yellow wavy pattern track borders; they give it a distinct look of its own.

the Pirhana ship looks surprisingly good in black.

as zargz said, it would be good to put the images on your own website. some of these are quite large and use much bandwidth.

i see that you favour the wide Fusion-style racecourses.

zargz
28th October 2003, 06:34 PM
yeah! that's a great combination - wo3 ships and fusion wide
trax (almost the only thing good with fusion)
BUT as ispired as u might b by the wo saGa I think u should
get on with your OWN ships
in your shoes I wouldnt like to b sued by the Makers of wo!(^_^)

what weapons u got there?

zargz_soy (^_-)

seryu
29th October 2003, 10:16 AM
Sorry for the images, next time ill put only the image link :-P

About courses, the game will have diferents types, not only wide ones, but wip3out is my reference, so you could get the idea...

Ship in shoots is only used for testing purposed, i will remove it after release the game. The other one, without texture now, is made from scratch.

What weapons u got there? well, diferents types of missiles, speedboost, shields. This is working now, if i think on any new, i will add it. :wink:

by the way, im searching a server to upload the game when gets finished, if anyone here know one give me a touch! (I think it will need about 25MB).

Spaceboy Gajo
29th October 2003, 05:59 PM
Great work seryu!

Are you planning to do a web site for the game?

If you don't already have one, maybe you'd like to make one. I for one think it'd be great if you had one. It would give your nifty little game some exposure, outside of this forum. Not only that, we get to know a little bit more about the game. You know, the team (if there is one), the features you'd like to have and other sorts of info.

Then later on you could always have a link in the future, once you get webspace, for the completed game.

All thinking ahead. However, that's usually the fun part of making a game. Probably just the only part. Maybe once you finish it, then party.

:lol:

Keep up the good work!

Spaceboy Gajo :)

FoxZero
29th October 2003, 06:50 PM
nice shots, cant wait to play it.

tripod will let you host more than 25 megs so long as you link to an html page for whatever youre hosting. many ads, but could work temporarily.

if you want to use other peoples music in your game i make some which could be converted to .ogg if you like. you can hear some samples at http://www.zebox.com/askai http://www.mp3.com/askai . i could also help with textures or menus, but i can't render anything in maya or 3dstudio yet sorry.[/url]

seryu
29th October 2003, 09:10 PM
I need the Powerups Icons.. think you can do it?

And nice songs, askai for example could be great in a wipeout-like game.

well, if want to help, you are wellcome! :wink:

pd: i think tripod host 25.. but the filesize of zip files need to be around 5/6...

Shem
31st October 2003, 12:36 PM
Hy! Listen seryu, i think, i may help you with the music in your game!
You need to know that i'm a music producer, and basicly the stuff that I'm producing is
being very inspired By the whole WO saga. So count me in your project :D (if you want to).
But there is one problem, acctualy 2 probs.
1)ARE THERE ANY WIPE OUT FANS WHO LISTEN TO BREAKBEAT MUSIC (NU SCHOOL BREAKBEAT, DRUM N BASS)?
2)I'D LIKE TO GIVE YOU A SAMPLE OF MY MUSIC, BUT HOW? BY KAZAA? ANY IDEAS ANYONE?

PS.
I SUGGEST MAKING YOUR TRACKS LESS COLOURFULL, BUT IT'S ONLY MY OPINION. :wink:

Lance
31st October 2003, 07:40 PM
i like a high level of colour. things don't always have to be realistic to be good. lots of colour can be great

Shem
1st November 2003, 10:15 AM
ok, everyone has their own preferences, so let's don't argue about it :) all in all - it's seryu's game so basicly he's the one who decides about everything.
and, hey, seryu! - the second craft model rocks!!!(the one without any textures)!
I also have an idea, about textures - in my opinion, they should'n be so blurred, rather rough, and raw - like in W'O 3.
But still - it's all up to you seryu!

Shem
1st November 2003, 10:20 AM
wow seryu! Your craft designs rule!!!!!!! It's somenthin' like an AG version of Cadillac!!

rodwipE
1st November 2003, 11:18 AM
Nice work.
To answer Shem's question, I listen to Breakbeat music. I loved what they did with the Rollcage soundtracks, but prefer wipEout music to be more trancey.

Shem
1st November 2003, 11:35 AM
That's exactly what i'm talkin about - adopting rollcage music to NAk!
remember W"O 2097? there was this track of Photek's or Source Direct - pure drum n bass. It was ok, i guess. I agree with you rodwipe - more regular-beat music would be ok with Wipeout. I suggest throwing in Ken Ishii's "Extra" to the soundtrack - maybe no one will notice? :wink:

Synthetic Consciousness
2nd November 2003, 07:45 AM
[seryu]: Nice pics...looking good! Unfortunately I can't listen to the track yet...I need to reinstall my Winamp, and my current player doesn't play oggs. I'll download it and hang onto it, though.

[Shem]: I listen to (and make) breakbeat. I'd suggest getting onto ACIDPlanet. It's free to join, and unlimited song space. Although it's suggested you upload a wma format for streaming/previewing along with an mp3 for download by registered users.

Coincidentally, I finally got around to uploading new songs to my ACIDPlanet page. Check 'em out and let me know what you think. 8)

Shem
2nd November 2003, 09:33 AM
[syntetic]
Aaaaait! Thanx for the tip!

zargz
3rd November 2003, 10:18 AM
the new ship and trax look great! (^_^)b

jmoid
3rd November 2003, 04:17 PM
Looks very impressive, I'd love to try it.

Shem/rodwipE: I'm a big nu skool breaks fan, and I like it to race to. ILS' 6Space (Next Level) is the ultimate anti-gravity racing tune, and JFK by Stich is a close second (which you can download HERE (http://www.soundofhabib.com/audio/dubs/), and I recommend you do)

FoxZero
3rd November 2003, 05:39 PM
im gettin that one jmoid. also since we are talking online artists, this guy charliealpha has this really great tune inspired by wipeout called auricom http://www.besonic.com/User/0,1391,g0r0l0t0o0i173475,FF.html
its killer. his other tunes are pretty good too.

Shem
3rd November 2003, 07:00 PM
And while we're still talki'n 'bout music - There's this one track of mine, wich, (if seryu
I'd be so kind) is possible to be included in NAK racing - Look for it @ www.acidplanet.com
It should be:
Taipan(Shem) - "Reload" :)

jmoid
4th November 2003, 07:46 PM
Cool, thanks for the recommendations! Soon as I get a minute I'll be listening.

Hybrid Divide
5th November 2003, 06:07 AM
Would you consider keeping this project open source?
Or at least have a way so we can make custom ships and tracks.

I think I speak for everyone when I say that's something we all want.

Good luck with everything!

BTW: Check out my Third-Rate Techno at:
www.acidplanet.com
Search for "Vagrant Logic"

Be sure to check out the WipEout inspired "Curly Says GO!"
(It's my #1 most listened to track. Mainly because of all my fellow W'O" freaks!) :D

EDIT:
(Ok ok, so it was a shameless self-plug.) :lol:

zargz
6th November 2003, 09:43 AM
i like a high level of colour. things don't always have to be realistic to be good. lots of colour can be great
yeah I like bright colors too! (^_^)b
ever played croc?? (^_-)

Lance
6th November 2003, 12:58 PM
nope, but i've played Gex: Enter the Gecko, and Super Magnetic Neo

Shem
6th November 2003, 05:45 PM
Yeah, bright colours ale ok, but i won't change my opinion at this point:)
By the way, Crock sucks:)
It's not like i'm not into bright coloured games;)

Shem
6th November 2003, 05:46 PM
Sorry, the name of the game is CROC..:)

seryu
24th November 2003, 12:59 AM
Thanks everybody for the posts, and all nice music.

I couldnt find a guy who knows 3dmax/maya, so the game development is now stopped until i find someone that can help me with models. :(

By the way, all ideas to add new things to game are wellcome.

zargz
24th November 2003, 12:57 PM
Yeah, bright colours ale ok, but i won't change my opinion at this point:)
By the way, Crock sucks:)
:o :o :o well that's YOUR opinion :evil: . croc has almost peffect controll a la LaraC! 8)
on the other hand the croc2 controller made it unplayable ..they should've kept the 1st one (>_<)
for me croc, akuji the heartless and rayman2 r the best platforms of rthe ps1! :wink:

science
24th November 2003, 07:52 PM
That's pretty incredible looking! How are you doing it? Is there some engine that youre building it up on, or is the whole thing from scratch? Either way, looks great!

zargz
25th November 2003, 01:11 PM
what about those diamonds - r they pick upps or mines? ('_'?)

Shem
25th November 2003, 04:51 PM
Man, I hope this project won't go down the drain....
Seryu, I guess everyone waits for some new info about your game,
It's not stalled is it?

seryu
6th December 2003, 09:08 PM
what about those diamonds - r they pick upps or mines? ('_'?)

they're pick ups

from now the game is stopped, until i find a guy that could help me with circuit courses.
Well, now im writting games on gp32, a nice videogames console, maybe i made something like wipeout with it :P