PDA

View Full Version : WipEURout 2018

AmigoJack
13th April 2018, 10:03 PM
Update #1:
date is September 10-16th (Mon, 2018-09-10 to Sun, 2018-09-16 = week 37)
location is most likely Vienna (Wien), and far less likely Bad Soden (near Frankfurt)
End of update.

I won't give up that easily:
who is interesting in a meeting again this year?
As usual: the competition is optional, the fun is mandatory. Conventions are a great thing to meet people in real you otherwise only know thru texting or eliminating. Over the years scoring the best times and choosing a winner has become less important, while enjoying talking and eating now is the biggest priority.

For those not being familiar with the history books here's a quick overview:
2007: Amsterdam NL - hostel, PSP only.
2008: Amsterdam NL - hostel, PSP only.
2009: Frankfurt DE - hostel for PSP, AmigoJack's apartment for HD.
2010: Paris FR - hostel for PSP, one member's apartment for HD.
2011: Heerhugowaard (near Amsterdam NL) - Mad-Ice's house for PSP and HD.
2012: Frankfurt DE - hostel for PSP, AmigoJack's apartment for HD.
2013: London GB - hostel for PSP, small bar for a PSP meet-up as well.
(2014 and 2015 did not happen)
2016: Bad Soden (near Frankfurt DE), AmigoJack's apartment for PSP and HD.
2017: Amsterdam/Heerhugowaard NL - hostel for PSP, Mad-Ice's house for HD and Omega.As always I'm open for being a host again: my apartment is big enough to let 3 people sleep on the "guest" room ground, 2 in the living room (although it happens that people stay up all night), 2 more on the kitchen's ground (that was new to me but someone really liked it), and given high temperatures my balcony is large enough to support room for another 6 sleeping people. ;)

Bad Soden is next to Frankfurt, which you can reach by almost everything (car, train, plane, blimp, horses, broomsticks, bicycle...). Whoever arrives at the airport or at the train station and expects to feel lost can be picked up by me personally (yes: 9 years later I still do this despite my age). Hotels are nearby, but expect normal/moderate rates. The hostel in Frankfurt would be the cheapest option but needs you to ride the metro for about 1/2 hour.

Your ideas? Your thoughts? When do you have time for this?

Cipher
14th April 2018, 12:00 PM
I'd definitely still be interested in attending another one, although it's slightly more complicated now with a full time job, I'd have to either take a flight (in which case I can't really bring anything with me), or just take a holida, visit the family and end it off with wipeout con :P

What time stamp were you looking at?

AmigoJack
17th April 2018, 08:53 PM
Ah, there you are! :)

I'm available for almost any time - it could start right away this weekend, or it could happen in mid November, or anything inbetween. The only exception is last half of May. If we two remain the only ones I could also look into visiting you.

Cipher
19th April 2018, 07:54 PM
Although I definitely wouldn't mind you coming over, that's currently not possible as I am living in with others and my room is too small to house anyone else (On the lookout for my own place, but finding the proper thing needs time, once that happens i'll prolly host one myself some time ;-))
I'm not sure how many of the others still regularly read WZ, but I'll mention it in that KIK chat we set up last time at your place :P

Would be nice to meet up again though, fun times, just gotta wait to hear form the others :)
(timing for me would probably be best around july/august i think, but I'm somewhat flexible, just need to plan far enough ahead)

Hope you've been well Michael! ;-)

Hybrid Divide
19th April 2018, 09:25 PM
I'd be WISHING I could be there. Alas, I'll be chilling out here in Seattle, biding my time until Arc Prime is built. :p

eLhabib
20th April 2018, 06:05 PM
Count me in!
But if we're doing this, I am planning to get 8 PS4s with PSVR together so we can have the first full VR championship :hyper
Good thing is, we won't need screens! (only for spectators)

J.666
21st April 2018, 03:56 PM
Yeah.. Well after last year when l forgot in my own country l feel sort of forced l have to attend this one 😁 I don't have a schedule for July and August yet, so I can still ask for free days there

AmigoJack
26th April 2018, 08:20 PM
july/augustSounds good, just write down at least 3 weekends you have in mind. Maybe a local holiday on your side kicks in during that time.

8 PS4s with PSVRIs this a joke? Sounds überawesome! Looking back at 2016 I guess 6 should be enough already - if I remember correctly no more than 5 were playing simultaneously. Tell me your favorite 3 weekends as well. Got to honor your long car ride somehow.

I can still ask for free daysThe sooner we choose one or two dates, the better.

@all: this time I can provide ~10 blankets for the ground, so anyone planning to only bring his sleeping bag should have a more comfortable ground this time. I'm fine with July/August - if we do it (as usual) on a weekend I can also call off work on Friday/Thursday/more even shortly before and surely get it approved, so no problem for me here.

Makes us 4 already, right? AJ, eL, Ci and Dre.

stin
26th April 2018, 08:35 PM
Unfortunately l cannot make it this year due l have Far too much to do. But once everything settles then it is a possibly for next year. Sorry

stevie 🙂

Cipher
29th April 2018, 11:26 PM
I won't be able to provide any exact dates until somewhere early June Micheal, so please schedule for other people's preference if you need to know it sooner than then and I'll see if I can make it ;)

AmigoJack
1st May 2018, 09:19 AM
Sorry to hear that, Hybrid and stin - I'm always in to see new and old faces. :)

Well then, looks like these dates are candidates:
2018-06-07 (Thursday) to 2018-06-10 (Sunday)
2018-06-14 (Thursday) to 2018-06-17 (Sunday)
2018-06-21 (Thursday) to 2018-06-24 (Sunday)...and (of course) they're still negotiable, as well as later dates. Only the first weekend in June is not possible for me.

JFthebestJan
1st May 2018, 04:05 PM
depending on the final date, i could be there again as well. could bring two PS4 and 1 PSVR and 1 PSVita for pure and pulse and 1 PSTV for pure and pulse...

eLhabib
2nd May 2018, 10:37 AM
I'm sorry, but I think June will be impossible for me - I was thinking August, like last year...

Cipher
3rd May 2018, 07:06 PM
August would probably work for me as well, I just need to figure out how to organise things, for which i need to check if I can combine a visit to family with wipeoutcon, but August should still work ;)

Sausehuhn
4th May 2018, 10:35 AM
Would love to attend again this year, especially if we’re meeting near Frankfurt. I was thinking about visiting some people there this year anyway. Should be a good chance to combine these plans. Preferably in the first half of August, if possible.

AmigoJack
4th May 2018, 05:27 PM
Well then it's August, no problem for me either. Also nice to see Jan and Huhn again. :)

AmigoJack
14th May 2018, 10:05 PM
I won't let this thread die. At the end of the week I'm off to Dublin and Italy (near Milano) for the rest of the month - during that time I will less likely reply.

Cipher
17th May 2018, 07:27 PM
Haha, no worries, I've been getting myself organised for this and at this point I can say that I'm able to attend and will end up coming by car again, so I'll be able to bring stuff with me (Not taking my full tower with me this time tho, although I'll see if I can't make my Matrox work with my laptop (Looking at an Expresscard/34 to thunderbolt adapter))

I just need to know exact dates now, so I can book my holiday at work and have it approved ;)

If nobody else has a preference, second or third weekend of august would work fine for me

Have a safe & enjoyable trip!

Mad-Ice
18th May 2018, 10:21 PM
Hi all,

Great to see you are taking the effort to organise this amazing event. If the date is somewhere in August I am going to try everything possible to attend too.

@AmigoJack: have fun during your one month trip. See you soon. Btw: tonight I met eLhabib in Amsterdam. Great night we spent together with his friends. Mini-convention without Wipeout ;)

Greetz Mad-Ice

AmigoJack
19th May 2018, 03:12 PM
August sounds good to me, too - that should also satisfy MAD and EL. Which means it could be
2018-08-02 (Thursday) to 2018-08-05 (Sunday), or
2018-08-16 (Thursday) to 2018-08-19 (Sunday), or
any other date.Which do you prefer? I'll throw in this one:
2018-08-09 (Thursday) to 2018-08-12 (Sunday)
Any objections? As usual, I will contact all recent participants to see if anyone of them wants to come again.

Cipher
20th May 2018, 12:35 AM
I've always wanted to time travel back into the past, didn't know you had a time machine! :O

Jokes aside, that weekend works for me, but I'd be arriving on friday instead of thursday, as I'll be celebrating my mom's birthday on the 9th ;-)

Looking forward to seeing you all again and meeting the others! :)

Sausehuhn
21st May 2018, 11:37 AM
I’d choose August 2nd – 5th if I had the choice ;)

Mad-Ice
21st May 2018, 09:19 PM
Hi all,

The only days free in August for me are from 16/8/18 to 19/8/18.

eLhabib
21st May 2018, 09:25 PM
That date would work for me as well...
I do have one suggestion to make: IF you guys would be interested in experiencing a full race with everyone in VR, I would have the place and resources to arrange that - in VIENNA. Not saying we have to, just a suggestion... ;)

eLhabib
23rd May 2018, 10:50 AM
Ok, so, I talked to a couple of people and want to make a proposition - again, this is all hypothetical for the moment and only IF enough people are interested. That said, we could also move it to next year. Anyway, here goes:

There is a rather unique VR bar/cafe (https://vrei.at/) in Vienna, and the owner, Timon, is a friend of mine and was thrilled about the idea of hosting a wipEout VR convention! The place is in the 7th district of Vienna (which is the coolest part of town and also where I live ;) ), offers enough space for lots of competitors, food and drinks. A couple of affordable hostels are right around the corner. Timon and me would be able to arrange a full grid of 8 PSVR goggles, some screens for the audience, and we'd look into some branding as well. I would only need some pilots to bring their PS4s.

Here's the thing: this will only work if there are enough people interested in coming (I'm thinking 12 minimum, more would be better of course) - so I would need everybody to share their opinion on this, and also we would have to find a date rather soon.

So, what do you guys think? And please be honest - if you prefer a small meeting at Amigo's place, that's fine with me as well, I don't mean to trump him or anything. It's just the idea of having 8 people race in VR together that got me excited :hyper

G'Kyl
23rd May 2018, 04:14 PM
Just found this thread... I like both ideas! I do have a slight preference for Vienna, because... two birds/one stone, but mostly I'm fine with both. However I won't be able to come August 17-24 - which sucks, because 17-19 are the only days Matthijs can spare.

eLhabib
23rd May 2018, 04:34 PM
The only days he can spare... in AUGUST. But what about September?

AmigoJack
23rd May 2018, 09:17 PM
I'm fine with everything: August, September, me, or Vienna. Would definitly participate, doesn't matter if this year or next. The only downside: I don't have a PS4. During the next week I'll look into options coming to Vienna (I almost think plane would be the most comfortable...)

JFthebestJan
25th May 2018, 06:13 AM
yay, Omega VR world championship in Vienna, sounds awesome to me. We should stream the event, so we can get some audience around the world ;)

G'Kyl
25th May 2018, 07:51 AM
The only days he can spare... in AUGUST. But what about September?

I'm fine with anything in September.

blackwiggle
25th May 2018, 09:07 AM
Look, you guys are looking at this whole thing arse about.

SONY are plugging the hell out of VR ATM, and any publicity is good publicity.

SO, you need to use it to your advantage.

Use the Wipeout Omega Community forum via the PS4 top get in touch with the member from Sony Ex Dev [Sorry I can never remember his name] to help organize a EURO based Wipeout Omega VR contest.....or better still contact forum member missmolotov about this.

Get Sony to supply the consoles and VR headsets......for a example...have heats to decided a whatever sort of comp , to get a player from each EURO country flown to Vienna for the comp....win win win

Sony wins for great publicity for both VR and Wipeout, the players win as they get to compete at no cost to themselves , and your mate in Viennna that owns the venue wins because of massive free publicity also.

eLhabib
25th May 2018, 10:13 AM
I am already looking into pretty much exactly what you said, blackwiggle, but I won't make any fixed arrangements as long as some key pilots aren't sure to be there. Don't worry, I know my fair share of videogame industry people ;)

blackwiggle
25th May 2018, 01:32 PM
I Know you do.

Seems a lot of old record holders of the HD/Fury times, are currently in the top 10 in Omega equivalent times, but under different [other] PSID User names.

This might have been part of the cause of the perceived fracture of the Online community, as it was in PS3 days.

Cipher
25th May 2018, 10:54 PM
I could prooooobably make Vienna, but wouldn't be driving at that point as it becomes quite ridiculously far, which means I'd need to know at least 2 months (more being better) in advance when, and if it's taking place, so I can look into hotels and flights.
As a side note, my employer doesn't allow participation/support of other publishers/projects, so i'd probably have to check with them if they're okay with me attending if it becomes Sony sponsored (although I completely understand if others would enjoy it, so don't worry about me ;-) )

Flashback Jack
7th June 2018, 03:15 PM
These things still going strong, I see. Nice.

G'Kyl
8th June 2018, 08:58 AM
Not quite so strongly at this moment though it seems. ;-)

AmigoJack
14th June 2018, 07:46 PM
Looks like Wien won't work then. New dates I suggest when doing it here:
Thursday 2018-09-06 to Sunday 2018-09-09 (week 36)
Thursday 2018-09-20 to Sunday 2018-09-23 (week 38)How about those? I suppose everybody has room for those dates. This is already leading to indecision hell and it would be a pity if no meeting would happen just because again only 2 out of 12 said yes (because I feat if no convention happens this year it could really be the end to the tradition).

eLhabib
15th June 2018, 09:31 AM
I am very sorry I didn't have any updates for you in the last weeks - the friend of mine who owns the VR place in Vienna is currently at the hospital, so I couldn't really talk to him in detail yet - also, interest in the convention seems to be nonexistent, since not even the seasoned pilots on here have answered...

Sausehuhn
17th June 2018, 11:17 AM
Hey guys, don’t take my absence for disinterest. I don’t have much time to check or reply very regularly recently, things keeping me busy (yada, yada, yada) – I know, bad excuse. I am still looking forward to meeting you guys. VR convention sounds awesome – so if something’s still on the horizon let us know. Hope you friend gets well soon either way.
But I’m also more than fine with Frankfurt. If August is still an option: the weekends around the 4th and 18th work for me. If it’s September I could only manage to be there in week 36.

Mad-Ice
17th June 2018, 07:36 PM
I am still here! I was waiting for a reply from AmigoJack on your ideas eLhabib! As long as there is no fixed date and place I can not say anything for sure. As I pmed Amigo: please fix a date and place so pilots can either say: yes or no.

Greetz Mad-Ice

G'Kyl
19th June 2018, 06:16 AM
I agree. I think we need a fixed date to which we can either agree or not. It probably won't work any other way. I'll say I'm still up for anything in September. :)

Cipher
19th June 2018, 08:20 PM
Yeah, I don't know if I can make September, my mother would really like me to come over for her birthday in August (which I'm planning to) and it would've been great to combine that (as a trip is at least 400 moneys by car, so doing that twice so shortly after each other makes it a bit expensive for me), if it is still possible, 13-19th of august would work best for me, otherwise I don't think I'll be able to make it this year

AmigoJack
21st June 2018, 05:53 AM
Seems like I have to decide between G'Kyl and Cipher...

@Cipher: where are you currently? If we do this in September then maybe someone coming by car can pick you up, cutting down the costs to you? Maybe it'd be on MAD's route.

eLhabib
21st June 2018, 01:15 PM
If you don't mind, I have a proposition now - Vienna, in the week of 10-16th September (most likely towards the weekend). Accomodation will not be a problem, as there are lots of hostels near my apartment, and I would also have a place to set up our 8-player madness. As of now, I can only guarantee 3 VR Headsets, but more than that are very likely and of course everyone who has one, can bring it as well. I would require some people to bring their PS4s though.

If this is an option for you, please let me know - if not (which is fine also), we will stick to Amigo's plan.
Personally, I can't guarantee I'll be available in August, but I will try!

cheers,
eL

Cipher
21st June 2018, 09:14 PM
@Amigojack I live in the UK nowadays, it's the channel crossing that makes the journey expensive by car ;-)
If september works best for everyone else, then please don't hesitate to go for that, I simply can't say yet if I can make it (If I do, it would be by plane though, which means I wouldn't be able to take much hardware with me (A single console probably)), same thing goes for Vienna.

What's everyone else's thoughts?

AmigoJack
23rd June 2018, 10:48 AM
I'm okay with Vienna in September, that would be a 6.5h train ride for me; haven't checked flight prices so far. If anybody says "no, Vienna will never work for me because..." then (near) Frankfurt as the alternative location shall happen on the same dates (around Mon, 2016-09-10 to Sun, 2016-09-16 = week 37). If there is no serious amount of people having issues with Vienna then that's the place to be.

@Cipher: Oh yes, that's too far to get picked up, of course.

@eL: sorry about your friend.

@MAD: yes, giving people just one choice works best (just as we've seen again). I somehow wanted to have both of you: you and G'Kyl. ;)

eLhabib
23rd June 2018, 11:32 AM
So, can we set in the fixed date now for September 10-16th?
We'll just leave the location open until enough pilots have confirmed that they are attending and we'll figure out what location works better for most.

G'Kyl
24th June 2018, 02:06 PM
Thanks Amigo! However, I was late to the party, so I'd be totally okay if you made plans disregarding my priorities. :)

Having said that though, and in order to keep things rolling: September 10 to 16 sounds good to me.

Cipher
24th June 2018, 02:40 PM
I shall post back when I know more :)

AmigoJack
24th June 2018, 09:20 PM
Yes, no matter where it will take place (Vienna more likely than Germany) it will be in that week. Would be my first visit to Wien, and no matter how many we'll be I'm already looking forward seeing at least eL and G'Kyl again! :hyper

AmigoJack
6th July 2018, 05:10 PM
Right now are planning our stay: G'Kyl and I will stay in Vienna from 2018-09-09 to 2018-09-16 (Sunday to Sunday, in September) and we're about to book a room in a hostel. MAD wants to come, too, but hasn't confirmed yet. And, of course, eL will be present, too.

Anyone else interested in coming? The time span is (as already told) fixed. Right now the whole thing is a mix of meeting for WipEout and exploring Vienna, hence one full week. Everybody is welcome to join at any time for any given time span.

Cipher
7th July 2018, 05:00 PM
I too would be ready to book, but I'd be arriving on the 11th around noon and leaving again at noon on sunday, can't book until we know it goes through or not though

Also, Elhabib has been asking for dates feedback in here: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?10580-wipEURout-2018-Vienna-Calling&p=254784
But I guess you guys already decided :P

AmigoJack
8th July 2018, 10:19 PM
can't book until we know it goes throughWho is "we" and what is "it"? So far a 3 bed room could make sense then, even if that means one bed is free for 2 nights (we just divide the rent thru 3 if that's okay for everyone). For me and G'Kyl both the time and the trip itself is fully confirmed. :+

Never was aware of eL's poll - after so many years still most people tend to be as inactive as possible when it comes to decisions. No problem for me - more chances to catch a 3rd place finish. :P

eLhabib
9th July 2018, 06:01 AM
Hehe, it's all good as long as you're coming bro ;)

Cipher
9th July 2018, 08:19 PM
Who is "we" and what is "it"?
Us in general, with "it" referring to the convention, as in the other thread, Elhabib mentioned that he was thinking of calling it off due to the lack of response, I guess that's no longer the case then? :P

I was thinking of booking an airBNB instead of a hotel, so you don't have to adjust your booking unless you really wanne bunch up together? lol
I'm also not sure what Nugget & his friend have planned

peaNUTB
9th July 2018, 10:56 PM
Yes, I would have the time to come but only on the weekend. I have school on all other week days.
Is it okay if I am underaged? I am 13 years old, so if I could come, that would be awesome.

I could bring a bunch of stuff, PSP, PSVita with 2048 and Pure on it, and PSTV with Pure. I could also bring my PS4 and PS3 if needed.
If you need to get in contact with my parents to organize anything, then I will send you my mom/dads E-Mail in a PM. Thanks

Sausehuhn
10th July 2018, 07:10 AM
Sorry guys, plans got in the way for the weekend around the 15th/16th :|

But now that you are planing to stay the whole week, I might have time early during the workweek. Let me check a few things … Sorry for all the obscurity :redface:

eLhabib
10th July 2018, 02:54 PM
@peaNUTB: of course this is your / your parents' decision, but all I can say is that I am not sure this trip is for you, as I think you may have a distorted vision of how this is going to play out. We are mostly veterans who enjoy hanging out together, also going to bars and clubs in the evening. Yes, there will be lots of wipEout to be played as well, but not only and not all the time. I don't wanna sound rude, and I certainly don't want to exclude anyone, but I'm just not sure that it will be a lot of fun for a 13-year-old. Plus, I honestly can't imagine a responsible parent sending his kid to a foreign town alone to meet up with strangers from the internet...

@Sausehuhn: make it work! I can't guarantee we will have a big racing event early in the week, as I only have a location planned for friday/saturday, but we'd sure all love to see you again!

peaNUTB
10th July 2018, 03:28 PM
Yeah, you‘re right. But I would only come to do some races with everyone anyway, like I said, I would only be there for 1-2 days. And of course I‘m not gonna be there alone, my dad is going to come with me obviously.

In other words, I would only be there at the time where everyone plays.

AmigoJack
16th July 2018, 05:33 PM
@peaNUTB: you're not the first "kid" coming with his dad, we had this already and, of course, both of you are welcome! :) It's just that we all remember quite well how we used to experience things when being 13 and how it looks now being around 35. We just don't want you to feel bored, as it's surely not pure racing from sundawn to sunset. But if you want to see how a few of the world's best pilots in real then I promise it's worth the visit. If you're German-speaking then you or your dad can also phone us if there are any private questions. Just PM one of us and we'll reply.

@Cipher: the hostel we're about to book looks very promising, and given the rather high prices in Wien I doubt you'll find anything cheaper (without drastically lowering your expectations). Just my opinion.

@Sausehuhn: as usual - if I can lure you with a free beer then come get some!

peaNUTB
17th July 2018, 08:09 PM
Alright! Well, I think I‘d have a great time. I have a lot of friends online who play WipEout wich are far over my age, and I get along with them, so I don’t think this will be a big problem. So is there anything else I need to know? About what I could bring with me, consoles, games, food etc. If yes, we can speak in the DMs if you don’t want to discuss that right here. (Me and my dad are both german)
Apart from that, I look forward to meeting everyone and having some nice races!

eLhabib
18th July 2018, 07:12 AM
Hostel-wise, I think it would be best to talk to AmigoJack, he booked for himself and GKyl already. And that‘s about everyone who is coming this year by the looks of it, so don’t expect a big convention.
If you have a PS4 and are able to bring it, please do, same goes for PSVR, PSP, Vita.

Cipher
26th July 2018, 08:16 PM
Sorry to inform, but unfortunately I won't be able to attend this year, I was in a car accident and my car is RIP (truck hit me), so I can't afford the expenses for this as I need to prioritise them for a new car.

AmigoJack
31st July 2018, 10:10 PM
Oh dear - I'm very sorry to hear that! Sounds like you're okay and it's "only" about material and money. Can I help you somehow?

@others: yes, G'Kyl and I already have a room for 6 nights. My train tickets are printed and I'm set for everything already. Would be cool to see (as with every convention so far) a new face again. :)

Cipher
4th August 2018, 12:56 PM
Neh, no worries, I'll figure things out (thanks for offering though) :)
Most important thing is that nobody got injured, lady in another vehicle was in shock (not surprising if you see a truck coming right at you), but apart from that, everyone was fine, mostly just material damage ;-)

carbonara2097
6th August 2018, 08:30 PM
Hi all, i'm nugget, cipher already told that i come with friend in the previous posts, if yes, i'm going to book the Flixbux tickets this week, so the date is 100% 10-16 september? we already checked and we should arrive around 8 am of friday 14th.
Do we need to book a hostel? is there a place\flat where we can sleep? if you can give me some infos it'd be appreciated guys, so we can organize ourselves.

Apart of this, we bring 2 PS1, a link cable, 2 neGcons along with few copies of wo1, 2097 and 3, 1 Nintendo64 with Wo64 and 2 controllers, 1 ps3 and 1 ps4 with the controllers, can't bring any TVs or handelds (i don't own psvitas or psps).

eLhabib
7th August 2018, 08:39 AM
Hi nugget, I'm sorry, but it's a little too late now. Since nobody found the time to come this year, it's just gonna be AmigoJack, GKyl and me hanging out and enjoying Vienna. No big convention and no 'official' tournament this year. I think it would be best if you plan for next year, I hope we can organize something big again with lots of pilots attending.
cheers,
eL

carbonara2097
7th August 2018, 12:08 PM
Wait, why it's too late now? Cipher and AmigoJack were talking about it just few days ago\a week ago on the posts above? what changed from a week ago? there's still 1 month ahead.
Who you mean for "nobody"? because as far as i know also peanut wanted to come and maybe another friend of mine from discord, just Cipher and someone else couldn't attend it.
I don't have any problems to book a hostel\airbnb by myself for me and my friend, if G'Kyl and Amigo already did.
I wanted to come because this could've been probably the last wipeoutcon since the game is obviously dying and lot of players quitted the game, so i doubt there will be the effort to make another one...
I don't wanna be rude, but sounds like you just want a private convention for your close friends...btw, it's ok, don't worry. peace.

eLhabib
7th August 2018, 12:24 PM
As I wrote to Peanut in a private message, I do not think that this year would be a fun 'convention' for anyone who hasn't been to one of the other cons before, as it's only Amigo, GKyl and myself hanging out. Since noone else replied early, we don't have a location booked for a tournament and are mostly just enjoying vacation together. I'm not saying I don't want you to come. I'm just saying there is no point in expecting a convention and bringing consoles to play, because there is no place planned to do that now.
And yes, like you said, it's gonny be a pretty private get-together, the 3 of us have known each other personally for years. I doubt that it would be the experience you expect and would encourage you to wait until next year, when I hope we can get something bigger happening again. Have faith ;)

AmigoJack
14th August 2018, 07:36 PM
This thread started in April, after nobody else started any for this year - too bad you haven't noticed earlier. To answer your questions: yes, the dates have been confirmed (as been written in the very first post, and also I would not buy train tickets by chance). Yes, you would have needed to book something yourself. No, there's no place where you can sleep. Your device list is delicious, I would have enjoyed trying to play W'O''60-4 again.

I always write a private message to those who already attended, just for the slight chance they get an e-mail which remembers them this board exists. There's hardly any other way I can imagine where this can seek more attention to newcomers. But everybody is free to give me as many contact details as possible, so I can inform them as soon as possible for the next convention. "As many as possible" because for the average guy e-mail addresses and phone numbers can change every now and then.

When the next year starts, create a thread and stuff it with things that can be achieved - speak: not only ideas, but instead ideas that have been verified (i.e. which location/place is available; which hostel is available; which time frames are available; which consoles/games/controllers are available...). Do that, and do it early. By default, I'm open to spend my apartment again for 2019 in Bad Soden, DE.

Rapier Racer
14th September 2018, 06:54 AM
I've been off site for a while and only just seen the PM! Shame it didn't work out this year, however I'll be keeping an eye on here again so if a plan goes up early for next year I will endeavour to be there, I mean that first convention how long ago was that? XD

AmigoJack
20th September 2018, 07:00 PM
2007 is 11.5 years ago, it was in March if I remember correctly. :)

If you don't get PM notifications then PM me a reliable (or better: multiple ones) contact and I'll keep it and use them at the next time.

Rapier Racer
22nd September 2018, 01:35 PM
Switched it back on, I don't recall turning it off tbh but sorted now.

DJ Techno
12th June 2019, 10:53 AM
?
I should have posted my Facebook page in here. A long time ago.

N I would have paid attention to this big time.

If another one happens this year. I will pay closer attention to the forum.

A lot of things have happen.
But, being MIA happens