PDA

View Full Version : Another World/Out Of This World sequel

Mano
20th September 2003, 04:36 AM
Hey everyone, havent posted in a while with classes and all the things i have bee doing lately, i recently had a model from a class being exposed in an art gallery(i study architecture if some of you can remember) its an aerial refuge, here are some pics of the prototype in a 1/100 scale made out of wood, paper, carboard, and some thread (a bit sketchy yeah :P ); the one on the gallery is 1/25 and is made of galvanized wire, aluminun, nylon and cardboard, had to solder the entire thing with a heat soldering gun... :P kinda uncomfortable as i had to hold several pieces in place because of some loops on the model that made the wire spring back etc., maybe later i will be able to take some pics of the big one on the gallery.

Proto pics:

http://espanol.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mangelck/vwp?.dir=/Mis+fotos&.dnm=4926.jpg&.view=t

http://espanol.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mangelck/vwp?.dir=/Mis+fotos&.dnm=ecaf.jpg&.view=t

http://espanol.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mangelck/vwp?.dir=/Mis+fotos&.dnm=eccd.jpg&.view=t

I would post bigger and better quality pics but this is as far as this service lets me *(i mean yahoo photo service)*.

Talking about something else very different i found what i thought didnt exist.... the sequel to another world/out of this world, its a pretty old game that some of you might remember, the reason i never saw this before, is that its a SEGA CD exclusive, and that system never came to this shores....tho i saw some pics in a magazine, but i thought the game got canned, anyway if im not the only one living under a rock that didnt know of the existance of this game, the game is great and is the continuation of where the first game left off.

infoxicated
20th September 2003, 12:13 PM
I remember playing Another World on the Amiga 1200 - fantastic storyline and very stylish in it's presentation. It had a sequel called Flashback, although I never got to play that. From what I remember it was one of the first games to use motion capture extensively. :)

xEik
20th September 2003, 12:19 PM
Many people believe Flashback to be a sequel to Another World but I'm almost certain that it is not the case (I have only played Flashback). It is true, though, that the developpers are the same, so similarities between the two games must exist.

Mano
20th September 2003, 03:35 PM
I am very sorry for not being specific, but really Flashback is not the game im talking about (flashback is not the sequel), the name of the game is Heart Of The Alien, and this one really is the continuation of Another World (should have posted the name of the game to avoid confusion), if you liked the first you should really-really look for it on undredogs site.

Mano
20th September 2003, 03:38 PM
I would post bigger and better quality pics but this is as far as this service lets me *(i mean yahoo photo service)*.

I just edited the original post and added the part between *´s

Btw the game completely captures the feel of the first one and the sound and music is great on SEGA CD (for a game of that era), using GENS (megadrive/genesis, mega cd/sega cd, 32x emulator), and the game is downloadable as an iso from the Underdogs site (45MB ISO).

Task
20th September 2003, 05:24 PM
Oooh, Heart Of The Alien! I've been looking for that game for _ages_!
I've got Out Of This World, and the "game in the same genre" Flashback, and the sequel to that, Fade To Black, but I've never been able to find Heart Of The Alien.
From what I've heard, you play "buddy" (since Lester dies in the first) and it's pretty cool.
Time to go get my DL on...

rodwipE
20th September 2003, 09:37 PM
I played it as Out Of This World on 3D0 and as Another World on Atari ST. It was also on SNES . Great stuff. I played Fade To Black as well but wasn't aware of the connection. Guess it should have clicked when I saw the Levis.