PDA

View Full Version : New WipEout Clothing Merch incoming!

Hybrid Divide
7th June 2017, 05:13 PM
Playstation Gear is coming soon with new WipEout clothing! :D

https://www.playstation-gear.com/en/brands/wipeout

Hope us in the USA can buy it, too!

AdHoc
7th June 2017, 05:23 PM
I dig, thanks. They look better than the InsertCoin ones.

Unfortunately they don’t specify if it’s screen printing, transfer printing (worst method) or direct to garment (DTG, best method).

Racingfan
7th June 2017, 05:23 PM
I'm sooooo gonna get this :d

hopefully the shipping isnt too expensive!

AlisGelida
7th June 2017, 09:06 PM
Oh dear, why there's not an Auricom shirt?

RIP me...

PureSpeed7
8th June 2017, 01:43 AM
wait... so there's ONLY FX350 logo and FEISAR logo shirts? Better than nothing I guess... =\

Racingfan
8th June 2017, 09:54 PM
Is this limited btw? can i wait two more weeks and get this no problem? because i want all later

Snakenator1
8th June 2017, 10:16 PM
Just letting you guys know that the merch is now on sale! I've already bought my FEISAR shirt :D

Force Ten
8th June 2017, 11:31 PM
Despite my love of Piranha and Qirex I've always had a soft spot for Feisar's color scheme and Pepsi-like logo. Will pick that up whenever I can! (yay more importing :D)

Hybrid Divide
8th June 2017, 11:50 PM
I just hope they'll ship to the states! I have an email into them, and will post the results when they respond.

Hybrid Divide
9th June 2017, 08:22 AM
Update:
I just heard back from Playstation Gear, and the news isn't good. Read below.
============
Hi Ben

Thanks for contacting PlayStation Gear.

To ensure the best possible customer experience we are currently operating in the UK, France and Germany.

We continue to explore the possibility of expanding the PlayStation Gear store availability but have nothing to announce at this time.
==========
I'll email them back for clarification, but at the moment, it looks like we're screwed, unless I import, as the American Playstation Gear site still lists nothing. :turd :brickwall :(

Come on, Sony. Be nice to the USA for a change...

AdHoc
9th June 2017, 08:26 AM
I’ll be in Paris at the end of July until the 9th August, so I could potentially redirect merch overseas for you. But last time I sent a package to the US, it was close to €50 (arguably, it was quite a big box).

If you’re interested let me know and maybe we can sort something out.

Hybrid Divide
9th June 2017, 08:36 AM
I found the head of Playstation Gear for Europe on Twitter, explaining that I'm a big WipEout fan with a location problem. I live in the USA.

It really, really irks me how this game gets ignored by everyone here. I've been doing my part, of course. I've spent a bit over $100 for a $40 game, and I don't even have a PS4 to play it on yet! Anyway, we'll see what he says.

All we want to do is give Sony (MORE) money after all. Why make it harder for us?

Cheapether
9th June 2017, 01:53 PM
It's not difficult to arrange international shipping to meet customer need. If they don't want to make money, then screw 'em. Take your business to RedBubble, or wherever, and let them incur the loss of potential sales.

I've been here for this series since the first Wipeout was only pictures in a magazine, and a CG demo in a kitschy movie about hacking. Since then, Sony has done absolutely #*&%-all to see that support for the series is anywhere near equal on both sides of the pond. Between having to bend over backwards for DLC content in handhelds, having to buy a game two or three times via import to get region-specific packaging, and now seeing a UK-only giveaway for the Tigron model, it has become pretty clear that Wipeout is essentially a single-region series that releases outside of EU as more of a formality than anything.

Hybrid Divide
9th June 2017, 04:40 PM
I just wish they wouldn't justify doing nothing over here by saying "Oh, but it doesn't sell here!". But if they put forth the same effort over here that Playstation UK does, it'd sell like crazy!

As it is, they have nobody to blame but themselves.

Racingfan
9th June 2017, 10:03 PM
woah, only 3 countries for shipping?

scalpers paradise

KazzyMac
9th June 2017, 11:41 PM
International shipping is legit murder though. I had a tiny box sent from LA and shipping it cost close to £30 on import/customs fees alone. For something the size of a friggin' USB thumbstick. Jeesh.

They really should get their heads out their asses and just get a US-stationed facility, though, because it's dumb how many Wipeout fans there are in the states that they keep ignoring. Then again it's happened both ways for me (plenty of amazing things that have been US-only -_-), so it's not just Wipeout.

Saying that I've got some friends in LA I might need to buy a few for. Will have to see. :/

Hybrid Divide
10th June 2017, 12:54 AM
That's just it, they DO have a US facility! They just haven't stocked any WipEout stuff! No excuse, Sony!

GATEMAN
10th June 2017, 04:19 AM
Yeah, this really sucks. They even advertised it on the US blog...

The only option is a package forwarding service which would cost a ton.:evil

AdHoc
10th June 2017, 11:09 AM
If you can bring yourself to trust me, I'll be in Paris end of July/until 9th August. I'd send the items to your address overseas and would only ask you to send me the price of delivery via PayPal.

Hybrid Divide
10th June 2017, 06:57 PM
Oh, I trust ya AdHoc. :) And I may end up taking you up on your offer. I guess that my point is, that I shouldn't have to go through such lengths to get this stuff. Sony should be eager to take my money themselves, you know?

AdHoc
11th June 2017, 01:48 AM
If only it was the first aberration they committed...

missmolotov
12th June 2017, 12:03 AM
The dop10 10% off code is working on the new WipEout stuff :) Effectively gives you free postage on the hoodie. I gather they're all men's tops, but it would be helpful if they had a size guide on there.

Knux_Chaotix
12th June 2017, 12:31 AM
Im deffo gonna grab a few of these. I love my InsertCoin ones and Im more than happy to add more Wipeout to my wardrobe.

Snakenator1
12th June 2017, 04:06 PM
I've just received my shirt and can confirm that the graphics are direct-to-garment, which is great stuff because the FEISAR logo has the perfect shade of colours (very saturated blues and yellow) and should not fade anytime soon. Please bear in mind if anyone is trying to import these the sizes are UK size based so make sure you account for that before purchase (I'm sure there are size comparison charts floating around to compare UK size to another country's).

Definitely worth the money IMO, loving the vibrant colour.

missmolotov
12th June 2017, 04:20 PM
Good to know the prints are good quality :) What's the material thickness like?

I sent PlayStation Gear an e-mail about sizes last night. All the WipEout pages have size guides now, in centimeters and inches. The sizes appear vary slightly between products.

To find the guide click on a shirt, then 'Size', then a blue pane pops out on the right. Scroll to the bottom of that and there's a tiny 'Size Guide' link at the bottom.

I might have just bought a couple things, I couldn't help myself.

Hybrid Divide
12th June 2017, 05:47 PM
Got a response from Playstation Gear US, which is apparently run by ThinkGeek. Someone nicknamed "Brick". Not good news.

Hello,

I'm sorry about that! Unfortunately, that merchandise is only available on the UK store. We are not currently offering it, please let me know if you have any further questions.

Brick
ThinkGeek

I know AdHoc has offered to help me import. :) Anyone else? After all, I can't be the only one who wants these in the USA.

Cipher
13th June 2017, 11:29 PM
The dop10 10% off code is working on the new WipEout stuff :) Effectively gives you free postage on the hoodie.

Thanks for that one, didn't know it existed!

Will have to bug my sis in paris with my geek cravings haha! :D

missmolotov
14th June 2017, 01:37 AM
No problem :) I hope your sister is in a helpful mood.

Got an e-mail saying my stuff is arriving tomorrow. Can't wait! Just beaten Zico for the first time, tried for ages but had no luck on HD. Feel like I've earnt it now :)

mannjon
14th June 2017, 05:07 PM
Update:
I just heard back from Playstation Gear, and the news isn't good. Read below.
============
Hi Ben

Thanks for contacting PlayStation Gear.

To ensure the best possible customer experience we are currently operating in the UK, France and Germany.

We continue to explore the possibility of expanding the PlayStation Gear store availability but have nothing to announce at this time.
==========
I'll email them back for clarification, but at the moment, it looks like we're screwed, unless I import, as the American Playstation Gear site still lists nothing. :turd :brickwall :(

Come on, Sony. Be nice to the USA for a change...

Ugh, ce la vie. No steel book. No tshirts. No competition and no love.

Congratulations! You are now officially the closest pilot to me in the US!

Actually know what? This is some bullsnizzle. I'm going to start making original designs that don't have the logo and screen print them myself. There is a place near here I can do that on the cheap and I can burn my own screens. One if the perks of having worked as a professional tshirt designer before. You guys start sending ideas and I'll try to get some illustrations done up before choosing a few to make.

Since these will be skating a thin line between being boot leg shirts, if I can afford it I will provide these for FREE to anyone I can ship to affordably.

*Edit*
So... I came up with a few shirts that could be screenprinted easily. I have this in another post that is more on topic for those purposes.

missmolotov
30th June 2017, 02:09 AM
I thought I should update. I bought a t-shirt and a hoodie. The t-shirt is great and I kept it, the hoodie was terrible and went back. The print had a hole or a flap in it. Maybe like there was fluff underneath it when it was printed and it had lifted up afterwards. The stitching was also coming undone under the arm and around the cuff.

They wouldn't let me exchange it, I could only send it back and buy another. After a week of e-mails back and forth, they said they would refund the postage if I bought another, but they wouldn't honour the discount from the Days of Play code. By this point I just lost heart. It was quite depressing, I had treated myself to cheer myself up because my steelbook also arrive damaged from Amazon.

So if you're going to, I'd recommend the t-shirts, but not the hoodie or the customer service.

Kaelef
2nd July 2017, 11:57 PM
Can anyone who has received the shirts comment on the materials? I personally dislike the heavy cotton used in many promo shirts and prefer thinner material, so I'm curious about these. Thanks!
(And speaking of the lack of attention the series gets outside the U.K., I notice that there are zero online tournaments going on in Omega Collection outside the EU region. :mad:)

mannjon
3rd July 2017, 03:11 AM
Kalef! Another American!!! Race me sometime: mannjon

We won't likely get official shirts here, but there is a site I came across that has non-official stuff. If I can find it, I'll post the details.

Kaelef
3rd July 2017, 03:32 AM
Hi! You'll have to give me a little while to get re-acquainted with piloting these things... I don't think I'd pose much of a challenge to anyone right now! :D

Amaroq Dricaldari
4th July 2017, 09:00 PM
Ugh, ce la vie. No steel book. No tshirts. No competition and no love.

Congratulations! You are now officially the closest pilot to me in the US!

Actually know what? This is some bullsnizzle. I'm going to start making original designs that don't have the logo and screen print them myself. There is a place near here I can do that on the cheap and I can burn my own screens. One if the perks of having worked as a professional tshirt designer before. You guys start sending ideas and I'll try to get some illustrations done up before choosing a few to make.

Since these will be skating a thin line between being boot leg shirts, if I can afford it I will provide these for FREE to anyone I can ship to affordably.

*Edit*
So... I came up with a few shirts that could be screenprinted easily. I have this in another post that is more on topic for those purposes.

Are you still making these things? I'd like a FEISAR shirt.

missmolotov
8th July 2017, 10:53 PM
Can anyone who has received the shirts comment on the materials?

I can only comment on the Feisar shirt. It's not see-through, but I would say it's not a very thick shirt. The fabric is not as smooth as game shirts I have imported from the US. The print is quite thick and has a slightly rough texture to it.