PDA

View Full Version : Wishlist of small features/changes in omega

Racingfan
18th July 2017, 08:54 PM
Which small features/changes do you wish to be in omega?

i would like to see

features:
Local personal bests for multiplayer times, Pure and no pure
2048's zone skin available for races
Ghost data for top 10 times on SL/TT
player's met activated
zone classes over 100 in 2048
loyalty stats for 2048 teams
Option to show full lobbies in lobby list
D class available in racebox/Online

changes:
Region lobby lists removed
Bombs not slowing you down as much, and expiring time to be 10 seconds
mines with lower radius
Sol available on C/B for SL/TT
Lower laps in 2048 online
pro tozo/mallavol/corridon 12/syncopia available for single race/TT/SL
quakes to be rare in elimination (way to common now)
In Pure racing, every player should start at first spot in the starting grid

BlackReign
19th July 2017, 02:18 PM
I'd like to see the following:

Quality of Life Changes:
Get rid of Region Lobby lists and allow pagination of the list of available lobbies.
Make whomever is the lobby host clear by highlighting their name, putting some kind symbol next to their name, or simply putting their name at the top of the lobby screen.
Lobby host migration should be passed to whomever was in the lobby the 2nd longest. Right now it seems completely random.
Make bombs in HD have more visible contrast like they do in 2048. They are too often really hard to see.
After you are eliminated in races the effects whatever weapon eliminated you linger on respawn and make it hard for you to get going again. Not sure why this is but it's kind of annoying.
Some weapons in 2048 don't seem to do enough damage. Missiles and quakes in particular seem like they don't do slow you down enough. Sometimes I get missiles back-to-back locking on to the same target and they magically are able to keep going without any useful defense pickups.
Removal of lobby hosts who are ible and/or pick the same track over and over without racing. Maybe after a two races with DNFs the lobby host should be kicked automatically.
A way to report bad behaving players in game. Like players who race in the opposite direction trying to interfere with the leader or other races. Or players like those guys with similar psn names who cheat by team shooting other players while never firing on each other. People who played HD on PS3 should know who I'm talking about.

Features:
The option to disable use of 2048 prototype ships in online races would be nice (if balancing the specs of those ships is too difficult).
Ghost data for top times in races, SLs, and TTs.
The ability to send friend requests by selecting the name of players in the lobby directly.
Loyalty stats for the 2048 teams.
Custom livery options would be nice. Nothing too crazy or elaborate. It would be cool to choose a couple of colors and allow the placement of team logos where we want them. Or even our own gamertags too.
Limited in-lobby chat. Pre-made phrases and questions would be the only options to prevent abuse. Things like "Please change the speed to Rapier", "Please choose Moa Therma", Start the Race!", etc.

StingerTheRaven
19th July 2017, 06:05 PM
I know I've said it before, but:
Agility-class airbrakes. Left stick. Separate them.

Zone skins in Single Race would be nice, but I'd take that controls fix any day.
Also, 2048 Time Trials and Speed Laps should have turbo. Pure Racing does it, HD time attacks do it, I see no reason Racebox 2048 can't.

blackwiggle
19th July 2017, 06:55 PM
I'd like to see somebody from Sony EDEV / Clever Beans do something about the above.....especially opening 'Players Met' option.....and a Total rethink by Sony EXDEV on why this feature has been disengaged with the PS4 games....it's a reason why online either doesn't happen, or dies quick smart.......FIX IT.
No online play= pointless for game makers to make Online DLC specific content = less $$ for Sony

Revo
20th July 2017, 12:33 AM
There should be something done about AG-Sys speed ship hegemony on A+ class, it just kills all the diversity and forces you to use one ship. Maybe boost some hidden stats (I remember somebody presented that at least on HD there are much more stats than presented on the ship selection screen) to make the other crafts competitive?

Also, the fix for this (at least for multiplayer) plus something on its own would be ship restrictions. Like you could restrict a race to specific type of ship (for example only-HD ones on HD mode or only-agility ones on 2048 mode), specific manufacturer or just one specific ship. The last one could also be aviablable to do the other way out - you would be able to not allow specific craft to be used. Could help keeping the diversity and balance, especially on 2048 but most importantly, you could experience all the ships and mode combinations you normally wouldn't, just because of them being not competetive (like fighter ships for regular races, or HD crafts, as they are rarely used because of their lower stats than Fury ones).

Also, I could put my sign under Racingfan's suggestions, would like to see these changes made too.

Racingfan
20th July 2017, 01:56 AM
theres some bug going on with ag sys speed on a+ at the moment

https://www.reddit.com/r/WipeOut/comments/6k70m2/ags_speed_bugged_on_a_speed_class/

seems like lower the speed stat is for speed ships on a+ the faster your ship is

but if they fix that bug, then they have to reset all a+ boards then, or pretty much every record will be impossible on a+

Revo
20th July 2017, 02:23 AM
That's why boosting the other ships' stats would be a better option.

derR0ND0
20th July 2017, 06:50 AM
There should be something done about AG-Sys speed ship hegemony on A+ class...

Icaras also dominates the HD/Fury leaderboards.
It's not a big deal, but as you said, it just kills all the diversity.

tug_14
20th July 2017, 07:52 AM
U can race with any ships in HD and make a good race ( win ) . that is not possible in 2048 , u have to choose only one type of craft if u want have a chance ...

derR0ND0
20th July 2017, 08:50 AM
Yes absolutely. I said it's not a big deal.
But just check the leaderboards for yourself. The majority of the boards are Icaras pilots = lack of diversity.

BlackReign
20th July 2017, 01:44 PM
theres some bug going on with ag sys speed on a+ at the moment

https://www.reddit.com/r/WipeOut/comments/6k70m2/ags_speed_bugged_on_a_speed_class/

seems like lower the speed stat is for speed ships on a+ the faster your ship is

but if they fix that bug, then they have to reset all a+ boards then, or pretty much every record will be impossible on a+

Is this truly a bug though? AG has more thrust. Maybe the Pirhana ship needs more time to get up to top speed?

Racingfan
20th July 2017, 05:14 PM
just tested some on empire climb which has lots of straight roads

piranha is slowest ship (around 1.5 seconds slower each lap vs ag sys) qirex is second

feisar is worse than ag systems as well

on A class, piranha is much better than those ships

- - - Updated - - -

I know I've said it before, but:
Agility-class airbrakes. Left stick. Separate them.

Zone skins in Single Race would be nice, but I'd take that controls fix any day.
Also, 2048 Time Trials and Speed Laps should have turbo. Pure Racing does it, HD time attacks do it, I see no reason Racebox 2048 can't.

i think the agility ship airbrakes using left stick is a bug

also for turbo on tt sl for 2048, i think they removed it from original vita version because of non designed shortcuts found back on hd because of turbo, so they removed it

BlackReign
21st July 2017, 01:47 PM
That's interesting. Thanks for taking the time to test that out via laps Racingfan. Hopefully they fix that.

Racingfan
21st July 2017, 01:49 PM
if they fix this, they must reset all a+ boards :s and i did some good times on some of the a+ challenges :(

BlackReign
21st July 2017, 02:12 PM
That would suck. But you're fast and you'll be able to do it again or best them. 8)

Revo
21st July 2017, 07:48 PM
The best solution would be just boosting other ships, not making AG-Systems slower and possibly resetting leaderboards.

Cipher
22nd July 2017, 02:42 PM
It's impossible to balance the ships in 2048, the different types of ships have completely different functionality and purpose, at best they can make a filter for e.g. Speed only, Fighter only, Agility only & Prototype only, the latter is however very hard to balance as well, because all of the prototype ships work completely different from one another.

Unfortunately 2048 seems like it was built with little balancing in mind, but rather with new mechanics instead, which I do enjoy, the concepts of some of the prototype ships are really cool and innovative, but it came at the cost of balancing.
Feisar proto is one of the only ships (alongside with maybe AGS proto) that can fit in with the speed ships (Although it would need a slight nerf, e.g. where it loses a charge every 5 seconds of not hitting a new speed pad), the others you can not boost or tweak in any way, in order to balance them, without fundamentally changing their purpose.

I too prefer balancing and variety over a certain meta, but that's simply not how 2048 works, which is, i think, also a big reason why there's much less people playing it (as they do not know which meta goes with which track, the difference between feisar proto and any speed ship on some tracks is just absolutely ridiculous (even if both pilots are excellent))

As for some of the wishes mentioned here:

Disagree with ghost data for top 10 times, there might be pilots who don't instantly (or never) want to reveal their strategy, if they want to, they can always do so by uploading a video of it now that everyone has the capability with PS4
However, i'd be okay with it if you have to actually get to top 10 to see #9, then #8, #7, .... putting the effort in to get up there, instead of just being handed the crème de la crème.
Or another option is to allow pilots to choose whether they want to upload their ghost data at the end of the run.
I really enjoyed the near system in Wipeout 2048 on the Vita :)

Bomb slow downs are fine if they are the same as on PS3, but I do agree they should be more visible, it seems the pulsating particle is very faint (LODs maybe?)
Same for mine radius, it's fine ;)

Lobby host migration should not go to the second player who joined, it should go to the player with the best internet connection, which is probably what is currently happening (and why you might think it's random)

My main requests would be (some of which mentioned in here before):
- Global lobby list by default, with the option to set filters if you really want to (adding an extra column for the region in the lobby list)
- Scrollable lobby list so you can see all lobbies available and not a sub section of them, which might not contain a lobby that fits your mojo
- Changing the net-code to not have to deal with NAT, PS3 HD never had issues with this, a lot of internet providers install their modem/router and you are not allowed access to it to modify stuff (I had to put my network in DMZ in order to make it work with a lot of games for example (which comes with security risks for those that don't know what they're doing, I advise against it (I do it because I also use it to access my system when i'm abroad)), i'm no net-code wizard though, so don't know to which extent this is possible.
- Multiplayer leaderboards would be nice to have, the local only multiplayer records mentioned in here already are an alternative.
- Sol re-enabled for TT & SL where they are disabled

mannjon
22nd July 2017, 03:00 PM
Totally agree with Cipher about the Ghost visible option. It isn't fair to just see the secret lines and rolls that make a top ten run possible. Typically folks are pretty good about posting that data anyways. It would be nice to have the option to upload or see the top times once you hit a certain number in the records, and it would also be damning evidence of a cheater because their ghost would reflect any glitches they might have used.

About the diversity of Icaras on HD. This is not something that is pure coincidence, but it isn't something that is unfair or particularly difficult to overcome. In my experience, on the HD side, there is a hierarchy to most frequently used ships that goes something like: Icaras > Feisar > Everything Else. However that is because stat wise most people just see the 100 speed stat and that it has better handling than Piranha. They are not aware of the hidden stats, otherwise more people would be using the HD ships over the Fury ones. I personally have found a niche with Tigron, as have many others.

Now with TT and SL, Icaras is king. No argument there. Best combination of handling and speed means best TT and SL ship at least in Venom and Flash. Think of Icaras as the TT and SL ship, kind of like how zone uses the same ship class (max every stat) for each event.

Snakenator1
22nd July 2017, 04:26 PM
Echoing cipher's point about the ship balance in 2048, its nigh impossible to do without changing the fundamental purpose of some ships.

As for the AG on A+ being so powerful, its to do with acceleration. I've spent an 1 hour or 2 comparing how quickly each ship can accelerate and AG has the best overall, which makes a critical difference in how quickly you recover speed from corners. The AG speed can accelerate so quickly that its unreal, pair this with a lower top speed and you have a ship which can consistently stay close to its maximum velocity regardless of the track. This attribute makes it a very powerful ship and outcompetes the others in nearly every corner.
Pir-Hana speed has the worst acceleration of the speed ships and pair this with heavy handling results in lots of speed loss through corners. With the bad acceleration this means it cannot consistently maintain its top speed, hence why it's the weakest for A+ class.

Why they would make acceleration a hidden stat? I don't know, but I think its important to have on the ship screen regardless so it baffles me somewhat.
Also admittedly the jump in difference between A and A+ class is staggering and the AG speed is a tad overpowered in this case. But FEISAR proto is more broken IMO :P

P.S To see acceleration in action just compare the boost start between the AG speed and the Auricom prototype on A+ class, you'll see the massive difference.

XxSuperRyugaxX
22nd July 2017, 05:29 PM
My wishlist (some things have already been written) :

- Region filter removed, aswell the " 10 lobby limit " so you can scroll all lobbies
- More 2048 Zone Mode classe
- Bombs to have more visibility on HD/Fury
- A new custom game mode ( I talk about Weapons off and Pure Race, I'd also put a mode where turbo are disabled and weapons are on )
- Reduce % of dropping Quake on Eliminator races
- Turbo enabled on Single Lap and Time Trial for 2048
- Online events! For example: for a limited time, (from 22/07 to 25-07) double XP points, or double loyalty points, and so on.. this would attract people
- More soundtracks (maybe with Just anche update or with a DLC? ) and a possibility to remove the ones you don't wanna listen to (WipEout Pulse for PSP allowed you to do this)
- Fix the weapon effect damage after being destroyed. What I mean is, if you get hit by 3 rockets and get destroyed, when you respawn you'll be still slow for some seconds
- Player met function enabled
- Report option for players
- Auto-kick for AFK Hosts

Racingfan
22nd July 2017, 05:50 PM
Echoing cipher's point about the ship balance in 2048, its nigh impossible to do without changing the fundamental purpose of some ships.

As for the AG on A+ being so powerful, its to do with acceleration. I've spent an 1 hour or 2 comparing how quickly each ship can accelerate and AG has the best overall, which makes a critical difference in how quickly you recover speed from corners. The AG speed can accelerate so quickly that its unreal, pair this with a lower top speed and you have a ship which can consistently stay close to its maximum velocity regardless of the track. This attribute makes it a very powerful ship and outcompetes the others in nearly every corner.
Pir-Hana speed has the worst acceleration of the speed ships and pair this with heavy handling results in lots of speed loss through corners. With the bad acceleration this means it cannot consistently maintain its top speed, hence why it's the weakest for A+ class.

Why they would make acceleration a hidden stat? I don't know, but I think its important to have on the ship screen regardless so it baffles me somewhat.
Also admittedly the jump in difference between A and A+ class is staggering and the AG speed is a tad overpowered in this case. But FEISAR proto is more broken IMO :P

P.S To see acceleration in action just compare the boost start between the AG speed and the Auricom prototype on A+ class, you'll see the massive difference.

i did some tests with agility ships of ag systems and piranha on empire climb which has barely any turns and mostly straights with lots of pads

piranha around 1.5 sec slower each lap vs ag sys

so yeah this is very interesting

one more change is for pure racing mode which i forgot to add is have every player start on the first spot in the starting grid, it can be a random advantage in 8 player matches, if you start as 8th, it be around 1 second advantage to the first player

mannjon
22nd July 2017, 06:22 PM
I too have thought about this. In pure, the winner should be determined by time, and not physical placement. You could still have a display shown with average time above or behind the leader, but it should be based solely off of time.

Racingfan
22nd July 2017, 06:47 PM
it is based on time, but when you start at the 8th grid and a good racer is at 1st, its a second advantage

mannjon
22nd July 2017, 08:05 PM
That's what I'm saying. Once the race starts, the leader gets a second head start. What I'm suggesting is that each player's time starts once they cross the start line, NOT once the leader crosses the starting line. Since there are no collisions in Pure, this would be doable and fair.

Light Buster
22nd July 2017, 10:31 PM
I only have one wish (Won't happen anytime soon, but it can happen if everything I said is thrown into place):

The return of custom soundtrack/playlist.

How it Works:

The player can use their MP3/AAC music files for their Wipeout Omega Collection soundtrack from their USB stick, much like how the custom playlists worked in HD Fury. HOWEVER, it has a price. The player cannot use the Share function to broadcast their gameplay or create video clips while using this feature as it will be disabled completely (they can still take screenshots however but any video functions are disabled, period). The player will need to use an external capture device to record gameplay footage if they wish to do so (Example: Elgato HD 60).

JFthebestJan
23rd July 2017, 01:43 AM
@Light Buster: You know, you can use your own music, right? I cannot understand why this is still requested by the people out there. Imho it's much better now, than it was back on PS3. Get all your music onto an USB-stick, and your ready to play, it's that easy.

Light Buster
23rd July 2017, 02:08 AM
I know, but the fact that the equalizer in Zone mode in particular doesn't play along with the custom music as well as some of the music effects during races makes it seem, I don't know, off. Wrong. It probably just a personal thing though. Also, it feels like a hassle when trying to manually switch songs between races and playing songs at the start of a race.

Hardwire
23rd July 2017, 06:22 PM
I would like to have ghosts enabled on 2048 time trials. They're present in HD Fury time trials, and in both HD Fury and 2048 speed laps, but for some reason not in 2048 time trials.

Racingfan
24th July 2017, 03:08 PM
thats really weird. i thought it was campaign where it didnt use ghosts on TT but i just checked on racebox and you're right, theres no ghost for TT 2048

BlackReign
24th July 2017, 03:26 PM
@Cipher & @mannjon

I kinda disagree with uploading of ghosts for top times being optional. I think it should just go it automatically. I think it's reasonable for fast pilots seeking top records to want to guard their "secret sauce" to achieving fast times. Ultimately however, that won't help grow the community. It's one thing to see how someone did a laps on a certain track with a crazy fast time but an entirely different thing to be able to achieve it. Not everyone will be able to. However, seeing that kind of thing can help and encourage other pilots to want to get better. Because we all know one thing Omega needs is more pilots and more good pilots. I tried getting a few races in last night around 10pm my time and the only lobby was a 2048 Combat lobby. No one joined my lonely rapier lobby for at least 15min so I logged off. :frown:

One good analogy that illustrates what I'm talking about is SFV's CFN network. You can search and view matches from anyone who has played matches online. From your own matches to top players. You can save matches, pause, rewind, fast forward, and even turn on button press replay so you can see what button combinations were used and exactly when. Lots of players use this to see what they did wrong and how they can improve. Sometimes I watch pro players replays for tips and tech and have become and even better player because of it.

Plus like mannjon said this kind of thing is good in the interest of transparency and ruling out cheaters/hackers.

@Cipher, Thanks for the well-reasoned post about 2048 balance! I never considered host migration going to the best connection available. Hopefully that is what's happening. Although it's annoying sometimes for a host to leave and the new host changes the settings to something entirely different. lol. A few races on phantom now let's play elim on venom. lol.

Racingfan
24th July 2017, 03:49 PM
yeah it sucks theres barely anyone playing nowadays. jugding by the boards numbers and trophy rarities, 110-120k of the players didnt touch the online at all, only 30.1k played online

heres hoping they remove region lists then discounts on ps store and free on plus in future can boost the numbers

but yeah having ghost is good for those who is interested how they got the time

AdHoc
24th July 2017, 05:03 PM
Summer didn’t help. But yeah, that was to be expected anyway.

JABBERJAW
24th July 2017, 05:29 PM
2048: The best time trial ships should be the hardest ones to control, not the easiest. (RISK VS REWARD). The slippery ships being faster in time trial are balanced in MP because they are much harder to control, and you are more likely to hit walls, AND the higher Accra ships get out first with chances of dropping mines and bombs. Not only should the slippery ships be faster, they should be faster by 1-1.5 seconds per lap than AG or Feisar, and this would even out multiplayer. Sadly, this has not been in wipeout since wipeout 64 and wo3, and while those aren't perfect, they gave it a good shot. I suggested this before release, but they said they wanted to keep it as close as possible to the original (which had the exact same problem). They said there would always be a best ship. However, imo, the best ship should not be the easiest ship to control, it should be the hardest

Racingfan
24th July 2017, 05:45 PM
if A+ speed stat is really bugged i can see piranha/qirex being the best ship if its fixed, which is hard to control in a+ imo

as for lower classes, sol, altima, piranha prototype is the best ship for it which is also hard to control, but the rest are all feisar prototype for C-A classes which is a easy controlling ship :(

JFthebestJan
25th July 2017, 03:50 AM
...for lower classes, sol, altima, piranha prototype is the best ship for it...

I have to disagree here, Pir-hana Speed is best for Sol and Altima in C-class at least. But that's probably personal preference as with most things ;)

nu9get
25th July 2017, 12:39 PM
I have to disagree here, Pir-hana Speed is best for Sol and Altima in C-class at least. But that's probably personal preference as with most things ;)

when he said sol and altima, i think he was referring to a or a+

JABBERJAW
26th July 2017, 03:47 PM
Be able to choose the same ship in split screen

Racingfan
26th July 2017, 07:18 PM
you can? i just tried it myself and it works to pick the same ship?

JABBERJAW
26th July 2017, 07:22 PM
Ok, great! When I tried when I first put my game in I tried to pick two feisar speed ships and it would not work. I'll try again tonight

mannjon
27th July 2017, 01:12 AM
I think they should add a special tab or verbiage somewhere that explains the hidden stats once you platinum the game. It's b*lls4!t to still be guessing some 9 years later. I mean we know some, but it would be nice to see. It's the least they could do too and that is a secret I actually might keep

Temet
27th July 2017, 11:07 AM
1/ Unlock Syncopia, Corridon 12, Mallovol and the last I can't remember for speed lap, TT, and even races (including online). No need of textures, it's fine like this... just need to add weapons pad.
I know it won't happen, but still it's a doable thing not requiring a lot of efforts.

2/ Give HD ships the same stats as Fury ones. HD ships are useless because Fury ones have better stats (and red HD Icaras looks so cool).

3/ Give a damn turbo for SL and TT in 2048 for god sake! I've found myself doing pure racing on Sol in multiplayer and I didn't have any idea where using the boost since I can't pratice offline !!!!

4/ Since we don't have the custom soundtrack (and no, via USB, it's really not the same since the music never stops and you don't have the sound effects), let us at least deactivate the tracks we don't want. I think it's WO Pulse that had this feature.

5/ Would be too much work, but too bad we can't get ghosts/replays of top 1000 records for each track.

6/ If one day a sequel is being developed, get rid of stupid combats and the false good-idea of discipline-oriented ships from 2048. WipEout is a racing game with weapons, not a shooting game in ships.
Also, consider an evolution for the classes... everyhting below rapier speed is damn boring (and I'm not even a good racer).

nu9get
27th July 2017, 12:59 PM
uhm, Temet, are you serious? i don't really share point 2 and 6...if hd and fury ships have same stats what would be the point to have different ships?? we'd have only different skins man, it was like this since hd fury and i'm ok with it, what's wrong? O_o fury ships were always more powerfull, and on higher speed classes using hd or fury is just the same if you can drive them.
point 6, it's cool to have more game modes, like combat and eliminator as well, even if is a racing game, playing some eliminator is really fun sometimes imo and to me, even venom is cool to play, you can pull off lot of barrel rolls and go fast, i ask if you are serious because you played hd\fury since first years and the game is actually the same so i don't get why you wanna change it now :O

(not a critique, just asking)

NotEnoughRed
27th July 2017, 01:51 PM
1/ Unlock Syncopia, Corridon 12, Mallovol and the last I can't remember for speed lap, TT, and even races (including online). No need of textures, it's fine like this... just need to add weapons pad.
I know it won't happen, but still it's a doable thing not requiring a lot of efforts.

We thought about this during development, we felt it'd be too confusing for new players. (Why do these tracks look so bad?!) - it's also not a small amount of work - you'd need to set up leaderboards for the game modes, and then play test the game with the weapon pads, etc.. it's quite a lot of QA expense. It was on the wishlist - but quickly dropped as it felt "outside of the projects remit"

2/ Give HD ships the same stats as Fury ones. HD ships are useless because Fury ones have better stats (and red HD Icaras looks so cool).

Interesting idea - but again, we felt that this wouldn't be staying true to the original games whenever possible (which was the remit of the project) - we agree that the fury ships do make the HD ships seemingly redundant. We did consider an option to let MP races be "limited" to HD / Fury / Prototype / etc "only" - but again, this was a lot of work and was dropped.

3/ Give a damn turbo for SL and TT in 2048 for god sake! I've found myself doing pure racing on Sol in multiplayer and I didn't have any idea where using the boost since I can't pratice offline !!!!

I actually think this is a bad idea, if you have a turbo, you open up the boost-cancelling-boost technique that players use for 2048 - which we felt breaks the spirit of time trials (every lap should count, not just every other lap after you spend a lap cancelling) - we actually think removal of the boost altogether is the solution to perform here. But then again, it doesn't stay true to WO:HD doing that.

4/ Since we don't have the custom soundtrack (and no, via USB, it's really not the same since the music never stops and you don't have the sound effects), let us at least deactivate the tracks we don't want. I think it's WO Pulse that had this feature.

You should still get sound effects?? - Deactivation of tracks is quite a bit of work, it was a feature we wanted to do, but as the entire sound engine had to be re-written we simply ran out of time.

5/ Would be too much work, but too bad we can't get ghosts/replays of top 1000 records for each track.

It's an absolute tonne of work - The game doesn't store the ghost data online, so it would have to upload that to a centralised server (which is a lot of data) - and then enable the download of other peoples ghosts into your game. It's not a trivial sadly. (great idea for a feature though)

6/ If one day a sequel is being developed, get rid of stupid combats and the false good-idea of discipline-oriented ships from 2048. WipEout is a racing game with weapons, not a shooting game in ships.
Also, consider an evolution for the classes... everyhting below rapier speed is damn boring (and I'm not even a good racer).

I'm not a fan of the weapons at all, if i'm honest, but each player has their own preferences. I think it's more about giving players options to tweak the game to their preferences.. :)

---

Unfortunately, from the general replies above, you'll probably see that 99% of games development is about the ever reducing amount of time to implement the ideas we want to in the time we have left. The most painful part of games development is having a million great ideas and maybe picking 2 or 3 to actually get into the game because of the simple lack of time.

All your ideas are great, and definitely the kinds of things we'd have liked to do.. but as always "time"

- - - Updated - - -

I think they should add a special tab or verbiage somewhere that explains the hidden stats once you platinum the game. It's b*lls4!t to still be guessing some 9 years later. I mean we know some, but it would be nice to see. It's the least they could do too and that is a secret I actually might keep

I've seen the secret stats!

I am the keeper of the secrets!! *Evil laugh*

I shall take these secrets to the grave! *More Evil Laughter!*

Racingfan
27th July 2017, 03:12 PM

hd ships ain't useless. they can be very good, and sometimes even better as fury versions IMO (assegai and mirage) mirage fury seems a little weird now when i went for 100k loyalty on that ship, so i used the hd ship and it was a beast :D same goes for assegai

As for turbo SL tt i sent you a PM

I like the elimination mode in HD but however i dislike the 2048's version of combat because tracks are too long, skill cuts etc etc. i do dislike the ship variants (speed, fighter, agility) but i like the idea of prototype ships with cool mechanics

Pure had the jukebox feature you can skip a song by pressing the touchpad tho

- - - Updated - - -

We thought about this during development, we felt it'd be too confusing for new players. (Why do these tracks look so bad?!) - it's also not a small amount of work - you'd need to set up leaderboards for the game modes, and then play test the game with the weapon pads, etc.. it's quite a lot of QA expense. It was on the wishlist - but quickly dropped as it felt "outside of the projects remit"

yeah they didn't look great at all when i played syncopia, no textures at all. still i loved the track :P

i think those boards are already in omega tho? i did look on leaderboards and they're available for single race, TT and SL, but 0 people on the boards, theres also detonator boards for 2048 (only shows up sometimes, think its a glitch) also 0 people on those

on ps3 version there were like 100-200 people on the syncopia Single race, TT and SL boards, 2-3 for mallavol (maybe they found out how to play mallavol on SR, TT SL somehow) however pro tozo and corridon shows up as 0 players

not really a fan of the turbo myself because its pretty overpowered and can do weird stuff with it like non designed shortcuts if a another game is coming then i would like the turbo to be like in wipEout pure, where turbo is pretty weak

time does seem like a big issue yeah :(

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=NotEnoughRed;253433]

I've seen the secret stats!

I am the keeper of the secrets!! *Evil laugh*

I shall take these secrets to the grave! *More Evil Laughter!*

ship's hidden stats? i wonder how its like on ag systems speed because its crazy on a+ better than piranha (piranha is slowest ship on a+ :lol) (1-2 second differences each lap)

JABBERJAW
27th July 2017, 05:23 PM
Agreed on the speed ships, the easiest to control are the fastest. Piranha should be the fastest if you can do it, and so on down to Ag sys in last. .5 seconds per lap advantage from the most slippery to the least if piloted perfectly is about how it should be.

Temet
27th July 2017, 07:30 PM
@NotEnoughRed : first, a big thank for taking the time to answer me, I really appreciate. And don't get me wrong, wishlist does not mean I'm not grateful for what you delivered.
For the turbo in 2048, I can't agree with you because several skillcuts are accessible only with turbo and it's impossible to practice out of single race. I like the skillcuts idea a lot.

A bit like Racingfan, I liked Eliminator from Fury a lot more than Combat in 2048. For me, I like weapons, as long as it's still "a racing game, with weapons" ;)
And yeah I think I saw The 4 Puretastics on the leaderboard too :D

Hum, you give me a doubt about the sound effects, I'll give another try.

mannjon
28th July 2017, 02:10 AM
and also @red, I'm only kidding really... those secret stats do become aware to those that pilot the ships to the full potential, er... sort of. Still, it might be nice to actually know if I am just crazy for believing that there is in fact a legit reason to chose HD ship over Fury based on hidden stats, or if there really are no hidden stats to consider.

I tend to think that there would not be Tigron and Uber added as HD only variants if the above were not true, and it seems like the HD ships have lower mass and thus all have different centers of gravity.

If you PM me your secrets, I promise not to tell =^.^=

Racingfan
28th July 2017, 02:17 AM
for tigron and van uber since theres no fury variant i think they balanced the ships with fury variants of other ships. it has better stats than feisar but 15% lower shield

as for hidden stats, van uber seems to be better in pitching than feisar. van uber's handling is also better than feisar
i hope XDEV sells van uber as a standalone soon. Van-Uber is the best phantom ship in some tracks like Sebenco and Sol

NotEnoughRed
28th July 2017, 11:02 AM
@NotEnoughRed : first, a big thank for taking the time to answer me, I really appreciate. And don't get me wrong, wishlist does not mean I'm not grateful for what you delivered.

Hey: I/We don't see it like that at all. Trust me, I'm the first one to wish there were more things in all games... ;)

Regarding the secret stats...

I think the secret stats are what makes the game interesting aren't they? - it keeps the debate going, the tiny differences that add up on different tracks to make it about discovering which is the best ship / track combination. That's the end game of Wipeout, and so publishing the facts and figures removes the mystery and a [very slim] reason for keeping playing and trying different ships.

The HD ships being outclassed by the Fury ships is an interesting situation, the Fury DLC basically made the HD ships next-to-useless. (I'm sure there still are uses) but it seemed to be an active decision, and we wanted to respect that decision. There was a real temptation to tweak! but again our respect for the game and the franchise and all the people who have worked on it over the years, we felt that wasn't our job. We saw ourselves as painting restorers rather than painters.

blackwiggle
28th July 2017, 11:24 AM
The HD ships are the best for getting through 95% of Campaign IMHO, plus if you choose a HD craft the opposing AI craft are HD as well, so it's not as if the AI are having a advantage of using FURY craft.
I've always found the Fury craft tend to bounce around a lot more than the HD ones, and since I always race in first person nose cam, that can be a real PITA

nu9get
28th July 2017, 12:59 PM
Regarding the secret stats...

I think the secret stats are what makes the game interesting aren't they? - it keeps the debate going, the tiny differences that add up on different tracks to make it about discovering which is the best ship / track combination. That's the end game of Wipeout, and so publishing the facts and figures removes the mystery and a [very slim] reason for keeping playing and trying different ships.

it is. if you understand which hidden stats a ship have, you can use that ship in a certain track instead of another, for example van uber has hidden pitch stats as rf said, also much more grip than other ships, so it's better to use it on low barrel rolls tracks etc.
imho, it's up to the gamer to find them out using the ship till the death, it's like an experience achievement. :D

I've always found the Fury craft tend to bounce around a lot more than the HD ones

uhm, i see hd ships more bouncy, but maybe it's just my feel.
i think it changes from ship to ship...i see icaras HD way more bouncy than icaras fury, can't remember other ships tho, but iirc also agsys hd is more bouncy than fury.
but still, it's just a personal feeling :P

blackwiggle
28th July 2017, 01:34 PM
As I mentioned......If playing in Nose Cam View......Fury Craft bounce around, where the HD craft don't

mannjon
28th July 2017, 01:57 PM
I personally prefer the hd ships. The three ships I actually use all look way better: tigron, Icaras and piranha. I also prefer the blue trails.

And if red is basically admitting that the hd ships do not have a balance or benefit over the fury variants then every self proclaimed expert should use them as a handicap.

I frequently do this. In a lobby full of all fury ships, if I win by a wide margin I'll switch to hd to be fair. Back in it was kind of a nod of mutual respect among pilots. I had many matches where someone close to my skill level would intentionally switch to the hd version to level the playing field. I always thought that was neat.

Still though it seems like hd ships still have some advantages. They seem to roll a little faster and have an easier to control center of gravity. Am I wrong here? Also it would appear that with piranha, the hd gets more afterburner time out of turbos and rolls than fury.

nu9get
28th July 2017, 02:19 PM
to me, hd ships are not that much disadvantaged over the fury ships...at least on phantom speed, the difference is so small that you almost don't feel it (i talk for me), that's why i use them on multiplayer + aesthetic factor, cus some hd models looks so beautiful then i don't really care about the stats :D

but still depends on the ship imo, for example auricom fury is way better than auricom hd in term of stats so you can really feel the disadvantage there, auri hd is so heavy and hard to turn compared to fury.
feisar\agsys fury is almost the same of hd models if you play them on phantom...i would say ag sys hd is EVEN better than fury model. Still a personal feeling here too.

also i agree with you mannjon about the blue trails, way more cool :P i love when you get mixed red\blue trails, it looks amazing!

Temet
28th July 2017, 02:58 PM
@NotEnoughRed : I think it was doable to add Synopia online, since it was already doable on WOHD via a Glitch :) --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtNethX0bHg
EDIT : and a TimeTrial also, from one the greatest pilot ever : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWX-Ezi9I5U

mannjon
28th July 2017, 11:45 PM
Well though it was possible, it has obviously been patched out now. Not sure how that impacts overall code of the game. But it was a pretty significant fix. You can still access Syncopia events on HD on the PS3, even with the latest version.

Racingfan
29th July 2017, 03:00 AM
i wonder if tech de ra reverse replaced by a blank icon which is where syncopia were was caused by lag when loading the track list

everything loads instant now in omega

@notenoughred

is there a reason why the fury main menu dynamic theme was removed from omega? really loved fury theme :p

- - - Updated - - -

@NotEnoughRed : I think it was doable to add Synopia online, since it was already doable on WOHD via a Glitch :) --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtNethX0bHg
EDIT : and a TimeTrial also, from one the greatest pilot ever : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWX-Ezi9I5U

good times on syncopia online. its also possible to play 600 point elimination match on syncopia, which is a 120 lap race because of no weapon pads :lol

Light Buster
6th August 2017, 05:22 AM
I don't know if the music effect when the colors in Zone mode changes are in Omega so I would like to see that as well.

Racingfan
12th August 2017, 02:48 AM
i did some testing on sol on C/B's speed in A class, i did this by holding the acculator button (r2) a tiny bit till it reaches a steady 3 bars on speed meter out of 5
if you don't know, developers locked Sol in racebox on C-B classes because the AI couldn't reach the other side of the gap on C and B classes but it was locked on SL and TT as well

D is 3 bars out of 5 (piranha speed)
C is 4 out of 5 (piranha speed) bars without using any rolls or speed pads
B is 5 (piranha speed)

piranha speed reaches the other side very easily with 3 bars on speed meter even without using pitch by using the left pad right before the gap

fighter ships may be a issue on C/B in sol as they have terrible stats in pitching etc as i had trouble making the jump with fighter ships on 3 bars with no pitch, so maybe make the ship selection speed ships only on sol TT and speed lap?