PDA

View Full Version : Boost Start?

wipeout expert
7th July 2018, 10:12 AM
So i don't know if its more simple than i think but does anyone know the way to boost start? I can do it consistently on every game but this one

Cipher
7th July 2018, 05:04 PM
Something I've noticed with Omega is that it seems you can start a lot earlier than you used to be able to in HD, so you might want to try smashing that button a little earlier :)

wipeout expert
7th July 2018, 10:15 PM
I mean with the first game in which like you have to charge up to a certian point to get a boost

Cipher
8th July 2018, 03:48 AM
Ah my bad, didn't realise this was the original wipeout category of the forum, for that one it is very similar to 2097, the effect of it is just less prominent,
You want to keep your acceleration just under the top of the diagonal section of the bar ;-) (around 3 blocks from max)

JABBERJAW
12th July 2018, 02:56 AM
If you are using a normal controller, you have to press the gas at an exact time and hold (like when the announcer says 2). It will hit the sweet spot if you press at exactly the right time. The timing is not what I said, but just practice by continually resetting until you find the exact timing...ALSO, venom and rapier probably have different timing.

Witha negcon you can hold the gas at that exact spot with an analog button, but its still kinda hard.